TDI Pro OZ Coils

Go down

TDI Pro OZ Coils Empty TDI Pro OZ Coils

Post  adrian ss on Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:54 am

Does anybody know if DD coils work on the TDI Pro OZ??
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2041
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

TDI Pro OZ Coils Empty Re: TDI Pro OZ Coils

Post  ivanll on Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:51 pm

I know Very Happy ................................................................. Yes they Do Exclamation

ivanll
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:19 pm

ivanll mate!! I knew you were still out there watching... Very Happy
Thanks for that bit of info. I will now bung one on my TDI and see how she goes. I am considering the Coiltek 12 x 8 WP DD for beach work.
I am very satisfied with the detector and the mono's that I am using although the iffy pinpointing  is making me want to try a DD.

Last edited by adrian ss on Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanll on Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:03 pm

I do more than watch, actually I'm using DD coils on my TDI-Pro and modded SPP and a Dual-Field on the TDI Beach hunter.

ivanll
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:20 am

How do you rate the Duel Field on the TDI as compared to the standard 12 inch single field?
  Weekend before last at Batemans Bay I had difficulty achieving good ground bal over the wet sand with the TDI and had to reduce gain to approx 50%. I was using the Coiltek 14 inch goldstalker mono. The standard TDI 12 incher ground balanced very well.

Last edited by adrian ss on Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanll on Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:13 am

TDI Beach Hunter and the hard wired 12" dual field coil is a perfect match on this detector for beach hunting, it gets both High/Low conductors even ear studs on wet sand.

Have the original 12" "OZ" mono coil for the TDI Pro, it's deeper on larger items than a Dual Field but not as sensitive to the small.

Razorback 10x5" DD is my preferred coil when prospecting for pickers with the modded SPP.

Razorback 14"DD was my main coil on the TDI Pro when beach hunting also used when prospecting open places.

Also Razorback "Folded 8" mono coils are good coils made specifically for the TDI.

ivanll
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:00 pm

Thanks for that info.
I have the standard 12 inch and a Super Pulse 6 inch mono, a Coiltek 6 inch mono (this is a nice coil, very sensitive).
Also a 5 x 8 mono which is also a nice coil.
I have a Coiltek 14 inch mono which has probs ground balancing at the beach.
Also have 11 and 12 x 15 inch Commander Mono's. The 11 inch works very well on the wet sand. I have not given the 12 x 15 a proper try out at the beach as yet.
They all perform well with the TDI over iron mineralised ground.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:28 pm

Tried a 12 x 8 DD Coiltek Platypus on the TDI today.
Initial impression is not great.
    The coil is good at pinpointing, not so good re sensitivity and depth and is very effected by EMI.

I had to set the Gain quite high to achieve reasonable detection depth. Ground balance is not so great.
    The short axis of the coil determines the detection depth to a large degree and the long axis not so much so That is probably why sensitivity is a bit low plus the rx winding is only approx 4 inches across the short axis, so not a lot of point comparing this DD to a similar sized elliptical mono or an 11 round mono. where the short axis of the eliptical mono is the full width of the coil.
    The coil does not fit the lower shaft of the TDI so a bit of fudging was required, although this aspect gave me the irrits and made me look for more faults. Rolling Eyes
Anyway when I get the coil fitted correctly and I am less cranky I will give it a better try out.

17 Aug 2019 15:45

Ok so have given the 8 x 12 Platypus a good tryout with the TDI and can conclude that the coil is totally unsatisfactory on the TDI. GB appears to be not functioning in any mode and EMI is causing a great range of noises that does not happen with the Mono's. The GB control has no effect and adjusting the pulse delay creates all manner of squeals and screams. Yes it does detect targets and at good depth but the accompanying back ground noises are awful making the detector sound as though it is about ready to explode.affraid pale
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down