Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"NEW COILS TO HIT MARKET"

+7
24kt
Coota
Narrawa
Rov
Undertaker
artrix
kon61
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

"NEW COILS TO HIT MARKET" Empty "NEW COILS TO HIT MARKET"

Post  kon61 Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:50 pm

G'day Fellow prospectors.

I noticed that a new range of Goldstalker and Nugget Finder Monos coils,are gearing up to hit the markets sometime early Dec this year. "Nuggets from Downunder" is currently advertising them.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

"NEW COILS TO HIT MARKET" Empty Re: "NEW COILS TO HIT MARKET"

Post  Guest Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:03 pm

Hi Kon..was looking at them earlier...30" x 7" should be good ground coverage and still very toey on the smaller bits...a good Tibboburra coil!
P.S.....Happy Birthday mate! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:19 pm

Yeah thanks Steve!. I had to look twice at the 30x7 just to make sure the dimensions were correct.
This is going to be one interesting Patch Finder. Apart from its size,sounds similar to the "BIG FOOT" By
Jimmy Sierra,but they do state "Elliptical".Interesting to see if it cuts the depth.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:36 am

Gday

I have to agree with you there Kon on this being an unusual dimension for a coil, but I suppose that in a lot of cases you are really looking for indicators which are usually smaller pieces in the shallow to medium depth range, so the coverage is going to be a more important factor than the outright depth.

The later eliptical coils like the nuggetfinder 14x9 and 17" eliptical coils are still very capable depth wise, although not quite as good as the round coils for outright depth, but super sensitive, a coil of this type will have a definate place in the arsenal if you are patch hunting in open virgin ground.

I want one

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Post  artrix Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:40 am

any pics of it yet

artrix
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2009-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:23 pm

Can't get my hands on a picture of the 30x7 elliptical as yet artrix. Only a mater of time before someone does.

Yeah Stayyer;Ive always been into large round coils when patch hunting,just for depth sake.It will be interesting to see the difference in capabilities,between the new Goldstalker 22 round and 24x14 elliptical.I do believe they'll both be killer patch finders.Sensitivity to the small gold though,remains to be seen.As for the 30x7 Nugget Finder Advantage, I do believe that because of its narrow width,it should have a much more concentrated field and be quite sensitive to the smaller gold nearer the surface.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Undertaker Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:54 pm

I hope the new 30x7 comes with its own magnifying glass.
Undertaker
Undertaker
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2010-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Rov Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:39 am

must be an slightly upscaled from 18x5 1/2 incher bigfoot style from PM coils? Ha! Thought nobody liked rectangular coils?
Rov
Rov
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2010-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:30 am

30x7 ay? was looking for a leaf litter broom come coil. Not only that, i was thinking of a new ski for the bridge to bridge, and if i come a gutsa, i wont have to worry about being up sh*t creek without a paddle. Laughing

If i buy two i could use them for snow shoes, or place my wet sock over them and use them as bellows to stoke my fire. Razz

But im glad they were not around back in the days when i was a naughty little boy, my old lady would have used it on my arssssssssssk me what else they could be used for and i'll tell you table tennis comes to mind, but im sure there is a limit to the bat size allowed.

Would make a great beach coil, after digging coins you could catch a wave.
Laughing
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1885
Registration date : 2008-10-22

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Rov Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:10 am

Yeh,the Yowies up katoomba with couple Occy straps,Cheap thongs!Not a size we cant fit!Ha!Ha!Beut!
Rov
Rov
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2010-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:02 am

This coil must be aimed at the Sudan surely.
Very strange.
Otto had better come up with a bl**dy long lower shaft.

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:48 am

Your right there Rob; Its only a matter of time before "Telescopic Otto" hits the market.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:02 am

Good one Rov. I wonder if it is rectangular in shape?.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:32 am

[img]"NEW COILS TO HIT MARKET" 788[/img]

Gday

Here it is the 30x7 patchfinder, not quite what I expected to look at, should be an interesting coil to use though.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Post  Coota Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:01 am

Is that mounting bracket on the wrong way? What a Face

Coota
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  24kt Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:08 am

stayyerAU wrote:[img]"NEW COILS TO HIT MARKET" 788[/img]

Gday

Here it is the 30x7 patchfinder, not quite what I expected to look at, should be an interesting coil to use though.

cheers

stayyerAU

I want one " 30x7 patchfinder " ??? who sells them in Vic ?

cheers
24kt
24kt
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2010-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:02 am

Gday

I dont think that even though this coil is quite large that an excessively long bottom shaft would be necessary, but if it were a round coil then I would definately say yes it would be, this coil would be sensitive with a narrow and compact signal, possibly with quite reasonable depth on biggish pieces but definately not as deep as a round coil of the same size.

My way of thinking is that if you are after covering a lot of ground, or new ground in a hurry looking for indicators then this coil might be the way to go, another thing that I thought of is that it would be an easy coil to carry on the postie bike or quad or whatever, being long and thin rather than being round it would be much more easily mounted somewhere.

Specs--compared to other NF mono coils

30x7 NF Patchfinder weighs 880 grams

24x12 NF Eliptical is 870 grams

18" NF Round is 890 grams

20" NF Round is 960 grams

I believe it will retail for about $550

cheers

stayyerAU

Last edited by stayyerAU on Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:00 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added weight specs--added retail price)

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan WA Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:30 am

I remember Steve H (Alaska) asking for a coil like this.
Might have got his wish.

What's the cost?

