Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AliBrite for cleaning gold nuggets

+2
Nugget Meister
niftynev48
6 posters

Go down

AliBrite for cleaning gold nuggets Empty AliBrite for cleaning gold nuggets

Post  niftynev48 Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:42 am

I have recently read reports on the forum saying that AliBrite is being removed from sale in retail outlets..I have just spoken with Septone in Brisbane (07.3390.5044) and they assure me that they have not withdrawn it from sale,and that it is still available..Please ring them to verify..They say that they are changing their labelling,but that is all..niftynev48

niftynev48
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-10-25

Back to top Go down

AliBrite for cleaning gold nuggets Empty Re: AliBrite for cleaning gold nuggets

Post  Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:58 am

Yes your quite right, here in NSW the BCF stores have all the Septone products which includes Alibrite. Very Happy

Supercheap used to stock it but now don't, not sure why.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:15 pm

hi
you can get septone ali brite from Blackwoods in 5 lt , part nº 0502 2566 and 20lt ,part nº 0044 4125.
dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Nugget Meister Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:32 pm

I called Supercheap and they told me they were dumping all Sepitine products including Alibrite and told me to contact Sepitone directly to find other stockists. They rang around for me but could not find any for me. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Nugget Meister
Nugget Meister
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-06-10

Back to top Go down

AliBrite for cleaning gold nuggets Empty Re my post regarding Alibrite

Post  niftynev48 Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:08 pm

If you ring Septone in Brisbane (07.3390.5044) they say that it is still available at SuperCheap stores (at least in Qld) and say they are unaware of any recall on the product..Please ring them for clarification..niftynev48

niftynev48
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:22 pm

Other stores may continue to carry it but Northmead and Wentworthville Supercheap Autocare store managers told me a memo had been delivered to their stores to withdraw the product from the shelves. At first, I thought this only related to the Alibrite but a visit to the Auburn store had me ask a few questions with the manager there and he told me they were removing all Septone products from their stock lists and would be substituting it with another brand and line of products. I still managed to find a half dozen bottles but a quick call around to several city stores turned up empty shelves and hapless staff that had no idea. Used to get it at Bunnings/BBC Hardware but they've dumped their Auto care range and won't carry it on the shelves as a cleaning product any more.

There's a serious push from the FBI in the United States to prevent the sales of any HF acids to the public in light of recent security/terror concerns though i don't know it this will affect the diluted cleaning substances. Alibrite is watered down though. I can always count on the local car wash to have some in their wheel rinse bucket. You can spot the guys who use it in the car trade because their nails are yellowing and brittle.
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

AliBrite for cleaning gold nuggets Empty The continuing saga of AliBrite

Post  niftynev48 Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:46 pm

According to the rep at Septone,HF acid is only about 1%,or very low percentage..As a precaution,I wear a safety face-mask,and protective safety glasses,and suitable rubber gloves,if I feel the need,better safe than sorry,and I hold my breath while tipping in the liquid,or changing,or emptying it from bowl,but it does a very good job,my gold nuggets have come up looking great,after using the follow-up liquids I mentioned in my previous posted message..Maybe the guys in Sydney should come to Qld for a holiday,and pick up half a dozen bottles while here..Neville.

niftynev48
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:38 pm

hi
if you want alibrite it is available at blackwoods (and probably at a lot of other stores).there are blackwoods stores all over australia in a lot of major centres

http://www2.blackwoods.com.au/Locations.aspx

http://www2.blackwoods.com.au/infoBANKproduct.aspx?SG=2000165&S=4084709&G=2003502&P=2024613

dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:23 pm

Septone "Ali Brite" and Septone "Aluminium Cleaner" are identical products, both come in 1L 5L & 20L containers.
http://www.septone.com.au/content.asp?item_description=aluminium+cleaner&submit=Go

Boating Camping & Fishing (BCF) stores stock these products.
http://www.bcf.com.au/online-store/products/Septone-Aluminium-Cleaner-1L.aspx?pid=135473#tab-Reviews

I have used both the Ali Brite and the Aluminium Cleaner for cleaning gold nuggets and both work equally well.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:28 pm

I was in supercheap on Saturday and they stocked both products that Dave mentions above, it was a which one to buy moment Very Happy Thanks for the info dave, I made the right choice Laughing

Cheers
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:34 pm

GPX getting back to the S/S flux it seems to work on fragile stuff, instead of flogging it with a tooth brush,

Mick,

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:16 pm

Thanks Mick, I will have to give that a go.

Cheers Pol
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:32 pm

Yep, Try it GPX,

Let me know how you go.

I am in the same caper as yourself.

Mick,

Back to top Go down

AliBrite for cleaning gold nuggets Empty Re: AliBrite for cleaning gold nuggets.

Post  goldenghost Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:00 pm

Just purchased 4x1Ltr bottles at Supercheap Townsville. Supplies are getting low. If you live in the Townsville area I would jump in quick before the remainder is sold. $13.99/Litre.
Pedro.

goldenghost
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Crocko Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:22 pm

niftynev48 wrote:If you ring Septone in Brisbane (07.3390.5044) they say that it is still available at SuperCheap stores (at least in Qld) and say they are unaware of any recall on the product..Please ring them for clarification..niftynev48

Harveys in Winnellie road, Darwin stock 5l and 20l Septone Alubrit....

Crocko
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2012-02-05

Back to top Go down