Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

8"x6" Sadie vs 9"Elite Coil

+3
llanbric
Kon61gold
Camohunter
7 posters

Go down

8"x6" Sadie vs 9"Elite Coil Empty 8"x6" Sadie vs 9"Elite Coil

Post  Camohunter Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:46 am

Just seeing if anyone has compared the two coils ,I am looking at a coil for going over worked ground and would the 4500 GPX pick up small gold like a SDC2300 with either of those two coils?.

Camohunter
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2018-09-26

Back to top Go down

8"x6" Sadie vs 9"Elite Coil Empty Re: 8"x6" Sadie vs 9"Elite Coil

Post  Kon61gold Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:34 am

G'day Camohunter

I haven't compared the two coils (Advantage series vs Elite) but the answer to your last question is yes. Both coils will pick up the tiniest bits of gold when coupled to the 4500 & will give the SDC 2300 a run for its money. Keep in mind, elliptical coils similar in size to that of round, will produce a slightly more defined or sharper signal, than that of the round coil, with the round going slightly deeper on gold as targets get larger in size. Also, being such small coils with a much more concentrated pulse width field, tend to produce more ground noise as the ground becomes more hotter/mineralized.
The later made Elite coils, being of a newer design/winding configuration, should/would have the edge over that of the previous model/series.
"9 inch Elite coil performance on gold" (Youtube)

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4504
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  llanbric Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:39 pm

I have both the Sadie and the Elite 9". I reckon the 9" Elite will pickup smaller targets deeper, but the Sadie at 6" x 8" will get into smaller, confined spaces that the Elite 9" is too big for. My Elite 9" unfortunately has gone insane, sounding off big time over nothing, very noisy, I swapped over to the Elite 11" and everything is good again. Back to Coiltek it will go, I had to return an 11" Elite to the retailer for the same reasons earlier this year.

llanbric
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:22 pm

Elliptical coils do have the advantage of better manoeuvrability between obstacles, over that of rounds. If the 9 inch Elite round, picks up the smaller/tiny gold deeper than that of the "Sadie" Advantage series, just goes to show how much better, the smaller elite 9 inch round coil wire winding's are on the tiny stuff, but not good news at all to hear when you had to return both 9 & 11 inch coils for a noise issue. I wonder what could be the problem there? Sounds like they're ground overloading to me. V19

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  llanbric Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:49 pm

I don't know if it was ground overloading with the 11' as it was 600mm above the surface at times and still carrying on, shame really as my wife and I now own 5 elite coils between us, 4 of which work very well.

llanbric
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  koeh Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:58 pm

llanbric wrote:I have both the Sadie and the Elite 9".  I reckon the 9" Elite will pickup smaller targets deeper, but the Sadie at 6" x  8" will get into smaller, confined spaces that the Elite 9" is too big for.   My Elite 9" unfortunately has gone insane, sounding off big time over nothing, very noisy, I swapped over to  the Elite 11" and everything is good again. Back to Coiltek it will go, I had to return an 11" Elite to the retailer for the same reasons earlier this year.

For that reason I stopped buying Coiltek coils years ago
koeh
koeh
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2011-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:40 pm

A bit of common sense applies here fellas. Although it is an inconvenience stranded far out somewhere, with a brand new dud coil, but you guys know as well as I do, no major, renowned coil manufacturer, goes out of their way deliberately to sell you a lemon, sabotaging themselves or their business in the process, for they do want their customers coming back & although I'v experienced similar scenarios with not one, but all our major coil/detector manufacturers over the years, came across not one, who didn't go out of their way to rectify or replace the faulty Item. There's a bad batch of something (so to speak) which for what ever reason, goes undetected at times & ends up in the hands of the consumer. Nothing ever runs perfect all of the time & we just have to expect & allow for such.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:45 pm

I've had my share of noisy Coiltek coils,however when I did have issues it was hard to send them away as they certainly find gold.Service was excellent when needed.Mind you these coils are used vigorously for years on end and they do go the distance.
Hi Camohunter
I did some testing with the Sadie on the 4500 earlier this year and it will get tiny solids to just under 0.1g Ok.I used the 11"Elite mono and Evo 14"x9" as well and they both would equal this so I gather the new 12"x8" shouldn't find it too difficult as well.
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Camohunter Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:46 am

Thanks it looks like l will have to do look into it some more.

Camohunter
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2018-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  peterau Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:29 am

All the coils will find the gold, the trick you must be concerned most with, is to have gold under it.

peterau
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post  llanbric Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:43 am

llanbric wrote:I have both the Sadie and the Elite 9".  I reckon the 9" Elite will pickup smaller targets deeper, but the Sadie at 6" x  8" will get into smaller, confined spaces that the Elite 9" is too big for.   My Elite 9" unfortunately has gone insane, sounding off big time over nothing, very noisy, I swapped over to  the Elite 11" and everything is good again. Back to Coiltek it will go, I had to return an 11" Elite to the retailer for the same reasons earlier this year.

Coiltek exchanged my troublesome 9" elite.  Took it out the next day to a well thrashed area, it operated quietly, detected a solid ground  noise type of signal  which turned into a small sub grammer at 6".  Thank you Coiltek.

llanbric
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

VacuousEggplant likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  VacuousEggplant Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:08 pm

Coiltek exchanged my troublesome 9" elite.  Took it out the next day to a well thrashed area, it operated quietly, detected a solid ground  noise type of signal  which turned into a small sub grammer at 6".  Thank you Coiltek.

Did you deal with Coiltek directly, or through the business you bought the coil from?

EDIT: Just realised this thread was from 2018...

VacuousEggplant
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2022-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post  llanbric Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:14 am

I bought both the 9"and 11" elite coils at Maryborough, I had to exchange both coils several times, I got sick of the time being wasted and so contacted Coiltek, I had no problem dealing with them direct. I suspect that Coiltek had a dodgy batch of coils and knew about it, but were not going public with it.

llanbric
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  llanbric Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:03 am

llanbric wrote:I bought both the 9"and 11" elite coils at Maryborough,  I had to exchange both coils several times, I got sick of the time being wasted and so contacted Coiltek, I had no problem dealing with them direct.  I suspect that Coiltek had a dodgy batch of coils and knew about it, but were not going public with it.

My replacement 9" elite coil is now occasionally "knock" sensitive, not to the point of being unuseable, but a bit irritating.

llanbric
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down