Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking at two large quartz seams joining together into one big seam

2 posters

Go down

Looking at two large quartz seams joining together into one big seam Empty Looking at two large quartz seams joining together into one big seam

Post  shelby23 Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:39 pm

Hi
Was just checking the date on my GPS “24 September 2008” this was a great day.
It was the day I marked the spot where the old gold miners hut was on my GPS.
This was facing over a beautiful Water Hole, Spring in the Creek (Referrer to my Photos)
In back part of my property that is remote.

Three good local gold detector friends came to my property that day; one had just got his new GPX 3500 and it was his first trip out with it.
As I found the instruction book came out, to learn how to turn it on and tune it in, a very exciting time for him.
We drove as close as we could to the site and walked in the rest of the way.
My two Detectors friends found to much metal rubbish in an area, of the creek they were interested in, from an old broken up barbwire fence.
They looked around the Spring area detected up a few tracks going up the banks of the creek.
Picking up boot tacks they traced them to the old gold miners hut and I marked the spot with my GPS.
It was a flat area over looking the site they were working and crevassing at the time.
Over 100 years ago.
There were belt buckles, Funny looking old nails, and when I detected the hut again a few weeks later an old crevassing tool in the hut area.
I would not have found the hut without someone else looking and interpreting the area in a different way than I would have.
After a few hours it started to rain so it cut short a great day for me.

It is a place that used to be called One Mile Gorge, like the road to my place was called on old maps One Mile Road and up the road 3miles is called, yes you guessed it the
4 Mile Road. The Gorge really goes for many miles; it was an old stock route to the Rail Head to take the Cattle to Gladstone Queensland, the railway line is well maintained but rarely used now days.
I met a man who was 10 years old and used to go on the cattle drives through the
One Mile Gorge with his Dad, But his Mum said he had to be home at night so he was. She was the Boss.

I have now bought myself a GPX 4500 a few weeks ago and--- “As I found the instruction book came out, to learn how to turn it on and tune it in, a very exciting time for ME. lol
I will be revisiting the old gold miners hut and the old Chinese Gold Mining Camp one kms up stream.
I am very excited with Gold Detecting.
Neale Biloela Queensland

Last edited by shelby23 on Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

shelby23
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 685
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back to top Go down

Looking at two large quartz seams joining together into one big seam Empty hi there Neale

Post  madmaverick Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:15 pm

Great to see fellow Queenslanders,, you sound like you are as keen as we are,, we are in Brisbane, not so far, so if you are ever looking for prospecting company or if you are keen for others to join you, we are very keen here, pretty inexperienced but always up for a trip with ppl into the same things

Happy Hunting
Steve and Lea
madmaverick
madmaverick
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2010-07-26

Back to top Go down

Looking at two large quartz seams joining together into one big seam Empty Re: Looking at two large quartz seams joining together into one big seam

Post  shelby23 Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:56 am

This is the track up to the Old Miners Hut

shelby23
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Looking at two large quartz seams joining together into one big seam Empty Re: Looking at two large quartz seams joining together into one big seam

Post  shelby23 Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:04 pm

A Vidio of detection area in my Creek

shelby23
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Looking at two large quartz seams joining together into one big seam Empty Looking at two large quartz seams joining together into one big seam

Post  shelby23 Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:45 pm

Hi
I know a spot where two large quartz seams come together at the yellow bubble Q Side Spot.

The Blue seam is gold bearing and one fined is noted, I am not sure about the pink seam.

I am reading "Gympie Gold" at the moment and it references to quartz seams joining together causing faults and gold finds.
This book made me think of this spot and its potential for a new patch.

I followed the blue seam to Q11, it is along a hill ridge the quartz seam kept on going but I turned back at 2.5 Kms.

There is allot of quartz at "Starting location" coming out of the side of the hill down into the gully, so that is where I am going on Tuesday to give my GPX4500.

The red lines are North-South markings.
There is a 250 metres gape between the blue and pink seam untill they join just past a big cliff about 30 metres high.

It’s my first run for the year after a false start last week due to a kidney stone putting me in hospital for 3 days.

I will report how I go when I get back in a few days.
Longer if I have good finds of course.

Regards Neale

Looking at two large quartz seams joining together into one big seam Quartzline_edited

shelby23
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down