Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Off topic-What we believe vs Census data

3 posters

Go down

Off topic-What we believe vs Census data Empty Off topic-What we believe vs Census data

Post  deutran Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:10 am

Found a very interesting web page with charts showing deaths worldwide from various causes.I was actually searching for Gun and Alcohol,terrorist related deaths to get some facts about gun control and was very surprised to see what we should really be concerned about.Just scroll down to the charts and let me know what you think.
https://ourworldindata.org/what-does-the-world-die-from
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Off topic-What we believe vs Census data Empty Re: Off topic-What we believe vs Census data

Post  adrian ss Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:07 am

Another interpretation of the charts.

Looks like near on all South Africans are likely to be Aids carriers.

There is almost zero homosexuality in Iraq. I wonder why considering that homosexuality is common world wide

Heart disease causes most deaths world wide. With cancer a close second.

Last edited by adrian ss on Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4344
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Off topic-What we believe vs Census data Empty Re: Off topic-What we believe vs Census data

Post  Detectist Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:56 am

Interesting tables.

I looked at suicide compared to road incidents. We spend a lot of attention/government advertising on road deaths and to my mind, perhaps not enough on suicide. China's road incidents is something to have a look at compared to other countries and the average. Suicide in Russia is quite high. The other notable one for me is the higher rate of cancer deaths in Canada compared to cardio-vascular disease.
Detectist
Detectist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:35 pm

I doubt the accuracy of those charts because there are millions of people in third world countries who die without ever being diagnosed by a doctor because they cannot afford a doctor or are no where near one.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4344
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down