Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am going to work on a property near Marble Bar. Detector in bag first.

+3
piston broke
Bullet
shelby23
7 posters

Go down

I am going to work on a property near Marble Bar.  Detector in bag first. Empty I am going to work on a property near Marble Bar. Detector in bag first.

Post  shelby23 Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:16 pm

Hi
I am flying over to Port Headland W.A. from Brisbane to start work on a 12,000ac property a few Kms out of Marble Bar next week.
I have never been to WA before but I read all the posts on this site about WA.
Now I will see it first hand and give the GPX 4500 a good work out, while I am there.
The Owner told me there are a few gold mines on the property and the river there has great spots for finding gold.
I will have a few stories to follow.
I will video my gold finds and post them on this site as they happen.
I am very excited about this trip over to WA.
I turned 50 a few days ago and it is time to go in a new direction for the next 50 years.
Shelby23
Regards Neale

shelby23
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 685
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back to top Go down

I am going to work on a property near Marble Bar.  Detector in bag first. Empty Re: I am going to work on a property near Marble Bar. Detector in bag first.

Post  Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:21 pm

How good is that m8, working right where you can go detecting, thats magic, good luck, and keen to see you vids and pics etc.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

I am going to work on a property near Marble Bar.  Detector in bag first. Empty Re: I am going to work on a property near Marble Bar. Detector in bag first.

Post  Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:56 pm

Gday Shelby 23,
Can i hide in your suitcase Wink
Sounds like a prospectors dream mate. Good luck Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Bullet Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:01 pm

G'day shelby,

and the heat at marble bar will give you a work out too. Very Happy
It's not known as being a cool place to be, best of luck and have fun, find heaps of GOLD.

cheers
bullet
Bullet
Bullet
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  piston broke Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:07 pm

Have a great time Shelby. cheers Pete.
piston broke
piston broke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1633
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:27 pm

Good luck on your dream job location.
Hope you find plenty of yellow Very Happy
Cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Flakmagnet Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:47 am

best of luck, it sounds like a great opportunity.

http://www.arcticheatusa.com/cooling_vests.pdf
(not a commercial, just a thought)
Flakmagnet
Flakmagnet
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 399
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post  shelby23 Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:03 am

Hi
I think I will need the ice jacket thank you Flakmagnet for the information on that.
I will need larger suit cases to fit everyone in who wants to come with me lol.
R%egards Neale

shelby23
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:06 pm

shelby23 wrote:
I turned 50 a few days ago and it is time to go in a new direction for the next 50 years.
Shelby23
Regards Neale

sounds like a plan Neale Very Happy
hope you do well
cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  CostasDee Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:54 pm

Sounds like the stuff dreams are made of. Work and play all at the same place.... cheers
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:59 pm

Marble bar,
Great spot, not in middle of summer though.
About 15km's out of marble bar is where we found our first oz of gold, ( 19 pieces) took about 5 days. Was first flace we found gold as newbys and with 4500. BIG learning curve how to use machine.
still have it put aside, not for sale.
Enjoy your new lifestyle
travelergold

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:51 pm

G'day Shelby23.

Marble Bar hey,hmm.It's hard going anywhere these days but the district surrounding Marble Bar has been known for some huge whoppers in the past.I don't know how you'd handle the temperature though,for its been known to fry an egg on stone in summer.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:54 pm

Good Luck Shelby

Back to top Go down

Post  shelby23 Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:27 pm

Hi
It looks like I will have alot to do with most of Cattle Properties and Stations in the Marble Bar area.
So I will have some good contact while I am there.
Regards Neale

shelby23
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  shelby23 Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:08 pm

Hi
There has been a lot of grader work and Bull Dozer work going on and more to come,, I will have to check out every square inch of the new work for Quartz,, I mean Quality control.
Its going to be a rough job but someone has to do it. lol
Regards Neale

shelby23
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Bullet Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:20 pm

shelby, if you get the chance, walk behind the grader. When ya hit the target, borrow the dozer and dig deep Laughing
I'm not kidding about the grader, the dozer might be a problem.

cheers
bullet
Bullet
Bullet
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  shelby23 Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:25 pm

Yes
If I keep bragging people will want me in frount of the Grader,, and say dig him Deeeep lo lol

shelby23
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Bullet Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:42 pm

when I first took up this silly game of waving a magic wand, up Leonora & Laverton way, I was told the grader operators for the local shires would have the wifes or girlfriends walk behind or they would do a stretch and then walk it themselves. When I saw the old road between Leonora and Agnew I started believing it.
It's always worth a chance but ya might have to fight the grader operator to see who gets in first. lol!
Bullet
Bullet
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:10 pm

Good luck to you and hope you find heaps. Have lived and worked on cattle stations around that area. 48 degrees in the shade a lot of days. If you make it past February, you've really made it! Take lots of water and a hat wherever you go....the storms from December on are absolutely fantastic to watch! Beautiful country (specially for a photographer) and lots of gold still being found there.....Best of luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ironstone Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:39 am

Hey Neale,
Best of luck in marble bar,catch you up again when you get back.
Ironstone (Garry)
Ironstone
Ironstone
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2011-03-29

Back to top Go down