Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

opal cutter and jewellery maker

3 posters

Go down

opal cutter and jewellery maker Empty opal cutter and jewellery maker

Post  pinfire Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:55 pm

Long time lurker, i have now taken the plunge and joined this informative forum. i hail from the Port Augusta region in the red desert of S.A. I have been cutting opal for over 15 years now, and have recently in the last 3 years started making sterling silver jewellery to compliment my stones cut. Not into doublets or triplets only solid Australian opals. Currently setting up my first business in opal, selling my pieces via an online store, which is a way off yet. Hoping to connect with like minded hobbyists, thank you very very much. Regards pinfire. Very Happy

pinfire

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2019-02-16

Back to top Go down

opal cutter and jewellery maker Empty Re: opal cutter and jewellery maker

Post  Kon61gold Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:25 pm

G'day pinfire, welcome to the forum.

I have no doubt that some of us here, have dabbled in the gemstone cabochon/faceting side of things, but being a Gold Detecting/Prospecting Forum, not much of the precious gemstone side is discussed on here. None the less, interesting hobby you have & best of luck business wise.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4500
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

opal cutter and jewellery maker Empty OPAL........

Post  sandy2010 Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:11 am

Hi Pinfire,
I did the opal cutting & polishing course in 'Pedy many years back and like yourself did a jewellery making course.....( I think the opal teachers name was Lou).
When we finally stopped travelling around Oz I set up in business in Albany WA........because Albany is a tourist spot we did well, also as a bonus I did jewellery repairs for the locals.

Cheers & beers.

sandy2010
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 821
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down