Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

14" DD Elite coil

4 posters

Go down

14" DD Elite coil Empty 14" DD Elite coil

Post  Newhunter Fri May 08, 2009 4:52 pm

Has anyone used the Coiltek 14" DD Elite coil on the GPX 4000.

Newhunter
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

14" DD Elite coil Empty Re: 14" DD Elite coil

Post  Beer Beeper Sun May 10, 2009 4:42 am

I heard the Elite DD has no added preformance over the Pro DD's on the GPX machines only added performance on the SD and GP units. Otherwise I cannot give you any feedback as I do not own one. I use to own the old 14" CoilTek DD before the Pro DD's came out and loved it as my main coil on my 2200. Now I run a NuggetFinder 20" XP DD which is a top coil. NF has stopped making all XP DD coils as GPX machines have a built in phase switch thus XP's are no longer needed and they were also more labour intensive and harder to make than regular DD's. I did hear that NF is coming out with new Advantage DD's and CoilTek is coming out with a new line of lightweight GoldStalker DD coils soon also. So DD's are NOT history and a dinasour fossel relic. They still have their purpose for certain situations that a MONO cannot handle the mineralization with too much noise.

Beer Beeper
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Back to top Go down

14" DD Elite coil Empty DD pro elite

Post  Guest Mon May 11, 2009 9:40 pm

Newhunter, Im using a 14" dd elite on my 3000 and have to admit there is a slight improvement from the old DD pro. I"ll ask around and see if anybody I know is using one on their 4000 or 4500. Soon as I find out I"ii post it for you.

Back to top Go down

Post  Newhunter Mon May 11, 2009 10:15 pm

Thanks l have just got a new Elite coil but am thinking of buying a s/hand 4000 but not sure if the elite is any good on the 4000 l might have to sell it and havent used it yet. dam

Newhunter
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Beer Beeper Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 am

http://www.docsdetecting.com/docsplace/coiltek/coils1.html

Skippy

cl-14 Mono $520
DD Salt $528
NEW DD Pro Elite
Beige in color performs best on GP3500 and below.

The DD PRO and DD Pro
Elite show no difference
in performance on the GP4000 or GP4500

cl-14de RETAIL $544

RETAIL $544
Sale $470
DD PRO ELITE BEIGE
GP3500 & Below

14 inch round
Our most popular coil, great coverage and depth in a coil that weighs only 2 lbs.

cl-14 - Mono Sale $439
DD or Salt Sale $456

I have a GP 3000 that DOES need DD's sometimes, but from the sounds of things DD's are no longer needed for use on the GPX machines. OR is there a use for DD's on GPX machines sometimes??

Beer Beeper
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

14" DD Elite coil Empty 14" dd pro elite

Post  ghunting Fri May 22, 2009 9:36 am

Hello newhunter don't dump that coil just yet,that coil as been my experience with it has shown more performance than the coiltek 11x17 dd pro on my3500, 4000 and my 4500...I have not been able to find a real review for that 14" coil as yet and know of no one who has reviewed it on the 4000 or the 4500...It is always I don't have one but I heard this and that..( no reflection on beer beeper post ) Even the coiltek dealers I don't believe have given that coil a fair chance or has done an extensive review on that coil but someone is missing the boat...

That coil both the mono and the dd side is a very sensitive coil as a whole the dd side discriminates better than the 11x17 dd pro...that 14" on my machines the 3500,4000,and 4500 runs smooth and has found a lot of gold...

The coil pinpoints really well...It's a very lite coil for its size...This is not intended to be a review,but I have hunted 40 years and I know what works for me....Give it a chance I'm sure you will not be disappointed if you tune your machine to that coil...
gary

ghunting

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-05-22

Back to top Go down

14" DD Elite coil Empty 14" dd elite

Post  Guest Sat May 23, 2009 5:47 pm

I had a pro elite which i used on an extreme, and i wish i had kept the coil instead of trading it with the extreme,, the depth i used to get with it was mad,, i have a 4000 with a coiltek 16" round (which isnt really 16" i think its closer to 15") and dont get anywhere as much depth,, though i am still learning the 4000, It was rubbish but this is how well it went, i once i dug half a size 10 fishook and it was between 30 -40 cm, deep,, and now as i can get close to power lines with the 4000 (work directly underneath) i wish i kept it to use

Back to top Go down

Post  Beer Beeper Sun May 24, 2009 9:18 am

"I had a pro elite which i used on an extreme, and i wish i had kept the coil instead of trading it with the extreme,, the depth i used to get with it was mad,, i have a 4000 with a coiltek 16" round (which isnt really 16" i think its closer to 15") and dont get anywhere as much depth,..."

That's amazing nuggetman, the CoilTek GoldStalker round 16 Mono is actually 15.5". So you got better depth with the CoilTek Pro Elite round 14" DD over the 15.5" Mono?? Your 14" DD beat the 15.5" Mono in depth. That is what Marco Nero had been trying to say that the DD's sometimes punch deeper than Mono's depending on the soil. He had an explaination I forgot exactly what it was, something about the Mono's reflect the force field where the DD will punch through it in certain soils.

The general consencious is ususally that Mono's punch (about +20% was one figure I heard) deeper than the same size DD's. But that maybe not so true. Both NF Advantage and CT GoldStalker are coming out with a brand NEW line of DD's soon I heard. Maybe they will replace all the Mono's in this Monomania we are in at the present, heheha!

Yes the new GPX machines are suppose to handle EMI and also maybe powerlines better than the GP and SD machines.

For working directly under powerlines, an older CoilTek Anti-Interference(Salt) coil will work, a NuggetFinder XP DD in XP Mode and Mono Mode, or a DD in Cancel Mode. I do not know of those three options, which one works the best??

Beer Beeper
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

14" DD Elite coil Empty re 14"dd pro elite

Post  Guest Sun May 24, 2009 2:53 pm

Hi beer beeper
When i,m working near power lines with the 4000 i use the standard 11"coil, (as i sold my 14" dd elite sob sob), with the gain turned up as much as i can and turn the boost up, run it in cancel, deep mode, normal timing, fixed, cancel & motion to slow, i started doing it as there are a lot of old diggings with power lines running through them and i thought i would clean up,, haha, all i,ve done is get more rubbish,, where i got more depth with the pro elite was at eagle eagle, Ive used the 16 ct at hillend around gulgong, hargraves, home rule and havent got as much depth with it. and yes i,ve heard that ct are making the new dd same shape / wieght as the ct elipticals and want to give one a go when they come out,, cheers

Back to top Go down

14" DD Elite coil Empty 14" DD Elite Pro

Post  Hotrocks Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:44 am

A great deal of opinions on various coils are covered in this old thread, very good comments for those looking for maybe a coil change on the GPX 5000.

Hotrocks
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down