Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CFMoto quads

Go down

CFMoto quads Empty CFMoto quads

Post  harrysheroes Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:20 am

Hi ,
I know i have asked a question on quads before but does anyone have experience with CF Moto quads i am looking at the x lander 600
Looks good, The only other one i am looking at is the Yamaha grizzly 450 or 550 EPS

Cheers Marty
harrysheroes
harrysheroes
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2010-10-31

Back to top Go down

CFMoto quads Empty RE: cf motto

Post  Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:21 am

Hi Harry

The CF Motto are a very good budget brand. Well built and 2 year warrantee- auto and 4x4 on command.
the electronics will interfere with the detector --depending on your application. 600 is fuel injected ?
double seat-pull starter-12v socket-great bike. 330kgs-tow bar-winch etc
If u r only goin to prospect with it then it will outlast your model of detector. about $7k retail.

Regards
Oneday69

Back to top Go down

CFMoto quads Empty Re: CFMoto quads

Post  Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:22 pm

I know nothing about the CF Moto brand, the fact that they are a Chinese vehicle of some description speaks volumes. If you can afford, or can wait off until you have the money (if I were you) I'd definitely be going with the offerings from a reputable Japanese manufacturer like Yamaha, Honda or Kawasaki. You'll get reliability and a quality built product that will have good resale value too. If you're going to remote, desolate locations your life may well depend on the reliability of your vehicle and in instances like this I'd never risk it with something out of China.

I recently owned a Chinese made motorised kayak and the b**tard thing nearly killed me on the high seas when it went up in flames!

This is it in happier times before an electrical fault spelled its doom.

Back to top Go down

CFMoto quads Empty re: cf moto

Post  Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:42 pm

byteman--as far as cf moto go they are excellent machines--maybe u need to do some homework on honda and yamaha engines-cfmoto have just as good resale value as any other branded machine only half the retail cost.97% of passenger and truck tyres r made in china--hello--maybe u dont go to Kmart--most of the gear in there is chinese..Harvey Norman--don't know what isnt chineses comes with warrentee
There r good chinese manufacturers and some dodgy--sounds like u didnt do your homework and got a dodgy one.
With a 2 year warrantee you make up your own mind...i wouldn't give a 2 year warrantee if the machine was goin to come back and bite me on the ass.

Regards
Oneday69

Back to top Go down

Post  harrysheroes Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:07 pm

Thanks for the info, Hey oneday69 you sound like you know these machines is there much benefit in buying the x lander 600 over the 500 over the base 500a model, I know the 600 has the fuel injection and alloy wishbones , Do you reckon its the better buy of the 3 ,
It will be used to wander out from base camp in remote areas climbing hills getting thru mud when required creeks etc.
Do you happen to sell them?
cheers
Marty
harrysheroes
harrysheroes
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

CFMoto quads Empty Re:cf moto

Post  Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:00 pm

Hi Marty
Yeah I do sell them amoungst trailers,tyres and vehicle servicing.
For value for money the base model 500 with a single seat, steel rims, no winch, is excellent value for money and they have full warrantee. About $4700
The new model 500 has a digital set of gauges, carby and all the fruit and a double seat which I find very handy when u find a female hitch hiker out in the bush... lol! About $6500
The 600 has all the fruit plus fuel injection and a bit more grunt. $7500
I am not sure of the country u want to detect but u wouldnt use a winch in the pilbara. If there is a hint of rain stay home.
Personally i use a yamy 350 4x4 timberwolf which I bought at auction befor the motos were out and it was cheap and done it up.
When I want to upgrade I would have no hesitation in buying a 600.
If I was prospecting by myself then the base 500 would b a good buy if u want a new bike.
hope this helps

Regards
Oneday69

Back to top Go down

Post  harrysheroes Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:50 pm

Thanks oneday69 the quad will be used all around the pilbara, out Rocklea,ashburton, marble bar out back of Milly Milly over the next few years then we will take it all around other goldfields. Need the second seat cause i reckon the missus would give a hitch hiker the evil stare!!
Sounds like i could use the 600 for a bit of fun as well.
Where is your shop as when im ready to buy it sounds like buying in karatha could save a big perth trip.

Cheers Marty
harrysheroes
harrysheroes
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum