Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4500 on gumtree

5 posters

Go down

4500 on gumtree Empty 4500 on gumtree

Post  GoldTone Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:48 am

Hiya yall.

4500 on gumtree for $3300...Scam or bargain?

This seems to good to be true (no phone number), and as I can't afford it I'll see if anyone wants to do the leg work and find out about the seller and item...

Heres the link...http://vic.gumtree.com.au/c-Stuff-for-Sale-computers-software-other-computers-software-2-years-old-minelab-4500-detector-W0QQAdIdZ298379274

Says he's got a 5000 as well...
Hope someone finds this as a bargain!!! cheers
GT
GoldTone
GoldTone
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2011-04-19

Back to top Go down

4500 on gumtree Empty Re: 4500 on gumtree

Post  Nature_Pete Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:57 pm

Hi GoldTone,

I have to say that that is bloody cheap! Shocked Detector, 4 coils and accessories for $3300, it does seem a bit .... Suspect Suspect

But I guess if a member was looking to buy it, the serial No. is in the ad so a quick call to minelab and Crimestoppers to make sure that it's all above board and give a little piece of mind, then cash on pick up to confirm serial No. etc.

It's a red hot deal.

Nature Pete. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Nature_Pete
Nature_Pete
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2011-03-09

Back to top Go down

4500 on gumtree Empty 4500 on Gumtree

Post  Grandfather Johnson Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:24 pm

There was a 4500 on G/T about two weeks ago for $2300,I emailed asking for Serial No. and to go and inspect it,his reply was he had now moved to the UK and i could still do the deal through some broker in Melbourne.I replied by calling him a ripoff or words of that affect,He never answered back.
Over the last 6 or 8 weeks i replied to two 4WD's on G/T the first one had moved to Darwin but said i could send him the money and he would send the 4WD to me on a army truck.___Yer that sounded like a good deal...NOT Mad
The second had just moved to Perth,same story,he said send money and he would pay the freight.___Another great story Mad Mad
I dont know if some poor bastards fall for these Mongrels and send their $$$$ or not but i would be wanting to see the item before paying for anything off GUMTREE.
BE CAREFUL Wink

Cheers Bruce

Grandfather Johnson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

4500 on gumtree Empty gumtree 4500

Post  nuggertman Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:07 pm

scam scam scam//// some one i saw 6months ago///// sent email said the same ,, as he said to you ..... hope this helps
nuggertman
nuggertman
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Chuckles Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:49 am

His reply to me when I asked if I could do a cash on pickup.....

"Hi,
The detector is in great condition and the price I`m selling it for is $3100, which is including all shippings charges.
I live in Melbourne but I`m currently working in the UK (London) and I`ll be staying here for the next approximately 7 months, anyway I`m using MoneyBookers services so I can sell this detector without difficulty. I left it at their warehouse before leaving to the UK. They are supervising the entire process from payment, shipping with a 14-day inspection period included, returns (if needed) and refunding.
If you want to purchase it, let me know and I will explain you how MoneyBookers works and how we can move forward.
I am waiting your email.
Thanks "
( ron.cullen@hotmail.com )

I tracked his email back to Germany.
bom

Chuckles
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2011-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:50 am

This is my reply when I told him I work in Melb. very near La Trobe St and can I look at it first before purchase

Hi,
The detector is in great condition and the price I`m selling it for is $3100, which is including all shippings charges.
I live in Melbourne but I`m currently working in the UK (London) and I`ll be staying here for the next approximately 7 months, anyway I`m using MoneyBookers services so I can sell this detector without difficulty. I left it at their warehouse before leaving to the UK. They are supervising the entire process from payment, shipping with a 14-day inspection period included, returns (if needed) and refunding.
If you want to purchase it, let me know and I will explain you how MoneyBookers works and how we can move forward.
I am waiting your email.
Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldTone Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:57 am

Sorry guys I should have known, but that is a classic Gumtree scam that Wombat got on to...

If you get texts in the early hours of the morning because you posted an ad...it's a scam...

If it's too good to be true...

GT
GoldTone
GoldTone
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2011-04-19

Back to top Go down

4500 on gumtree Empty to be continued.....

Post  Guest Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:53 pm

Hi ,
the detector is in Sydney(at MoneyBookers official location). It could take up to 25 days to set up an appointment to pick it up and I am not going to wait that long because I am paying some fees each passing day.
If you want to purchase it, let me explain you how MoneyBookers works and how we can proceed:
To start the official transaction, I need your full name and shipping address.
As soon as I receive your info, I will forward it to MoneyBookers, they will start the transaction and notify you with all the instructions (payment, shipping, my account status etc.) One of their agents will be assigned to handle the payment. You have to make the payment using the exact details they will provide you with and when the payment is complete, you have to send them the payment information, they will verify it and take care of the delivery. You will have a 14-day return policy, so you will have the chance to inspect the detector and decide either you keep it or not. If you decide to keep it, they will release me the funds, if not you will have a complete refund within 3 days.
Anyway, they will explain you detailed the entire process.
I am waiting your email.
The serial No. is 1001376.
Thanks

Back to top Go down