Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

letter of responce from welcome record(now i am angry )

2 posters

Go down

letter of responce from welcome record(now i am angry ) Empty letter of responce from welcome record(now i am angry )

Post  golden oldy Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:05 pm

can someone put up a picture of the article from the welcome record, I don't know how to do it sorry. In one part of the article she has stated that wombat agreed that the holes were made by detectorist. what has been written to me doesn't seem like a retraction at all, I could be wrong so don't yell at me if I am
Steve
golden oldy
golden oldy
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Back to top Go down

letter of responce from welcome record(now i am angry ) Empty Re: letter of responce from welcome record(now i am angry )

Post  Guest Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:01 am

Is this what your after?

https://www.dunollynews.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/TWR-Volume-33-Issue-47-INTERNET-12.12.18.pdf

https://www.dunollynews.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/TWR-Volume-34-Issue-1-16.01.2019-INTERNET-1.pdf

Back to top Go down

letter of responce from welcome record(now i am angry ) Empty Re: letter of responce from welcome record(now i am angry )

Post  adrian ss Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:25 am

I find it difficult to believe that all of that resulted from a couple of pot holes in an ungrade dirt country road.
Talk about making mountains out of pot holes. Rolling Eyes ....For what reason did this occur. What was the intended aim of the original complaint? Was it to make gold detectorists appear to be environmentally undesirable and with the intent to have metal detectors banned from the gold fields??
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4344
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:49 am

Hi Golden Oldy
By reading the article I would say it is more of a apology and a retraction from the Welcome Records for using the shock photo. Not only did this discredit Vicky Frizzell but also the Editor of the paper. And they now have apologised for that. As I stated, Vicky was right in the regards to the detector holes in her article . But not for the holes used in the photo by the Welcome Records. The photo of the road in volume 33, issue 47 was the photo I took. This photo was taken on another road very close to the area of Vicky's report. But are not the detector holes that I found in Vicky's report. As I have stated, Vicky was right in her report, there was detector holes dug in the side of the dirt road. But not in the road shown in my photo or the photo used by the Welcome Records. I'm sorry to see that Vicky Frizzell credibility was put to question because her article was correct. It was the photo from Welcome Records that coursed the problem. And they have now apologised to Vicky and to their readers.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:05 am

Adrian when I spoke to Vicky Frizzell she informed me that her intentions was to but prospecting or prospectors in a bad light. But was hoping that the person that dug the holes would realise the era for their ways and to shame that person if others knew him or know of him. It was not to discredit prospectors, as she knows her town depends of prospectors to survive. In her walks she see's many a prospector out in the bush enjoying their hobby and she does not have a problem with that. It is when you get idiots that start digging up dirt roads that are being used almost on a daily basis that concerns her. She did not mean to course trouble to the prospecting community. That is why she also put in a reply to the article.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  golden oldy Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:27 am

all is good in the world, I thought I may have misunderstood what the article was trying to say, this should be the end of this story now seeing as that was an apology
All the best to everyone and lets hope it cools down soon so we can enjoy our hobby that we all love so much. Steve
golden oldy
golden oldy
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Back to top Go down