Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

quartz veins in ANS

5 posters

Go down

quartz veins in ANS Empty quartz veins in ANS

Post  nubian goldseeker Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:18 pm

Hi all, After a half day of searching, i found some quartz veins. one of them had minerals in it (maybe some kind om arseno, iron-pyrite ??).

my question is: how can I distinguish a vein that is gold-bearing from one that is not ?

thanks

nubian goldseeker
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-10-02

Back to top Go down

quartz veins in ANS Empty Re: quartz veins in ANS

Post  nubian goldseeker Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:10 pm

quartz veins in ANS 672011113323A0202

nubian goldseeker
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:26 pm

G'day, Looks good ground, try taking the top few inches off the ground and do some 'loaming' test the samples in your pan and this should give you an indication if gold is present or not, this is how the old timers did it.

Other than that, run a detector over it and see what happens.

Hope this helps
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  nubian goldseeker Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:44 pm

quartz veins in ANS Bc2011122156P6005

nubian goldseeker
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:00 pm

ohh yes ide be doin ' what goldstalker says !! very good advice cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  nubian goldseeker Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:56 pm

GoldstalkerGPX wrote:G'day, Looks good ground, try taking the top few inches off the ground and do some 'loaming' test the samples in your pan and this should give you an indication if gold is present or not, this is how the old timers did it.

Other than that, run a detector over it and see what happens.

Hope this helps

at this moment i dont own a detector (forbidden in this country)!!!

nubian goldseeker
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  nubian goldseeker Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:03 am

what kind of stone/mineral is this, i found it beside a quartz vein. it crumbles very easy in my hand.

quartz veins in ANS 1c201115601PM98bb

nubian goldseeker
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  nubian goldseeker Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:17 am

quartz veins in ANS 7b201121552PM26f3

nubian goldseeker
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:55 am

Hey Nubian,
With all this in mind, to enjoy metal detecting legally and constructively in Sweden, follow these steps.

1.Identify a likely field/beach/park far from the nearest registered ancient monument (runic Rs on the map, also check the on-line register).

2.Check with the landowner & tenant that it wouldn't cause them trouble to have you walking and digging little pits on the land in such and such a season.

3.Print out or photocopy a map and circle the area you want to metal detect with a marking pen. A field or two is realistic: a parish is not.

4.Write an application letter to Länsantikvarien at Länsstyrelsen (i.e. the County Archaeologist at your County Council) where you specify the time frame (weeks or months are realistic, years are not) and emphasise that you will get the landowner's & tenant's permission and you will show your finds to your County Museum. Append the map.

5.Wait two weeks and then start nagging the County Archaeologist politely by phone.

6.When metal detecting, bring your permit and a GPS navigator. Bag all finds except those of which you're absolutely positive that they are of post-WW2 date. (Hint: all aluminium is post-WW2.) Write coordinates in the Swedish National grid on the bags.

7.Once a month or so, make an appointment with an archaeologist at the County Museum to look through your recent finds.

8.Everything will be much easier if you get to know people: join the local historical society and offer the County Museum your services as a volunteer (or, if you're lucky, paid subcontractor) on its excavations
I have checked out some stuff regarding metal detecting legally in Sweden, (Iassume you are in Sweden by your post). There are ways to legally detect in Sweden.

Back to top Go down

Post  nubian goldseeker Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:32 am

brookesy888 wrote:Hey Nubian,
With all this in mind, to enjoy metal detecting legally and constructively in Sweden, follow these steps.

1.Identify a likely field/beach/park far from the nearest registered ancient monument (runic Rs on the map, also check the on-line register).

2.Check with the landowner & tenant that it wouldn't cause them trouble to have you walking and digging little pits on the land in such and such a season.

3.Print out or photocopy a map and circle the area you want to metal detect with a marking pen. A field or two is realistic: a parish is not.

4.Write an application letter to Länsantikvarien at Länsstyrelsen (i.e. the County Archaeologist at your County Council) where you specify the time frame (weeks or months are realistic, years are not) and emphasise that you will get the landowner's & tenant's permission and you will show your finds to your County Museum. Append the map.

5.Wait two weeks and then start nagging the County Archaeologist politely by phone.

