Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

kings pop top quicky [roof top tent]

3 posters

Go down

kings pop top quicky [roof top tent] Empty kings pop top quicky [roof top tent]

Post  moredeep Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:50 pm

Any info out there about the quality of the pop top quicky [roof top tent]
Has anyone heard or got one,are you/they happy with its performance ?
I'm thinking of getting one but have heard dodgy things about delivery from kings 4x4 supa centre ,any advice welcomed.

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1860
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

kings pop top quicky [roof top tent] Empty Re: kings pop top quicky [roof top tent]

Post  Jin Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:48 pm

I had one and used it many times. Did the job and was comfortable to sleep in. Quality was good as is the side awning I still have. Mates have more expensive brands but i reckon the kings one are just as good and half the price. Picked mine up from the warehouse so don't know anything about dodgy shipping. Only sold it as I don't have 15 minutes to spare to pack/fold it up at 5 am in the morning when in the bush. I just want to start detecting. Also trying to get the cover on and zip it up when its 0 degrees and your fingers are frozen isn't fun.  Now I just use a piece of chipboard and a $9 pump up mattress with a doona/sleeping bag and sleep in the back of the 4wd. Beds always setup and the detectors sit on top when traveling. Works for me.

Edit: Sorry I was referring to the fold-out rooftop tent, not the pop up one.

Jin
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2017-03-04

Back to top Go down

kings pop top quicky [roof top tent] Empty Re: kings pop top quicky [roof top tent]

Post  Redfin Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:27 am

This bloke reviews it pretty accurately.

Redfin
Redfin
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2013-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:25 pm

Thanks Jin and Redfin,that's a great help,I'll be using it a few times a year ,so I think he's right that it will last.
Even a few years down the track if it cracks and is out of warranty I think I could patch it ok,I'm pretty good with the old epoxy ,aluminium sheet and pop rivets

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1860
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down