Hot Hot Hot

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hot Hot Hot

Post  Kon61gold on Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:23 am

G'day fellow prospectors

The weather forecast for Victoria is predicting some hot days ahead. Stay covered, stay well hydrated if out there swinging a coil & most importantly think safe, stay safe.
Take care out there everyone & happy holidays.

Cheers Kon. Q11 T14

Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 2907
Registration date : 2008-10-16

http://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Hot

Post  Reg Wilson on Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:53 pm

Currently 41 degrees under our back veranda here at Walmer in central Victoria. Too hot for detecting today, and for the next few days for sure.
Just added up the rainfall figures for 2018, and well down on the average.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 343
Registration date : 2012-05-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Hot Hot Hot

Post  Nightjar on Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:21 pm

Very mild here in the lower/mid west Oz, high 20°'s all over Christmas at Bremer Bay, 28° forecast for Perth today.
Was looking through an old diary recently and found some interesting info re: "Climate change."
New Years eve in Geraldton 1967 was working as a deck hand on a cray boat for a change after completing my fitting & turning apprenticeship.
We thought it was a little warm when we came back to shore. 114°F - 44.4°C looks like we had the pending change back then? Shocked
If you haven't gathered already, I'm a firm opposer to this planet heating/climate change con.
Seasons may be changing but planet is just going through a normal phase.

Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2172
Registration date : 2008-10-25

http://s4.zetaboards.com/Gold_Detecting/index/

Back to top Go down

Hot

Post  Reg Wilson on Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:34 pm

Sir David Attenborough and many others do not share your belief Nightjar. I guess you must have qualifications on which to base your conclusions.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  keogh on Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:32 pm

Maybe you need to look a bit deeper into the global warming fiasco Reg. lt is one big con job.

keogh
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2010-12-01

Back to top Go down

Hot

Post  Reg Wilson on Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:10 pm

I tend to think it is best to ere with caution. I don't hold much credence with conspiracy theories. Some people still say the moon landing was faked.
The CSIRO and many other scientific bodies know more than I do, so I guess that will do for me.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Bahaaaaa

Post  Ivan N on Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:20 pm

Sir Attenborough, this bloke believes the whole world and everything in it, created itself. Sorry people like him are r******d to say the least, and everything that comes from his mouth is b******t or based on it, climate change, why are many of Australia`s heat records still standing, from 60+ years ago, it`s just cycles of the earth, what was Australia`s climate 300 or 400 or even 500 years ago, we don't really know, so how can anyone proclaim they have all the knowledge, it`s b******t from the sir of b******t.

Ivan N
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2017-09-16

Back to top Go down

Hot

Post  Reg Wilson on Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:23 pm

Harsh words Ivan. Can you back them up with something scientific?
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:21 pm

G'day fellas

Lets try to keep things within perspective here & not let it get out of context.  Harsh words indeed Ivan. Just because David Attenborough has his own beliefs (through his own research) on how the world & everything in it was created, doesn't make him retarded/stupid, for he's only stating what he believes to be the case. He's certainly not demanding you or anyone-else for that matter, to believe in what he believes in, as being true.
 A belief is nothing more than a belief, until scientific fact proves it otherwise & each man has the right to state their case/findings as they see it first, until proven else-wise by another.
Everyone here has the right to believe in what ever they want, but it is only through proven fact, scientific or not, that gives a belief credibility.

Kon  T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:40 pm

Look up Precession Of The equinox and you will discover what is causing global warming (in some places, Cooling in others).
We only have to look at how much the temperature and rainfall changes during the seasons.
When the sun is low in the sky the temp cools and as it climbs towards summer the temp rises.
The Precession of the equinox is causing these angles of the sun in the sky between summer and winter to change significantly during the 26000 year precession cycle just as it has for bazillions of years. We still have around 5000 years to go in the current warming cycle when it is going to become even warmer no matter how much pollution we pump or do not pump into the atmosphere.
Australia could cease all pollution creating activity tomorrow and there would be no measurable difference in the global pollution and warming level. We are insignificant on a global scale where pollution is concerned and no matter what we or any other country does in futile efforts to lower global temperatures, the temps will continue to rise for another 5000 years or so after which it will begin a cooling cycle that will continue for 12000 years and if humanity is still here by that time we will be bellyaching about it being too cold.

The worlds ice caps and glaciers have been melting due to the current cycle of the Precession Of The Equinox long before humanity ever started industrial polluting activity of the atmosphere.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1859
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Hot

Post  Reg Wilson on Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:42 pm

Adrian, The Milankovich theory does not explain the rate of temperature increase that is now occurring.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:27 am

Hi Reg.
I did not know about the Milankovich theory.
What I wrote is just my own thoughts. They are not based on anybody else.s ideas.
One other notion that I have is that the pole ice caps are going to re locate rather than just melt away.
The more ice that melts the faster the remaining ice will melt and as the earth tilts the ice will reform away from the current location by a distance dependant on the amount of angular change to the earth,s axis of rotation as a result of the Precession.
What ever the case may be I and probably the rest of us will not be a round to long enough to see it all happen.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar on Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:57 am

If you look at the printed facts dating back you will see.
https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/result?q=Hottest+day+on+record+in+Perth

For what ever reason today's scientists are brainwashing the public with their doomsday reports. You only have to read how much "pollution" is released into the atmosphere with every volcanic eruption to realise that reducing man made pollution will help but not greatly.
Of course it is a two way argument and always will be, for and against.
Google is wonderful but who do you believe?
https://www.wwf.org.uk/updates/10-myths-about-climate-change

If scientific evidence is true, they say our indigenous Australians walked onto this great land before 40/50 thousand years ago then the sea levels rose cutting off Asia from Australasia?

