Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New E-Book - Preparing For Gold In WA by Tony Fogarty

+2
slugsbrother
tee_eff
6 posters

Go down

A New E-Book - Preparing For Gold In WA   by Tony Fogarty Empty A New E-Book - Preparing For Gold In WA by Tony Fogarty

Post  tee_eff Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:58 am

I have for sale, a book, about the preparation and planning a newbie prospector should consider undertaking before heading out into the West Australian Goldfields. Whether based in Perth or the non auriferous regions near the coast, the Eastern States, or anywhere in the world - there are many things to taken into account. It is available in PDF format delivered by post on CD.

The initial first draft was previewed by a number of forum memebers, who for their trouble I will be sending a final copy for their glovebox. The overall response was overwhelming positive, with many suggestions for adding info, and changing JPs surname (I don't know where I got Palmer from:) JP, you got an honourable mention, even though we have never communicated, as did Jack Lange. There were some that suggested I put in more pictures, but I really preferred this to be held as a reference book, not so much a travelogue, or pictorial. There are already many fine books with a ton of glossies featuring the WA goldfields, and I am really not going to compete with them. There are some, to break the monotony, and I added a mudmap and distance grid suggested by two members.

Thank you once more for your reviews, and I hope you like the final product.

If you would like to read a bit about what is in the book, you will find it at

http://www.prospecting-for-gold-in-wa.com.au

cheers Tony

PS Here is the Introduction to the book.

Preparing for Gold in W.A.
The things you need to do to find gold in W.A.

Introduction

Prospecting for Gold in WA. It’s fast becoming the preferred past time for more and more Australians, and overseas visitors, looking to fund their retirement, and see country Western Australia. And why wouldn’t you? WA takes up a third of the Australian continent, and has predominantly uninhabited expanses the likes of which exist nowhere else in the world. Sure it gets a tad warm in summer and you could get blown away by the mother of all willy-willys. But in winter, the weather is brilliant with only the occasional cloud or rain, and as spring comes in, the wildflowers are absolutely spectacular.
The cooler late autumn, winter and early spring months also see a mass influx of grey nomads from the Eastern States and WA’s southern regions into the West Australian goldfields. I may sound a little parochial referring to visitors from the east as generic Easter Staters, but don’t be offended, it’s just quicker than typing in all the other states and territories by name  .
I know the local shop and caravan park owners around the goldfields are happy to see you and why not, with the price of gold teasing us as it chases $2,000 an ounce in US AND Aussie dollars, it is nice of visitors to spread it around a bit.
If you have never been to WA before as a prospector, there are probably a few things you may be a little shy on. Have you met Tengraph®? Have you sussed out accommodation, somewhere to hitch your caravan, or somewhere to refill your fridges – both of them. Have you done the trip, and thought a bit of prospecting before you head for Darwin or Adelaide, might be nice? Are you up on Mining Law and the WA version of a Miner’s Right? Where will you go if you blow a coil, lose a coil, want to buy a coil? Will your mobile work? (Probably not  ) Can you get potable water? What does potable mean?
This is not a ‘how to use your metal detector’ manual. There are books and DVDs aplenty on WA, on gold prospecting, on caravanning and camping, on mining in WA, on metal detectors – which is best – how to use them and more. And there are lots of websites too, but none that really put it all together in one neat little package.
This is a neat little package I have put together based on my own experiences, and those of other new and not so new prospectors. There are the legal issues, where can we prospect? Where can I camp or find a caravan park? Where can I find a super market? What kind of gear will I need and where can I find spares for my detector? What if I don’t own a detector? This book is about – the other stuff, or P.P. P. P. P.
Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Prospecting. I may have taken a little license with this popular saying, but the essence is accurate. In anything we do, good solid preparation rarely results in less than a desirable outcome. And that outcome for us, is a bag full of gold!
Welcome to Western Australia’s goldfields, one of the world’s last, true frontiers, and I do hope you find what you came for.
What’s that? Where’s the gold? Ask any WA prospector and they will happily tell you - Where you find it of course!! There’s a ton or three been taken out of the West since the first settlers and explorers found their first slugs in the north of the state. And you’d reckon that with the number of abandoned mines both official and un-official, and the shows that are still being worked that there cannot be too much left. And when it comes to ‘specking’ the odd flash of gold when wandering around any of the old workings, or just wandering around, most of that would be gone too. But you’d be wrong. There are nuggets still being specked all over the state. Granted, they aren’t the 5, 10, 20, 500oz slugs they were tripping over in the early days, but on a sunny day....  (Since I wrote this, a 54oz and 60oz pair of nuggets were dug up near Nullagine: Minelab Times September 2011) 
Prospecting for gold in WA is a tradition, and sadly there are some that don’t quite get it right. There are rules. Not as tight as the other states maybe, but they are still there to be adhered to. There are things you may do, and things you may not do, and in this booklet, I hope to give you information that will see you well prepared.
Maybe you’ll pull a few nuggets that will enhance your gold prospecting adventure in Western Australia’s goldfields, from Halls Creek to Norseman and sooo much gold in between.
With this book, I want you to have enough local knowledge at hand in your glove box that you can make the very best of what gold prospecting in WA has to offer. Toward the end, I will include lists of resources and a summary of useful information, and point out a few books worth looking at.
Oh, and ‘potable’ means drinkable. 
©Tony Fogarty
September 2011

