Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Milparinka Tibooburra Mt Browne area

+13
Detectist
solidslug
Detrackozi
getascripter
paintercoffeeguy
vinny007
Harb
billyboy
kevlorraine2
hotrockgarry
HOBO'S Gold
Balony
madmaverick
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Milparinka Tibooburra Mt Browne area - Page 2 Empty Re: Milparinka Tibooburra Mt Browne area

Post  Guest Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:08 pm

Yep good info mate, I downloaded these maps a fair while ago. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Milparinka Tibooburra Mt Browne area - Page 2 Empty Re: Milparinka Tibooburra Mt Browne area

Post  getascripter Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:07 pm

billyboy wrote:Got the bad news from the horses mouth last week - 29/1/12 - that Mt Browne is now closed to all detectors and prospectors and the gates are permanently shut to all. The big boys (mining co's) have taken over Mt Browne and most of Tibooburra. The entire place is now surrounded with massive EL's "everywhere". Nearly the entire NW corner of NSW from Broken Hill to north of Tibooburra is blanketed with massive EL's. Not all are looking for Au but you still wont be able to get on any of them. I think this is a great shame again for the "little guy" as it just about finishes off the entire NW NSW region for the little guys ..."US". Diamong drill holes are being sunk everywhere and the place will look like a Texas oil field soon. I guess with the Au price so high ... it was just a matter of time before this happened. A sad day fellow ground scratchers!!! Billyboy.

Well ... they've been taking lessons from the morons in SA (I'm allowed to say that ... I'm a Crow Eater!) 95% of the state of SA is now a NANNY STATE Twisted Evil
getascripter
getascripter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1900
Registration date : 2012-04-26

Back to top Go down

Milparinka Tibooburra Mt Browne area - Page 2 Empty If only it was open

Post  Detrackozi Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:45 pm

Little bit of Ozi-Data Overlays,
Residual quartz locations as Ozi Track File as well as Waypoints.

Milparinka Tibooburra Mt Browne area - Page 2 Postimage

Download Here ( Once page opens look at top right side and click on skip ad then you will see the download page and click on the Button Download)
MtBrowne Station Quartz Overlay Locations.zip

If you need it to be in Google KML or Kmz I will repost

David
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Milparinka Tibooburra Mt Browne area - Page 2 Empty mislead and self-righteous

Post  solidslug Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:42 pm

getascripter wrote:
billyboy wrote:Got the bad news from the horses mouth last week - 29/1/12 - that Mt Browne is now closed to all detectors and prospectors and the gates are permanently shut to all. The big boys (mining co's) have taken over Mt Browne and most of Tibooburra. The entire place is now surrounded with massive EL's "everywhere". Nearly the entire NW corner of NSW from Broken Hill to north of Tibooburra is blanketed with massive EL's. Not all are looking for Au but you still wont be able to get on any of them. I think this is a great shame again for the "little guy" as it just about finishes off the entire NW NSW region for the little guys ..."US". Diamong drill holes are being sunk everywhere and the place will look like a Texas oil field soon. I guess with the Au price so high ... it was just a matter of time before this happened. A sad day fellow ground scratchers!!! Billyboy.

Well ... they've been taking lessons from the morons in SA (I'm allowed to say that ... I'm a Crow Eater!) 95% of the state of SA is now a NANNY STATE Twisted Evil
As an ex(NTR) croweater I could not agree more with the nanny state argument. But that is not the case in this instance. As a Milparinka local I KNOW the reason for the closures- Too many irresponsible people from "away" leaving rubbish,leaving gates opening,trespassing and/or not seeking permission and generally tramping around like they own the place. If you are reading this you know who you are and only have yourself(s) to blame.
Sorry to upset on my first post but I have seen it with my own eyes. As a local I know the EL's are NOT the reason.
solidslug
solidslug
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2012-11-25

Back to top Go down

Post  getascripter Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:27 pm

Hi goldslug ... such a pity!! I really don't 'get' some people affraid I see similar behaviour around here (rural area). People turn up for their 'long weeken' or 'vacation' ... and forget that we actually live here 24/7/365. And when they go home, we have to clean up their mess!

Had a couple of yahoos doing burnouts down near the end of our property 12mths ago ... went through the fence ... and let two bulls, and thirty odd cows and calves out onto the road. Did they bother to come up and let us know? Did they bother to apologize? NO WAY!! Just took off into the night like bl**dy cowards ... leaving us to round everything up, in the middle of the night ... after some poor sod had an awful scare when he came face to car with a ton and a bit of bull standing in the middle of the road!!! Lucky he didn't kill himself, let alone the bull!! affraid affraid affraid
getascripter
getascripter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Detectist Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:31 pm

I'm a 4wder as well. I am a club member, trained and adhere to a code of behaviour. Like many others we see restrictions placed on 4wding due to the poor poor behaviour (whether deliberate and/or perhaps ignorance) of some irresponsible people. The hobby, whether it be detecting or 4wding is tarnished in the eyes of the public and "authorities" eg Nat Park rangers, by these, hopefully few, individuals.
I am to bring a group of 4wding detectorists to Tib/Milparinka in a few months and am saddened to see more restrictions due to others' poor behaviour so impacting on our ability to have as good a time, responsibly, as we can.
Detectist
Detectist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post  madmaverick Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:24 pm

Detectist wrote:I'm a 4wder as well. I am a club member, trained and adhere to a code of behaviour. Like many others we see restrictions placed on 4wding due to the poor poor behaviour (whether deliberate and/or perhaps ignorance) of some irresponsible people. The hobby, whether it be detecting or 4wding is tarnished in the eyes of the public and "authorities" eg Nat Park rangers, by these, hopefully few, individuals.
I am to bring a group of 4wding detectorists to Tib/Milparinka in a few months and am saddened to see more restrictions due to others' poor behaviour so impacting on our ability to have as good a time, responsibly, as we can.