6.When metal detecting, bring your permit and a GPS navigator. Bag all finds except those of which you're absolutely positive that they are of post-WW2 date. (Hint: all aluminium is post-WW2.) Write coordinates in the Swedish National grid on the bags.

7.Once a month or so, make an appointment with an archaeologist at the County Museum to look through your recent finds.

8.Everything will be much easier if you get to know people: join the local historical society and offer the County Museum your services as a volunteer (or, if you're lucky, paid subcontractor) on its excavations
I have checked out some stuff regarding metal detecting legally in Sweden, (Iassume you are in Sweden by your post). There are ways to legally detect in Sweden.

thanks brookesy888!, iam not in sweden, iam in Arabian Nubian shield.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabian-Nubian_Shield

nubian goldseeker
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Porter Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:11 pm

nubian goldseeker wrote:quartz veins in ANS 7b201121552PM26f3

That country rock looks like granite, with fractures that are filled with quartz. Head toward the nearby sedimentary country (slate, schist, dolerite, greenstone etc) that will be in contact with it and check for gold there.

JP
Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2008-11-25

http://www.theoutbackprospector.com.au

Back to top Go down

quartz veins in ANS Empty 8 in veins

Post  Landfar Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:29 am

I'm here in equador A geologist told me here that 85% of Quarts veins over 8 inchs are Gold bearing the one photo the vein is quite wide
That may be for just this area but thought that was an interesting STat

Landfar
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Tributer Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:11 am

The vast majority of quartz veins in australia don't have gold in them (unless it is a few ppm).
What i can add is that if a quartz vein is proud (ie nice white colour and sticking up high above the ground surface) it is usually not mineralised. The richest mineralised veins weather away quicker then unmineralised veins and are usually found just below the surface, given away by a stream of stained/coloured quartz or nuggets down slope.

The exception is that the unmineralised vein may have had a mineralised section that has long since eroded away. So always check/detect/sample slopes and flat ground immediately downslope of quatz veins.

Some of the veins i have seen/gained gold off in NSW were on average 3-10 cm in wide, however gold in wide veins is not uncommon.

Tributer
Tributer
Tributer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1006
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Landfar Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:01 pm

Tributer
well I kinda thought that was to good to be true but I really like the explaination of quarts veins I will put that to good use
Landfar

Landfar
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Tributer Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:18 pm

Hi Landfar, I have heard that some good nuggets have turned up in southern Ecuador over the years?

Can you detect over there? Have you had any luck with Gold?

regards Tributer
Tributer
Tributer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Landfar Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:23 am

Triberter
Yes there is lots of Gold here in southern Ecuador and yes i have found plenty of flour Gold And some Nuggets.
But I still do not have my detector its on it way. When it gets here I have several spots I cannot wait to Go..
The way I see it they have been Mineing here for a long Time Gold is almost everywhere you go But they have been doing it with Junk dredges Really bad High bankers and something that they Call Wash Plants if they want to Go Big. Wash Plants are about the most badly designed Gold recovery sytem on earth.
I think being here with a good detector will be like what it was like when detectors were first invented and those Lucky few went out in the Golden Triangle . You will not have to worry about weather someone Has been there in frount of you Trust me Noone is medal detecting down here. So when my detector gets here and I have checked out the spots I know there are larger nuggets i will Post how I did
and that may help you get a better Idea. The other thing this country has many very old Historical sites Just begging to be looked at some amazing history that noone is detecting.
One of the first places I will Go is an abandoned city that was a hub of Gold mineing when the spanish were here its a 2 hour walk in teh mountains but I'm pretty excited about what will turn up.
Landfar
Landfar

Landfar
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Tributer Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:06 am

Best of luck with the gold Landfar. If you a getting a minelab gold detector my advice is to use the mono coil and factory settings to start and it would be best to stay away from old cities and spots with lots of scrap iron and rubbish to start with until you get used to the different signals. Try some of the main gold areas first where bedrock is not far below the soil on creek edges and small gullies on slopes.

Tributer
Tributer
Tributer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Landfar Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:12 am

Tributar
Good advise I did not want to get into brands because after I joined this I saw this is a mine lab fourm I ordered a Whites TDI pro
for the very reason you mentioned .. ITs very good at looking past teh junk. And MY Business partner has a mine lab so we will have the best of both worlds when we Go.
Landfar

Landfar
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down