Alan
Alan WA
Alan WA
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:02 pm

Gday Alan

I just added what I believe the retail price will be, sorry I forgot before, too much xmas cheer I think, too few braincells left now.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:20 pm

Oh great, a coil of wire encased in a crappy vacuum-formed shell for $550.00 what a bloody joke! I've been an electronics product designer for just under 20 years now and I can promise you they are making these things for well under $50.00 and probably more like $15.00 if they're being produced in Taiwan or China. It is very easy to make your own and there are heaps of resources available on the net. Just start Googling.

Back to top Go down

Post  24kt Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:22 am

Byteman wrote:Oh great, a coil of wire encased in a crappy vacuum-formed shell for $550.00 what a bloody joke! I've been an electronics product designer for just under 20 years now and I can promise you they are making these things for well under $50.00 and probably more like $15.00 if they're being produced in Taiwan or China. It is very easy to make your own and there are heaps of resources available on the net. Just start Googling.

PMSFL Byteman you hit the nail on the head LOL couldn't agree more!!!

someone has found their Eureka Gold.

cheers
24kt
24kt
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2010-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:39 am

Gday

While I would agree that coils seem expensive thats what you have to pay if you either dont want to or cant make your own coils, its like anything and I would rather just buy it and be able to use it rather than mess around, and if anything goes wrong you have a warranty and can send it back.

A good coil will find many ounces of gold, the price of this coil is about 15 grams or so, so when you look at it in that light its worth it I think, and anyway if having this coil found you even a 30 ounce patch you would be well pleased and a long way in front, and not winging about what you had to pay for it, there are very few things that are really worth what we pay for them these days but like I said thats the price you pay for convienience isnt it?

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:03 am

If they were that easy to make, mobs like Coiltek and Nugget Finder wouldn't have survived and thrived for so long. Every man and his dog would be knocking them out in their shed.

We've all read recently about the Chinese ripoffs that are failing badly, so the masters at pull one apart and copy can't get it right. I know I'd rather trust something that has had years of R&D and is properly contructed than something I knocked up in my spare time.

Just curious Byteman, what coils do you use?

Back to top Go down

Post  Undertaker Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:29 pm

Byteman, theres a lot more to coil building than you might think. If you had the correct ingredients that you purchased in bulk it would be possible to make them for $50. If you sourced quality ingredients yourself and put in the hours required it would cost you over $1000. All the bits and pieces required to make one are very difficult to find and there are no books telling you how to make one.
Undertaker
Undertaker
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:18 pm

I'd have to agree that if you wanted to make a well finished coil comparable to a purchased one then it would be uneconomically viable (time wise) especially when it comes to making the molds for the vacuum-formed shell, though there are a few out there that don't mind doing this and have had excellent results. You can however knock something up in your shed rather quickly and inexpensively that will perform comparably to the stuff made by the well known brands out there. I wish this forum had some means by which I could post files as I have some very good articles in PDF format on coil theory, construction and material procurement.

Those Chinese craftsmen take little if any pride in their workmanship, so it's hardly surprising that their counterfeit coils are junk like most of everything else they pump out.

Back to top Go down

Post  Undertaker Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:00 am

Byteman, I,ve tried long and hard to find the correct components. Coax,strain relievers, gold plated plugs, the correct litz,LD plastic,foam and shielding. All these things are close to impossible to find.
If you could offer some info I would be grateful. If you had a file to share i think you can download to fileshare and copy the link in your posts. Somebody here may have a better way of sharing a file.
Cheers
Undertaker
Undertaker
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:32 am

Dave

I'VE got a beauty its actually a Coat Hanger Wraped in bubble wrap hahahaha..

It worked great until the friggin bubbles all popped hahaha

Pete in WA Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:26 am

Gday

Well I picked my 30x7 patch finder coil up yesterday and hope to give it a bit of a try out today, well in the back yard or in nearby bush anyway, to get some idea mainly to its sensitivity to metallic objects on my person, being such a large coil I am hoping that it will not pick up on anything that I carry on me as it is much better not to have to use an extra long lower shaft if I dont have to.

I tried it out on the standard minelab shaft to get the feel of it and although it looks odd as I am used to swinging large round coils it feels rather light and will take a bit of getting used to, and although the total length is 30" the mounting is set so that there is 14" to the rear and 16" to the front, it feels quite well balanced, and looks as well made as all the nuggetfinder advantage coils so I would expect a long life from it.

Its definately a purpose made coil and I am not that concerned about its depth capability, I dont know what nuggetfinders specs say about its depth abilty but at a guess I would think that it would be possibly 60/70 the depth of a say 20" round mono coil, but its strength would lay in its sensitivity and fast ground coverage, on open ground or new ground where you are looking for any hint of gold, particularly in areas that you dont have any idea whether it is gold bearing or not it will make the process of snagging that first indicator a lot easier I would say, and its lightweight enough to be used for hours on end, combined with a hip stick and you could comfortably detect all day.

I wouldnt bother with it if you are just looking for a general purpose coil, but if you are moving about on a quad or bike the shape alone would make it an easier coil to carry than a large round coil, anyway time will tell with this coil, as I know of many gold bearing areas that still produce patches on vast bits of open ground I am hoping that it will help as anything that will help to cover the ground more quickly but efficiently will be worth having.

Once I give it a bit of a test run and have a better idea of its abilities then I will post more info on it.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:10 am

Chinese craftsmen = Oxymoron Shocked Shocked Shocked

beepinpete wrote:Dave

I'VE got a beauty its actually a Coat Hanger Wraped in bubble wrap hahahaha..

It worked great until the friggin bubbles all popped hahaha

Pete in WA Cool

You been out in the sun again Pete? Razz Razz Razz

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post  Undertaker Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:13 am

Pete,
I thought about using a coat hanger but the inductance and resistance was wrong so I put it back where it belonged,in the antenna hole on the car.
Cheers

Last edited by Undertaker on Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Undertaker
Undertaker
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next