All this aside, we used to go prospecting through too November, but season change altered all that now we give it away in September/October. Very Happy

Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:22 pm

G'day fellas.

Change, like evolution, is inevitable. The earth & all its inhabitants, cannot evolve without change.
In today's times, believe little of what you hear & half of what you see, for even seeing what seems to be, is not always the case.
We can't predict from day to day whats going to happen in our own personal live's, not alone trying to predict whats going to happen to the world, in the near future? Shocked Q35
Human intervention towards nature is one thing, but the mysterious forces of nature, is another.
Whether for the good or bad of mankind, nature always finds a way, of sorting everything out.  Shocked  What a Face  

Enjoy the New Year everyone
Cheers, Kon Q11 T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  pablop on Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:19 pm

Heavy, heavy Kon, but so true.  All the best to all for the coming year.
pablop
pablop
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2015-01-17

Back to top Go down

Hot

Post  Reg Wilson on Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:38 pm

Currently 43.3 and still climbing at Walmer. (between Castlemaine and Maldon) It was 40 at midday.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:36 pm

Currently 44 degrees in Bendigo & 40 in Melbourne. It's been a scorcher to say the least. There is a much cooler change predicted for tomorrow. Fingers crossed no fires take hold.

Kon. Q11 T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Hot

Post  Reg Wilson on Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:11 pm

I'll drink to that Kon (literally)
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:38 pm

On days like this, the best thing anyone can do, is to keep up the fluids Reg Laughing

Cheers Kon. Q11  T14
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  AraratGold on Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:46 pm

You Victorians are soft, for a few hours it has topped 40 in Melbourne. Rolling Eyes
It has been over 40 for the last 11 days in Alice Springs, and the last 18 days in Marble Bar, including a 49.3 day !  Shocked

Harden up princesses !   Laughing  LOL

Rick
AraratGold
AraratGold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  rockhunter62 on Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:37 pm

AraratGold wrote:You Victorians are soft, for a few hours it has topped 40 in Melbourne.  Rolling Eyes
It has been over 40 for the last 11 days in Alice Springs, and the last 18 days in Marble Bar, including a 49.3 day !  Shocked

Harden up princesses !   Laughing  LOL

Rick

Have to agree with you there Rick, I think that today has been the only day below 40 in the last 2 to 3 weeks, 35 today. Meekatharra/Sandstone area.

Cheers

Doug
rockhunter62
rockhunter62
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2016-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:48 pm

Had 39 in the shade today in my back yard and still 36 at 7:45pm. Inside the house is 31 , we donot have aircon.
Pretty hot for Canberra.
My sister said that it was 45 in Wangaratta, so this heat is spreading itself around a bit. Hope tomorrow is a cooler.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar on Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:22 pm

Reg Wilson wrote: many others do not share your belief Nightjar. I guess you must have qualifications on which to base your conclusions.

Reg,
Many others "do" share my belief, the only qualifications I have is to be not conned by the "Climate Change Brigade."
Try Googling Trove and other sources that produce factual information through the ages, we have "Seasonal Changes." The planet is no way doomed because of man made emissions, man made conflict will end this world!
It is summer and areas across Australia are experiencing "Summer" temperatures, nothing new there.
We are waiting for summer to begin in Perth.
http://www.weatherzone.com.au/wa/perth/perth

Next week, the week after or the week after, the summer temperatures with out doubt will hit the mid west (Perth) and the east coast will get some relief.
The Channel 7 weather reporter will wet her pants on Sunday relating to the final arrival of high 30's temperatures in Perth. (Media hype, nothing else.)

Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Hot

Post  Reg Wilson on Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:00 pm

You are entitled to your unqualified opinion Nightjar, but it is just that. An opinion.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep on Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:15 pm

This feed reminds me of the FOUR YORKSHIRE MEN skit by monty python,have a look on you tube Laughing
And yes it's a little warm everywhere,good ol summer.Keep your kool Laughing

CHEERS moredeep

moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Hot

Post  Reg Wilson on Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:07 pm

Yes moredeep, pretty hot in Castlemaine. A bit too hot for detecting. I thought Rick lived in Beaufort. Isn't that in Victoria?
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:41 pm

Q11  Ahh, Chilled to the bone fellas. It don't get any better than this. (less when I'm into scotch) Shocked  Q35   Cheers gents  Q11  

Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Hot

Post  Reg Wilson on Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:11 pm

Now that you are in Bendigo Kon, may I suggest you try some of the local brews. Brookes Bendigo Drought is well worth a try or the range of Shedshaker beers from Castlemaine are also excellent. If you enjoy a beer, then your move up here has been a wise choice. Cheers.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:25 pm

Sure do & will give them a go next time I'm down at the local pub Reg . I'v loved my Carlton draught since my 18th birthday. So far It's been the only beer that don't give me a hangover the following day. Laughing

Cheers Kon. Q11 T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:54 pm

Fellas, on another note, if we detectorists, don't see any other major developments in way of metal detector/coil technology within this new year or the next, it will all be but curtains for us Victorians. Natural gold nuggets are getting scarcer to find, by each passing day, even with the introduction of the GPZ 7000 & yes although the golds got to be there in the first place in order to find it, but hasn't the odd bit of gold, turned up here & there, over what was previously considered thrashed ground, with each new model detector release?

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum