Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strange finds from the past

+8
Razgo
Serendipity
twobit
nero_design
xenon
Tributer
GoldstalkerGPX
maka
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Strange finds from the past Empty Strange finds from the past

Post  maka Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:41 pm

http://www.6000years.org/frame.php?page=stuff_in_coal
maka
maka
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 626
Registration date : 2011-06-28

Back to top Go down

Strange finds from the past Empty Re: Strange finds from the past

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:56 pm

Great read Maka, It really makes ya wonder how and why ay! Maybe man has been more advanced in the past than what we are now and for various reasons all (most) evidence of that is now gone.

Finds all of the time that out date the thought time span of human existance is uncovered....

GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:35 pm

There's no evidence at all for that modern looking hammer with the suspiciously modern wood handle being anything more than an artificially aged mockup - It says "A team of archaeologists checked it, and as it turns out, the rock encasing the hammer was dated back more than 400 million year; the hammer itself turned out to be more than 500 million years old." Where's the reference or footnotes to archeologist reports and their dating credentials? it's nothing more than an unsubstantiated claim.

The website is entirely suspect to me with odd statements like -
"If burning oil is "bad for the planet", why did God provide so much of it, so readily available for us?" That's like saying that if killing people is so bad, then why did God give us the knowhow to make bullets and bombs. Any of us could set up a similar website making any barking mad claims we liked without any proof like these folk have done. Then we could ask people to "please explain"... Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  maka Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:43 pm

Nice vid. Lmao at the teachers and lecturers. All teaching history thats wong, And a guy who probably cant read or write finds the greatest discovery of all time...
I would love to run the extreme over that place for a few weeks, ..
maka
maka
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  maka Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:53 pm

I can see this opening up a can of worms..
I would love to work on a coal face just to see the fossils. I have a few small fossils from coal i found on the side of the road, and the side of the rail way tracks not far from Brisbane.
Also fossils from sandstone from rock delivered to my house to build a retaining wall from a quarry.
Do you think a giant coal mining company would shut down operations to get archaeologists in to slowly uncover dinosaur bones or any relics?
Considering farmers bulldoze bora rings on many properties here in OZ, just so they dont lose their land..
Maybe they are all hoaxes?. Maybe every ice age only a few survive and civilization starts all over again with only a few left, doing it tuff with no electricity etc.
Only one thing is for certain, we are leaving enough plastic to keep the next few hundred generations of archaeologists in a job...
Its still nice to dream about finding some relics, and knowing for certain its not a hoax...
maka
maka
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Tributer Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:58 pm

A website for ignorant people. Can't stand fradulent claims of age with no dating reference, method, lab who did the date etc.
Tributer
Tributer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1006
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:10 pm

Maka, You may also enjoy this site...HERE
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:22 pm

Tributer wrote:A website for ignorant people. Can't stand fradulent claims of age with no dating reference, method, lab who did the date etc.

Tributer, here from another website tells you who carried out tests on this hammer......

Detailed research was carried out independently of one another by two different institutes. John Mackay, Director of Australia's "Creation Science Foundation", analyzed the hammer thoroughly during his visit to the United States.

A number of Australian metallurgists, as well as those working at the respected metallurgic Institute "Batelle Memorial Laboratory" in Columbus, Ohio (USA), took part in these analyses.

Sophisticated electron microscopes served to examine the structure and composition of the steel the hammerhead was made of.

The results of the examinations were as mysterious as they were bewildering. The hammerhead, chemically speaking, consisted of 96.6 % iron, 2.6 % chlorine, and 0.74 sulphur. Incredibly, this material is almost entirely solid iron!

The above taken from HERE
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  maka Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:33 pm

At the risk of being labeled "ignorant" ( sorry i have no diplomas) here's another interesting link.
http://ancientx.com/nm/anmviewer.asp?a=75
Maybe this isnt the right forum for these links as they arent gold related,but i just thought they were interesting to anyone with a detector, or anyone who plays in the dirt..
maka
maka
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:38 pm

Awesome stuff Maka, If this is the wrong place for these posts can you point me to the right place Laughing Twisted Evil

I was trying to find some info on the 'The Antikythera Mechanism' just tonight. Thanks
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Tributer Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:37 pm

Hi, i have no problem with the posts. Its just my view. They are a good laugh.
Tributer
Tributer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1006
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  xenon Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:12 am

It was aliens that put them there.........
xenon
xenon
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  maka Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:46 am

Off to watch re runs of the X files, Back soon...
maka
maka
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:30 am

Perhaps this might interest you. This "Swiss Stamped Watch Ring" was found in a 400 year old Chinese Tomb by Archeologists. An article on this find was published in all major newspapers a few years ago (including the Sydney Morning Herald).

Strange finds from the past 1462087

Plenty of stories and photograph of things like these found from time to time. Occasionally an explanation presents itself but not always.

http://newsflavor.com/world/asia/swiss-watch-found-in-400-year-old-tomb/
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2081
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:05 pm

Hi

Ok so im no scientist or a archeologist but this is my two bobs worth...... Razz

photo of the hammer
Strange finds from the past Hammer

My sone found this pocket knife on a sth oz 1868 diggings last year, and it clearly shows the same cemented ironstone
encrusted on the knife
Strange finds from the past DSC01201
Strange finds from the past DSC01207
Strange finds from the past DSC01198
Strange finds from the past DSC01208
Strange finds from the past DSC01204

So......... Maybe the encrustation was 400 million yrs old by date,but that will be the date that the encrustation minerals where created on the earth, not the date that the hammer was created or lost by its user...

These are 2 old Railway hammers used to drive in the spikes

Strange finds from the past Hammer2
Strange finds from the past Hammer3

Science....... yet again..... WRONG!

I rest my case....

Pete in WA Cool

BTW, i used the age old art of "Scooby Doo" to crack this case Razz Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:43 pm

IT'S A MIRACLE! Another 400 million year old relic, a pocket knife found by an Australian boy in 500 million year stone!

Please explain maka. Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:48 pm

SuchIsLife wrote:IT'S A MIRACLE! Another 400 million year old relic, a pocket knife found by an Australian boy in 500 million year stone!

Please explain maka. Shocked

I was expecting a negative comment from you too, not much positive feedback ever comes from you does it SIL, you remind me of a member that was very similar with wording and replies and left the forum and low and behold you come along just a day or two later....could it be???? now explain that!!

How is one to explain any of the things posted above when the scientists and experts can't, I'm glad there are many un-explained things that go in in this world, or it would be pretty boring now wouldn't it.
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:36 pm

GoldstalkerGPX and beepinpete, confused you guys are weirding me out.

You've obviously been on this forum longer than me, maybe you're being a bit territorial and intolerant? This is my first go at any forum, and I'll probably keep away from them in the future. Differences of opinion seem to cause tension and that's probably why most members keep their mouths shut. That being said, I've learned heaps from members here and appreciate that. There you go, you needn't worry about any more 'negative' comments from me. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:47 pm

Frightfully sorry old chap, one didnt mean to "weird" confused you out..

no offence was intended nor taken i hope..

Pete in WA Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  twobit Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:16 pm

heres my thought.
The hammer looks like slag from the days when they made railway anchors via a boiler and blacksmith setup along the tracks.
I have seen this stuff all over the place especially at cement mills limestone quarry. there are dogspikes in ironstone there along with bits of broken or cutoff rail.
In the days of the old railways they had a big operation following them , blacksmiths ect ect.
Now a cooling product was sandstone crushed or other types of porous material so the over fill of the slag would pour out onto the ground mixing with the items that were around , hammers pocket knives so on.
Hence dating of the product would be actually be the carbon readings of the older rock or the porous material that gives of the carbon before the iron will giving it a date.

middle of page is a large lump that i could find to sort of prove the japanese, chinese used this as those guys built a lot of railroads all over the world.
Great find though Maka really makes you think all the wierd stuff in the world cept i want to find a rock like that with a big lump of gold in it hhehe

btw its just my guess i may be totally wrong

oops cant post links for 7 days for new members

twobit
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:33 pm

Twobit, looking forward to reading some of your links, not sure why you would have to wait though? (have you tried just to copy and paste from the address bar? that's what I do)

That hammer still astounds me, considering the composition of steel far superior of what we could even make by todays standards, the fact that the handle is petrified timber, the fact that the steel has not rusted since first testing and the fact that it was discovered in 1938, not even going to try and comprehend the stone that encases it.

If this interests you have a read through some of the other findings throughout the world that baffles scientists..... http://s8int.com/index.html pages and pages of great reading.

Cheers
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  twobit Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:44 pm

Yeah cant seem to do links until my trial period or such is over.
Heres an extrct on a patent for petrifing wood-
The chemicals and salts you see here are also used in smelting the creation of different tempers and the fabrication process of some moulds and depending what handle it was may also attribut to the process.

However, priority for the discovery of a 'recipe' for petrification of wood must go to Hamilton Hicks of Greenwich, Connecticut (USA), who on September 16, 1986 was issued with US Patent Number 4,612,050.2 According to Hicks, his chemical 'cocktail' of sodium silicate (commonly known as 'water glass'), natural spring or volcanic mineral water having a high content of calcium, magnesium, manganese, and other metal salts, and citric or malic acid is capable of rapidly petrifying wood. But in case you want to try this 'recipe,' you need to know that for artificial petrification to occur there is some special technique for mixing these components in the correct proportions to get an 'incipient' gel condition.

Hicks wrote:

'When applied to wood, the solution penetrates the wood. The mineral water and sodium silicate are relatively proportioned so the solution is a liquid of stable viscosity and is acidified to the incipient jelling [gelling] condition to a degree causing jelling [gelling] after penetrating the wood, but not prior thereto. That is to say, the solution can be stored and shipped, but after application to the wood, jells [gels] in the wood. When its content is high enough, the penetrated wood acquires the characteristics of petrified wood. The wood can no longer be made to burn even when exposed to moisture or high humidity, for a prolonged period of time. The apparent petrification is obtained quickly by drying the wood.'3

twobit
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:03 am

Gday

I suppose you have to consider the age of the earth, compared to the known history of human life on it, you would have to conclude that if the earth was billions of years old and humans have only been known to have lived for thousands of years then it is entirely possible that there have been previous civilisations living here that we dont know about and that almost all trace of them has turned to dust.

