Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bought a new iphone 4 and would like to know what is the best gps app

3 posters

Go down

Bought a new iphone 4 and would like to know what is the best gps app Empty Bought a new iphone 4 and would like to know what is the best gps app

Post  oxlios Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:04 am

Bought a new iphone4 and want to use it on a trip to wa and afterwards use it when I go out prospecting. I downloaded the free mudmap app but can't work out what maps to buy as they have several different series including 4wd. Can anyone tell me more about this and what is the best app from experience.

Thanks

oxlios
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-07-01

Back to top Go down

Bought a new iphone 4 and would like to know what is the best gps app Empty Re: Bought a new iphone 4 and would like to know what is the best gps app

Post  Rangirocks Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:28 am

As a keen fisherman I use Navionics which is the best marine gps software u can buy and great on land
Rangirocks
Rangirocks
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2011-05-12

Back to top Go down

Bought a new iphone 4 and would like to know what is the best gps app Empty Re: Bought a new iphone 4 and would like to know what is the best gps app

Post  YellowFever Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:57 pm

If you jailbreak your phone there are some great app's that will work on true GPS!(not cellular tower triangulation, like the native app and most in the app store) and totally off network!!!(downloaded maps are saved in your phone) if you don't want to jailbreak then the best app that I have found is ArcGIS, here in the USA i can get LR2000 to work on my iPhone and know exactly what claim I am on!!! I have not used it for navigation yet but i am in love with this app!

The native map app on the phone is almost worthless for navigation out of any city and is totally worthless at finding GPS points.

If you do decide to jailbreak then try out xGPS and ImgOsm they are great apps.

YellowFever
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-05-18

Back to top Go down