Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GPX 5000 with a 18"Nugget Finder Advantage Coil

5 posters

Go down

GPX 5000 with a 18"Nugget Finder Advantage Coil Empty GPX 5000 with a 18"Nugget Finder Advantage Coil

Post  Young TuT Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:58 am

I’ve been using my GPX 5000 with my 18” Nugget Finder Advantage Coil up here In the Pilbarra near Port
Hedland on the mornings while I’m detecting the Instability Is bearable but on the afternoons the Instability with ground noise and EMI is terrible. When I ground balance it come good just for a short time same with auto tuning then manual tuning.Ive tried running in fine gold and enhanced timings the settings I’ve been running in is Rear Control Panel (Volume Limit 10,Ground Balance Type FP, Fine Gold, Deep, Motion Very Slow ,Rx Gain 11, Audio Type Deep, Audio Tone 38,Stabilizer 10 , Signal Peak 19, Target Volume 8, Response Normal, Tracking Speed Slow, Front Control Panel Search Mode Deep, Soil/Timings Special Fine Gold, Coil Mono, Ground Balance Fixed B&Z Booster, Same settings when I’m in Enhanced timings as well

Young Tut
Young TuT
Young TuT
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-10-15

Back to top Go down

GPX 5000 with a 18"Nugget Finder Advantage Coil Empty Re: GPX 5000 with a 18"Nugget Finder Advantage Coil

Post  Goldbait Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:26 am

try backing your gain down to about 9 and your stabilizer to about 7.

i run this coil and have no problems at all.
Goldbait
Goldbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

GPX 5000 with a 18"Nugget Finder Advantage Coil Empty Re: GPX 5000 with a 18"Nugget Finder Advantage Coil

Post  deutran Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:44 am

Hi Young Tut
Try normal audio instead of deep audio.
Steve
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

GPX 5000 with a 18"Nugget Finder Advantage Coil Empty GPX 5000 with a 18"Nugget Finder Advantage Coil

Post  Young TuT Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:03 am

Thank you Goldbait and Steve Very Happy Very Happy

I will try both your settings I know its a good coil its light It swings well and I know there Is deep nuggets were we go. Another thing it was working a bit quieter when I used Fine Gold on the Special soil timings than Enhanced and I think it should be the other way round.Again I would like to thank you for taking time to write to me I've never detected with a big coil before because of the spinifex grass In the Pilbarra the biggest coil In my collection Is a 17"x11 Nugget finder Elliptical Advantage Mono.

Have a Great Day Young TuT
Young TuT
Young TuT
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan WA Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:52 pm

Is it a new coil? There were issues with coils made
before november last year on the 5000.

Alan
Alan WA
Alan WA
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Young TuT Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:54 pm

Hi Alan
Yes Its a new coil bought It off Reeds Prospecting down Perth and I haven,t had it long.

Have A Good Day Young TuT
Young TuT
Young TuT
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  dryblower Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:00 pm

Hi Young tut
I have recently had a 17 NF coil replaced under waranty because of touch sensitivity problems, and also a mate has had his 16 NF replaced.
Your problem sounds more EMI related , but as it might be a shielding issue, I would check it with Jeff at Reids .
On my 5000 only Sens smooth is quieter than Enhance , so that is odd !
When you are in Perth , east of Kallamunda on the Mundaring Weir road is quiet enough to check your coil on a storm free day
At this time of year I am finding I have to drop the gain and stabiliser well below FPs to reduce EMI with the 17NF.
DB

dryblower
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-12-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Young TuT Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:48 pm

Hi DB Very Happy
I am going to go out next week to the same place just to try the coil on a differant bit of ground and do a bit of a test with the settings that I have recieved off the good people on this forum.My brother knows a lot more on prospecting than I do so he Is going to give me a hand In trying to sought the problem out. Before I phone Reeds to see If anybody else has complained about the same problems on the 18" Nugget Finder Coil. To be honest It could be me and the settings Im using, but im not having this trouble with any of my other coils but they are not as large as the 18'Nugget Finder.

Have A Great Day Young TuT farao
Young TuT
Young TuT
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  dryblower Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:20 pm

Y TuT
Sounds like you are on the right track. As you and others have said the bigger coils will pick up a lot more EMI .
I am near Leonora and today had to back off both the gain and stabilizer to 7 and Motion to V Slow to stop the "pings " ( on a 17" NF )
It was a clear day but storms 100s of Kays away will effect a large Mono . From what I have heard the Pilbera is the worst place for this problem.
I know how much noise I am in for each day by how much crackle there is on a feint or detuned AM radio station !!!!!
Hope you get it sorted
DB

dryblower
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-12-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Young TuT Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:14 pm

Hi DB Very Happy
Yes you are right DB with the weather up here we do alot of Prospecting between Port Hedland and Newman.And when the Cyclone season starts you can forget about going out the electric in the air is unreal you cant Detect at all.Anyway hope you do well and find some big ones in Leonora takcare

Young TuT farao

Young TuT
Young TuT
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down