It does not take that many years for nature to destroy man made structures, I watched a documentary on Chenobyl (think thats how its spelt) in Russia, the town where the reactor melted down, there are researchers watching the town and they were showing how nature has taken over the town and how quickly its reverting back to nature, the only thing that normally stops this is when people live in a place and carry out maintenence to curb the destructive forces of nature, another hundred years or so and there will be little or nothing to see.

Any structures that are built the way we build them nowadays, left unattended would fall apart and return to dust in a couple of hundred years, so it makes sense that in the scheme of things civilsations that may have existed pre known ones would have left nothing that would be easily found, but if items were incased in say some kind of mud that evolved into stone its no different than any fossils that are found today, these give us a peek back into history, and as carbon dating could possibly be a flawed method for determining the age of an item we have to either conclude that the item is either genuine or it is not, this could be more of an educated guess than a proven fact I would think, but this hammer being a relic from a long way back in the past is not out of the realms of possibility, it could simply just pre date what we currently know and accept as fact.

If you look at the way the pyrimids were built and then look at the level of civisation of the Egyptians then its hard not to consider that they would not have the level of technology to build them, so with that in mind you could only come to the conclusion that the pyramids pre dated them and they simply inherited them from an earlier and much more advanced culture, I think that a more likely scenario than the one that says the Egyptians built them, when we cant achieve the same results with all our skills and equipment even now.

food for thought

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Post  Serendipity Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:24 am

A quick google search finds many web sites that can dispute the claims of an ancient hammer found in stone. Apparently the owner of the hammer (Carl Baugh) also has many other creationist claims that have been proven false as well.

This hammer is well reported on the internet and known as "London fossilized hammer" as it was found just outside of the town of London in Texas. Do a google search on the name.

http://epicidiot.com/evo_cre/carl_baugh.htm

This website clearly lays out how it is false and provides evidence, cites authors names, dates, and other references you can look up.

Still makes a good story and interesting read but even common sense tells us it is not real.

Cheers

Serendipity

Serendipity
Serendipity
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:39 pm

I'm with Stayyer on this, Not sure about the pyramids but when I was 7 years old, I went with my folks to check them out and on the Sphinx there was a repair near it's bum that was done by some Pharaoh about 4000 years ago. The erosion on this part was about 3 mils deep and on the rest near that spot it was at least 3 ft. So somethings going on there.
The whole concept Stayyer is putting forward is sound. We assume the universe is 14 bill years old, but like our predecessors we only have the data that is currently available to us. Just as they concluded it was 6000 years old or whatever, current thinking could be way way out. If you look at galaxies and there state of balance, then visualize in your mind how many rotations it might take for them all to get that way and how long each one rotation takes, then it just doesn't add up.
So in that possibly long long history, anything could have happened!
Ask me again in about a thousand years sunny

Back to top Go down

Post  Razgo Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:53 pm

another theory is time travel. they could have dropped their hammer and watch before returning.......

Last edited by Razgo on Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Razgo
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2010-11-04

http://www.medicalpricewatch.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Post  maka Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:04 pm

Are we bending space and time now? Lol. Great thread as far as food for thought goes, This debate could go on for a thousand years. LMAO
maka
maka
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Razgo Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:25 pm

it reminded me of the sci fi movie called timeline with Billy Connolly in it. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0300556/

Razgo
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2010-11-04

http://www.medicalpricewatch.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Strange finds from the past Empty Please explain(Hi Pauline)

Post  blueyonder Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:45 pm

Didn't one of the gods create the earth? Obviously the big fella lost one of his tools after chugging down a few well earned long-necks on the seventh day! There is probably some cryptic reference in the bible to a missing hammer on his tool shadow board in his shed..Bless..Dave

blueyonder
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2010-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Geronimo Reilly Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:57 pm

blueyonder wrote:Didn't one of the gods create the earth? Obviously the big fella lost one of his tools after chugging down a few well earned long-necks on the seventh day! There is probably some cryptic reference in the bible to a missing hammer on his tool shadow board in his shed..Bless..Dave
Great post Blueyonder lol! can't stop laughing. lol!
And this guy John Macay from "Creation science foundation" analising the hammer "thoroughly" should help us all feel better. He also would appreciate it if we would just accept that dinasaurs roamed around wih us humans 6000 yrs. ago. I think he also drank too many of those long - necks.
I love the swiss watch story, looks like the chinese were already pumping out cheap fakes 400yrs ago lol!
Keep 'em comming folks.
Slainte, Geronimo.
Geronimo Reilly
Geronimo Reilly
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2011-05-10

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next