Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goldsnoop pro ?

+6
Inhere
rc62burke
adrian addonas
ToadWhisperer
Celeste
MS
10 posters

Go down

Goldsnoop pro ? Empty Goldsnoop pro ?

Post  MS Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:29 pm

Hi all
I’m looking for a detector for my partner to use for prospecting, she has been using my old garret scorpion and has trouble in the mineralisation and doesn’t enjoy coming out with me detecting now as it’s too noisy and hard to operate.
My plan is to keep my ML3500 and pass it onto her when I update, but need something better in the interim that she can use without too much trouble whilst still in with half a chance on gold above lets say 1 gm.
I have been reading about the Goldsnoop pro at around $329 and would like to know if this unit is any good and would suit my purpose.
The low price has put me off a bit from taking it serious but thought I would ask first just in case it’s any good.
Mark
MS
MS
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 791
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Goldsnoop pro ? Empty Re: Goldsnoop pro ?

Post  Celeste Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:55 pm

Goldsnoop Pro is a cheap detector but works where other vlf detectors might not. It can find small bits of gold & is light to carry. Just turn on the discrimination & only dig the targets that respond. Does not have ground balance but users claim it doesn't respond to minerals.

Jack Lange used to sell them. But he was banned from selling ML detectors so that was his only choice if he wanted to stay in the trade.
Celeste
Celeste
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  ToadWhisperer Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:57 am

Celeste wrote:
Jack Lange used to sell them. But he was banned from selling ML detectors so that was his only choice if he wanted to stay in the trade.
I'm new to this hobby so could someone tell me why Jack Lange was banned by Minelab?

ToadWhisperer
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Celeste Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:13 am

Have you never wondered why he suddenly stopped selling ML detectors & started selling those Chinese made detectors? He uses ML detectors in his videos. He uses them in all his written stories too. Should seem obvious that his lucrative business dropped the ML products at short notice.

The story goes that he bought a number of the latest ML detectors in the USA very cheaply & continued the process of importing them to Australia after he was warned not to by ML. Evil or Very Mad He probably didn't know they were stolen when he first paid the seller & had too much money tied up in them to let them go after paying for them. Doesn't make him dishonest although everyone knows he should have known better. Some say he did know better but was lured by the low price. He has since retired & sold the business.
Celeste
Celeste
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2009-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian addonas Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:52 am

Hi MS
Gold snoop Bought one a while back ‘
Observations . Cheaply made in china. Light weight. Not robust enough for any serous work. Never lived up to any depth claims made, Struggles to pick up all but large objects and those at very shallow depth when running discrimination.
In my opinion worth around $ 79 , That’s the price K Mart where selling them under a different name a while back , That’s a fair price for a entry level coin machine and that’s what it is. Cant see why its $300 plus Laughing Laughing
sunny

adrian addonas
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Back to top Go down

Goldsnoop pro ? Empty Jack Lange:

Post  rc62burke Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:24 pm

Hi all
In regards the gold snoop, a good place to start to work out if you will maintain an interest in detecting before spending thousands, I own one.
Re : Jack, I have known him for 12 months bought the snoop off him & borrow his SD2200d, He has told me the whole story about those detectors, J P knows the story to Im lead to believe, some comments are verging on a personnal attack, on someone that cannot respond here. Some peoples alliances to ML could alter the true story.
cheers
Lee
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Inhere Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:34 pm

Hi rc62burke, the only way to end rumours, is to reveal the TRUE story.
Inhere
Inhere
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 941
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:37 pm

apparently they make a pretty good sex toy aswell!

Quote from Jacks Ebay ad:

"Its an Efficient and easy-to-use pleasure machine!"

Back to top Go down

Post  MS Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:12 pm

Thanks for the replys
It seems it may be worth the money from what people are saying but not that great.
I have to be a bit carefull here as if I get her someting thats not much better than what she is using now {Garret Scorpion } and not liking now, I will dig a hole deeper for myself.
Any other sugestions ? need something that will cancel out most trash but handle the mineralised ground and run quiet enough to hear the targets and be easy to use ie- auto ground balance.
Can go upto lets say $1500 but don't want to spend more as she will get my 3500 in a year or so.
Mark
MS
MS
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Goldsnoop pro ? Empty Gold snoop

Post  rc62burke Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:17 pm

Hi Mark
The gold snoop will run without a sound all day untill you cross a target, no ground noise etc, i will check depth with the 12" coil but im sure i would have found the 2 small nuggets (on my other post ) with the snoop. cheers
Lee
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Inhere Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:46 pm

Forget about the gold snoop MS, she'll hate it, they are crap.get the girl a GMT, easy to use, great GB, I got one for my wife, about $1250 from Tony Mills, and now she is just as keen as me. Wink
Inhere
Inhere
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 941
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  MS Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:09 am

Thanks guys
I have made my mind up and will go with the whites GMT
Reading up on the tech data and reviews it looks like this unit will do what I'm looking for and will be handy later on to cover more bases in trashy areas.
If I bought her something a bit crapy I would only get it dished back at me tenfold so better get it right the first time and spend the extra bucks.
Mark
MS
MS
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Beer Beeper Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:59 am

Yes, you cannot go wrong with the GMT, very good reports about them. BUT if money is tight you may look at buying an older and cheaper second-hand GT or FT 16000, XT 17000 or 18000. You may get a GT 16000 for $300 or less. There is even a 12" elliptical coil available for it, as I have one that I want to keep.

I would rather spend $200 or $300 on a GT 16000 instead of and, rather than a Gold Snoop!

