Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Call out to secret squirells settings for 3500

2 posters

Go down

Call out to secret squirells settings for 3500 Empty Call out to secret squirells settings for 3500

Post  HueyDuck Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:25 pm

Hi secret,

I have been detecting for nearly 12 months now and own a 3500 unmodded this is an absolute cracker machine... i use the 11" DD in phseudo mono and have found 7 grams with this so far..

Other coils i have are New 16" Nugget Finder round mono, New and 8" mono commander but not found any gold with these coils...

Settings Mono, Deep, sensitive, medium.

Just wondering what you use if thats no trouble, thanks in advance....

HueyDuck....
HueyDuck
HueyDuck
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2010-04-19

Back to top Go down

Call out to secret squirells settings for 3500 Empty Re: Call out to secret squirells settings for 3500

Post  Guest Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:51 pm

hi heuyduck
mate with those settings bury a half ounce nugget or lead deep enough that you can't hear it and then
take your machine out of sensitive and into normal and see what happens

cheers

Back to top Go down

Call out to secret squirells settings for 3500 Empty Re: Call out to secret squirells settings for 3500

Post  secret squirrel Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:05 pm

HueyDuck wrote:Hi secret,

I have been detecting for nearly 12 months now and own a 3500 unmodded this is an absolute cracker machine... i use the 11" DD in phseudo mono and have found 7 grams with this so far..

Other coils i have are New 16" Nugget Finder round mono, New and 8" mono commander but not found any gold with these coils...

Settings Mono, Deep, sensitive, medium.

Just wondering what you use if thats no trouble, thanks in advance....

HueyDuck....
hey hueyduck

I agree with fencejumper...it is worth it to run in normal mode...but !!...mate we really need to know what type of ground you are working in...I have found it can make a huge difference once you use monos....I tend to steer away from using mono coils most times , I know all the top guys and pros rave about them , but ...mate..I have come across some pros who recommended using monos when in actual fact they were using DDs...figure that out ! give me a bit of an idea roughly what area you are searching in and I will compare with info I have from others if I haven't been there myself....mate, Aus is a big country, I have been lucky enough in the past to be in touch with many prospectors who have trusted me with some of their hard earned knowledge, I treasure it all and will share some , with this I have also been lucky enough to help the less experienced to achieve their dream of finding the first nugget, often this thrill is bigger than finding my own...back to your settings, it sounds like you don't have a smaller or larger DD coil...I have found the 14" DD and the 10by5 elliptical DD are extremely handy...some of my mates have the 4500 and were running 11" in pseudsmono and my 10by5 DD in normal mode picked up what they missed,
best thing you can do is next time you find a bit change your coil and settings and go over it again.....even change your tone and threshold a bit, you'll be surprised what can jump out sometimes...I use the speaker combo, it'll be different if you use headphones, you will miss the faint ones then.....anyhow, with a bit more info of your terrain we can narrow things down a bit more , cheers SS
secret squirrel
secret squirrel
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2011-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post  HueyDuck Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:11 pm

Thankyou for that fence jumper i will try that, cheers.

Secret, yes i detect in the golden triangle of Victoria and beep in moderate to highly mineralised ground and i might have to try that 10 by 5 DD combo one day...Thanks a heap once again, appreciate that!!!!!

hueyDuck....
HueyDuck
HueyDuck
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2010-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post  secret squirrel Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:26 pm

HueyDuck wrote:Thankyou for that fence jumper i will try that, cheers.

Secret, yes i detect in the golden triangle of Victoria and beep in moderate to highly mineralised ground and i might have to try that 10 by 5 DD combo one day...Thanks a heap once again, appreciate that!!!!!

hueyDuck....
no worries HueyDuck...I also run a 6" coiltek mono occasionally, but prefer the 10by5 as you get less EMI from any wires or fences nearby, I usually have problems with monos like that...be on the lookout for them, even 20-30feet away from wire , they conduct so much energy from miles away if they are crossing powerlines...
cheers SS
secret squirrel
secret squirrel
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2011-02-07

Back to top Go down