Last edited by tee_eff on Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:57 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : clarify that it is an E book, not a normal printed book)

tee_eff
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

A New E-Book - Preparing For Gold In WA   by Tony Fogarty Empty Re: A New E-Book - Preparing For Gold In WA by Tony Fogarty

Post  slugsbrother Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:31 am

Maybe I am blind but I cannot see anywhere on the site, or on the "order" page that tells me how much it is?
slugsbrother
slugsbrother
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

A New E-Book - Preparing For Gold In WA   by Tony Fogarty Empty A new book

Post  Bull Ant Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:11 am

Hi SB.
I suggest Glasses.
( So, ‘Preparing for Gold in WA’ PLUS your bonus for just $24.77 )

Sounds OK.
Cheers Phill.
Bull Ant
Bull Ant
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2010-12-31

Back to top Go down

A New E-Book - Preparing For Gold In WA   by Tony Fogarty Empty Re: A New E-Book - Preparing For Gold In WA by Tony Fogarty

Post  Brickie Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:14 am

slugsbrother wrote:Maybe I am blind but I cannot see anywhere on the site, or on the "order" page that tells me how much it is?

You have to click a link on the intro page, which takes you here.
http://www.prospecting-for-gold-in-wa.com.au/index.php?pr=Sales_Letter

May I suggest Tee eff that you ditch the intro page and go straight to the important bit.
Brickie
Brickie
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2011-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post  slugsbrother Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:27 am

Bull Ant wrote:Hi SB.
I suggest Glasses.
( So, ‘Preparing for Gold in WA’ PLUS your bonus for just $24.77 )

Sounds OK.
Cheers Phill.

Yeah maybe I do need glasses lol. But I was not looking on the front page, I expected that the actual order page would have the price.

slugsbrother
slugsbrother
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

A New E-Book - Preparing For Gold In WA   by Tony Fogarty Empty Yeah I agree.....

Post  tee_eff Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:11 pm

You are rigfht, the Order page should have the price Rolling Eyes
...I have fixed it now.

Thanks for pointing it out.

tony

tee_eff
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:36 pm

G'day Tony

Good to see you have finished your book and its ready for sale, it'll be a very useful bit of kit.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  tee_eff Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:41 am

Cheers Dave

Its slowly being taken up, a couple of prospecting/detector shops have put it on their shelf
just to test the market, both here in WA, and one in Mudgee has shown interest. Smile

Tony study

tee_eff
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:54 am

hey tee_eff, i hope it sells well as it's a good little helper for those like me that havn't been there befor, have you asked coiltek in maryborough to see if the can stock it in there shop?
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  brett0004 Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:09 pm

Just ordered a copy,

brett0004
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  tee_eff Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:47 am

Not yet Stoppsy,

Just got some in two detector stores in Midland, and the one in Laverton, and one in Mudgee on the east coast.
Taking baby steps.

and cheers brett.

tee_eff

tee_eff
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  harryopal Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:15 pm

Good afternoon Tee Eff,

I just completed a Paypal transaction. The page did not indicate post so you can email me a separate invoice if necessary. Otherwise what is ETA for Townsville?

Yours tropically, Harry

harryopal
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2010-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  tee_eff Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:24 pm

Gday Harry..

Your ebook is with Australia Post, so hopefully you should
get it by Wednesday or Thursday I guess, not really
sure how long from Perth to Townsville. Smile

tee_eff
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

A New E-Book - Preparing For Gold In WA   by Tony Fogarty Empty Preparing-for-gold-in-wa

Post  tee_eff Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:11 pm

Hi guys,

My book is selling, slowly, but surely. I have had nothing but positive feedback from
folk that have bought it thru ebay, and from forum members and folk that have come
across my website. I appreciate any feedback I get, cos I want this to be as close
to 100% accurate as I can get it.

If you have not seen it, my website is at http://www.prospecting-for-gold-in-wa.com.au
The ebook is about preparation and planning, and giving a heads-up to prospectors
coming in from interstate, and overseas.

If you have bought it already, and have any feedback, please drop me an email to
tony@prospecting-for-gold-in-wa.com.au

cheers..tony Smile

tee_eff
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down