unfortunately, the minority (I hope) ruin it for the majority, so often out in the bush, 4wding or detecting and picking up others rubish, in the hope that it will help keep access to a few places, they wouldn't dump it like that at home but they seem to think it is their given right to do it in the bush, bloody idiots,,, alas there are so many of them,,,

my 20c worth and my rant lmao

Happy hunting
Steve and Lea
madmaverick
madmaverick
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2010-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Detrackozi Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:30 pm

Milparinka Tibooburra Mt Browne area - Page 2 Postimage-1
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  djuncleruss Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:56 pm

Is it true we can't detect anymore ???
djuncleruss
djuncleruss
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2012-10-09

http://russwoodgate@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Milparinka Tibooburra Mt Browne area - Page 2 Empty Yes ... but

Post  philip.j.thompson Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:42 pm

Look, buy Tiboorburra Gold CD, lots of ares , produced by Jim Foster aka granite - I could be wrong at this time of night on names
regards Phil pale

philip.j.thompson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 725
Registration date : 2012-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  getascripter Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:20 pm

getascripter
getascripter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Show Me The Gold Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:13 pm

Guest wrote:Johnny, you should get heaps but don't expect any biggys. It's all good fun. Looking forward to the vids.
Panther

All adds up though
Show Me The Gold
Show Me The Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 288
Registration date : 2012-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Detrackozi Sat May 04, 2013 5:19 pm

The weather is getting a lot cooler now in southern NSW so how many are heading there this year and how long do you stay ?

what would you say would be the best time of the year to be there ?

I am planning to be up there in June and will be staying for two weeks at this stage Very Happy

David

Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Detrackozi Sat May 25, 2013 6:35 pm

Google Earth overlay of the EL for Tibooburra

Tibooburra mineral_titles_2013_5_23 .zip

Milparinka Tibooburra Mt Browne area - Page 2 Image2-10_zps3b588b27

Town Boundary
Milparinka Tibooburra Mt Browne area - Page 2 TibooburraTownBoundary_zpsfd270c1f

Spotted these Parked 4x4, must be have a swing Very Happy Very Happy

Prospectors Cars.zip
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Chimpy Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:53 pm

G'day

A nsw prospecting dealer got an email today stating that prospectors are not being blamed for the problems out there and the property will open again as soon as this week.
Just a rumour until I can confirm it

Cheers

Chimpy

Chimpy
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2011-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Detrackozi Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:51 pm

Chimpy

Seen your name all over the Warratta Creek area:D  Your Kids must of had fun
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:12 pm

Gezzz this mongrel few , small minority sure get around ! I believe the owner of land at Oallan ford has now blocked access to his land with locked gate and fencing wire and felled a tree to stop access to and from crown land ,with permission from the DPI , because of the motor Bike hoones who have trashed his block !

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:26 am

Ark,as Chimpy indicated in his post above,the closure at Mt Browne has nothing to do with Prospectors or idiots doing the wrong thing.
Too bad you have lost the access to Oallan ford......thats life.
Can we keep this post on subject ?
Has anyone heard any news on the re-opening of Mt Browne ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:58 am

Gus wrote:Ark,as Chimpy indicated in his post above,the closure at Mt Browne has nothing to do with Prospectors or idiots doing the wrong thing.
Too bad you have lost the access to Oallan ford......thats life.
Can we keep this post on subject ?
Has anyone heard any news on the re-opening of Mt Browne ?
Gus read some more of the posts on this thread ! Mine is no more or less off topic than those !

I think my response is valid !

As an ex(NTR) croweater I could not agree more with the nanny state argument. But that is not the case in this instance. As a Milparinka local I KNOW the reason for the closures- Too many irresponsible people from "away" leaving rubbish,leaving gates opening,trespassing and/or not seeking permission and generally tramping around like they own the place. If you are reading this you know who you are and only have yourself(s) to blame.
Sorry to upset on my first post but I have seen it with my own eyes. As a local I know the EL's are NOT the reason.

Last time I looked Milparinka was just down the road !

Back to top Go down

Post  Chimpy Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:58 am

G'day

the kids had a ball (big kids...100kg each Smile ) Hopefully it will be visible on the next Google Earth satelite pics. I cant wait to get back out there as there are still a few 'to do' items on my list like the Corona Amethyst field and some of the saltlakes
Milparinka Tibooburra Mt Browne area - Page 2 Image-26

cheers

Chimpy

Chimpy
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Detrackozi Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:55 pm

Chimpy

We seen the great work your kids did , we also spent one night on your campsite Very Happy as for a GE view I think you will need to amp up on the scale mate so get the kids on a training program now:P

Milparinka Tibooburra Mt Browne area - Page 2 Chimpy_zps9393638c
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Chimpy Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:37 am

G'day

How did you do at Gumvale? We struggled but a bloke who was out solo came past camp with a nice 3g bit he found just across the creek from the ball mill. I hope that camp was clean as I know someone that used it after us and the kids always do an emu-bob before we leave.

Cheers

Chimpy

Chimpy
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Detrackozi Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:19 pm

Chimpy

We did good and explored all over the range and along the creeks and gullies on the bike here is one of the vid clip from your camp down the creek to that site with the nice mines hut is and shafts along the reef line coming down the hill;) Wink Wink 

https://youtu.be/wnTvz0i9AUM
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Milparinka Tibooburra Mt Browne area - Page 2 Empty Mount Poole

Post  Guest Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:16 pm

The discovery at Mount Poole. Might help someone.
http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article70953068

Cheers, FF.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2