In 1989 I really liked and found some nice nuggets with a GT 16000, it was stable and worked good in bad soils. I think it was about 7.5 kHz and good on 1 gram nuggets. Nuggets I remember I found then were about 14, 12, 11 to several around 1 or 2 grams or so. The GMT will find smaller size gold, yes.

BUT you might get an older second-hand green box SD 2000, 2100 or 2200 for under $1000 also(and you all can use the same coils together with your GP 3500). And about the same price as a new GMT. When you update to a new GPX 5000 or so and pass the GP 3500 on to her, you can sell the SD 2000, 2100 or 2200.

Beer Beeper
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:14 pm

Gooday All.
I don't know why you's are bagging Jack Lange, I have delt with him when he had his detector shop at Greta & I found him very honest & very helpful. I heard that he sold his shop because he & his wife spent so much time prospecting in Nth. Qld. he decided to retire up here. I thought that this site was against bagging people.
Cheers Greg.
PS. I bet he has helped more people in detecting than most.

Greg
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:43 pm

Hi Greg

Most people agree with you about Jack Lange but in this instance, we are just being advised about a poor business decision he made

Jeff
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4504
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:25 pm

and ambiguous choice of words on his Ebay ad Laughing

Back to top Go down

Goldsnoop pro ? Empty Gold snoop pro

Post  rc62burke Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:43 pm

Hi all
As far as I am aware, straight from Jack Lange, he did all the right checks on these detectors before the purchase.
If it is okay with the administrators of this site, I would like to bring these comments to Jacks attention so that he may reply via me if he so wishes, I for one have great respect for Jack, he is the one that has helped me learn this game & gain the skills to find the 6ozer, so those that don't know the true story no more bagging thanks, let us all show some integrity & form our own opinion from the truth.
cheers
Lee
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:19 am

It's hard not to mention the Gold Snoop without discussing Jack Lange as he used to sell them via his business. He's been prospecting Australia for decades and held a high profile in the Australian Prospecting Community for many years until his recent retirement. The Gold Snoop detector has been brought up before so do a search of the posts here and you should find a couple of in-depth detailed posts on this detector. Some people don't have much faith in the Gold Snoop at all and there have been suggestions from Jack that he modified them for use here on Australian soil via an electronics adjustment prior to marketing them here. One such claim made said that the Gold Snoop was better than any other VLF detector up to $1600. I think that if this were true, that the Gold Snoop would have a bigger following than it does. Jack claimed that the Gold Snoop will find gold up to 2grams in size at larger (unspecified) depths and that's probably a fair statement. A lot of people happen to like Jack as he comes across as a decent fellow and I find that he's been helpful both on his website and in his assistance and business dealings with others

The Gold Snoop operates at 6.7khz so it would be better for depth than for smaller sized specimens. No manual ground balance. It has discrimination in the way of 'junk/iron rejection' and weighs just 1.1kg so it's quite light. Pinpoints in "no motion mode". Battery requirements: 2x 9 volt batteries. Last time I saw a price it was AUD $239.

The Gold Snoop Pro has no ground balance control because it is claimed to be "revolutionary" in not requiring a need to GB, even at full sensitivity. Optional 12" coil available. 8" coil is standard. Last price found was AUD $279

According the online promotional material, the Gold Snoops are a standard detector which have (according to the available information) been adjusted to suit Australian mineralized soil. Supposedly, the manufacturer was sent a volume of Australian mineralized soil to act as a test bed ...and an Australian Gold Nugget (direct from Jack Lange himself) to allow for more extensive testing.

Re: Above Detector Incident... The story mentioned above in this thread gets a little darker in it's entirety than has been discussed here. As Jeff noted, it was probably a bad business decision which probably seemed like a good idea at the time. Look at all the people who get burned buying off Ebay these days! It's not like there's much more to be added that might vindicate his perspective. Therefore, I don't think that raising the issue with Jack is going to make his day since most of us know the story. Bringing his attention to this post won't change anything here at all. He has since retired and is now moving along with his life.

Cheers,

Marco
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:37 am

nero_design wrote:Re: Above Detector Incident... The story mentioned above in this thread gets a little darker in it's entirety than has been discussed here. As Jeff noted, it was probably a bad business decision which probably seemed like a good idea at the time. Look at all the people who get burned buying off Ebay these days! It's not like there's much more to be added that might vindicate his perspective. Therefore, I don't think that raising the issue with Jack is going to make his day since most of us know the story. Bringing his attention to this post won't change anything here at all. He has since retired and is now moving along with his life.

Cheers,

Marco

can't argue with that...well said

Back to top Go down

Post  MS Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:45 am

Thanks again for the advice from all in regard to my question, I have never used or seen the goldsnoop and the last thing I would like this post to do or say is anything negative towards Jack L , I have read for many years his stories in G&T and bought his videos and he has been of help to me and many others getting into prospecting and detecting for hobby or profit.
It's not for me to speak for or against a unit I have never seen or used and I didn't even know Jack had anything to do with the unit in question.
I do appreciate the help given for the purchase that I have now made.
Regards Mark
MS
MS
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Goldsnoop pro ? Empty Gold snoop?

Post  rc62burke Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:40 pm

Hi All
I have a question for Detrackozi (David), could you give a little more explanation about the mod's to the gold snoop & what sort of improvements they may give, I own a gold snoop, I believe that they are a good machine for the price, with my recent find 6oz I can afford to upgrade detectors Im looking @ the SD2200d that I found my first gold with, basic enough for technically challenged (like me ), I think the snoop would make a good pin pointer for the big holes ( wishfull thinking doesn't hurt) do you have an opinion on this.
cheers
Lee
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down