Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what coil?

3 posters

Go down

what coil? Empty what coil?

Post  gold fever Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:00 pm

Have recently purchased a 4500 that has an 11' mono with it, I was told the 14' x 9' mono nugget finder would do the job nicely as far as bigger coils go, can anyone recommend this coil or others, as im starting to get organised now for my next WA trip.
Cheers

gold fever
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2010-06-19

Back to top Go down

what coil? Empty Re: what coil?

Post  Guest Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:18 pm

hi gold fever, the N/F coils are great as i have just brought a 14 inch and found 2 bits first time out with it. your advantage round coils are more sensitive than your elliptical ufo shaped ones, but they are better for pin pointing out your targets. i found this out by a person who test these coils. i think the only coils you realy need are an 8" a 14" and a 18"...
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:22 pm

Stoppsy, think about it for a minuite, "i think the only coils you realy need are an 8" a 14" and a 18"... "
What about the 11" Minelab Commander mono, these are brilliant coils, and at least these are the coils that minelab make recommend and test on their machines. If you don't have an 11" commander mono then yur are missing out on a good coil.

gold fever to answer your question yes the 11" commander mono that you got with your 4500 is an excellent coil to use, the recommended 14"x9" mono nuggetfinder is also an excellent coil and on par with the 11" commander with a bit of extra sensetivity on the ends wich is very useful for pinpointing..

The other coils that stoppsy mentions are all good size coils to carry and to use in the right situations, just remember that round coils will give more depth that their elliptical counterparts of similar size.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:32 pm

the gpx detectors are good with any mono coil they are made for it, it don't matter what brand or make off coil as long as it works... i have allways read good things about the N/F coils, i use a 8" commander and that is deadly on the small gold so i thought i might as well go a 14" N/F wich will still pick up small but will go down deeper then i will go an buy an 18" when i sell more gold.
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  FoolsGold Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:42 pm

gold fever wrote:Have recently purchased a 4500 that has an 11' mono with it, I was told the 14' x 9' mono nugget finder would do the job nicely as far as bigger coils go, can anyone recommend this coil or others, as im starting to get organised now for my next WA trip.
Cheers

Hi gold fever

The 14x9 mono nugget finder coil is an excellent coil, which I use the majority of the time. But the 11inch commander mono coil is also an excellent coil and great to have in your kit.

Good luck with your trip to WA.

FoolsGold

FoolsGold
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

what coil? Empty coils

Post  gold fever Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:02 am

Thanks chaps, lots of good advise, heading back to WA for about 4 months next year, starting up at Halls creek and working my way down, so trying to get things sorted. Not leaving until April.
Cheers

gold fever
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2010-06-19

Back to top Go down

what coil? Empty what coil to buy

Post  leftyfive Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:31 pm

hows it all goin first time caller long time reader i have just upgraded from a 3000 to a 4500 and only have the standerd coil wondering is it better to run it on dd or mono and also what would be the best coil to get for it to get down deep and find some good nugs cheers

leftyfive

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-01-18

Back to top Go down