FILL IN YOUR DETECTOR HOLES YOU &^%$#*^

Go down

FILL IN YOUR DETECTOR HOLES YOU &^%$#*^

Post  Guest on Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:26 am

Spent a week or so out at Pikes Hollow WA, and did ok on the gold but have to make a comment about the *^&%$ that was in the area about 2-3 weeks ago before we got here, this &^%$# left massive holes everywhere, all open and no attempt at all to even kick them in a bit. Mad

Every hill side and likely looking spot for miles had open large holes and some were quite literally craters, now I don't know whether or not this ^%$#* was actually getting gold or was digging mostly ground noises as there are a quite a few convincing ones to be had there, but seriously how hard is it really to kick the soil back in you clown

This is the very reason we are getting less and less access to these areas because of people doing this sort of thing, both myself and my mate were both amazed at the total lack of concern this person has for our bush and for other prospectors who will get the blame for this sort of disrespect, when there is nowhere we can go them maybe this clown will be happy.

Hopefully someone will know this %^$#@ and fill him in on how he should be doing the right thing for the sake of the hobby and other bush users.

cheers

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Re: FILL IN YOUR DETECTOR HOLES YOU &^%$#*^

Post  moredeep on Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:03 am

Same thing au-fever,went out yesterday near fryers town large holes left open ,I spent the majority of my time back filling.
I told VEAC reps that I do this on a regular basis,just to try and protect my hobbie ,fool me?
The human race is its own worst enemy! Mad

CHEERS MOREDEEP

moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  MacRob on Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:32 am

[quote="au-fever"]Spent a week or so out at Pikes Hollow WA, and did ok on the gold but have to make a comment about the *^&%$ that was in the area about 2-3 weeks ago before we got here, this &^%$# left massive holes everywhere, all open and no attempt at all to even kick them in a bit. Mad  

Every hill side and likely looking spot for miles had open large holes and some were quite literally craters, now I don't know whether or not this ^%$#* was actually getting gold or was digging mostly ground noises as there are a quite a few convincing ones to be had there, but seriously how hard is it really to kick the soil back in you  clown

This is the very reason we are getting less and less access to these areas because of people doing this sort of thing, both myself and my mate were both amazed at the total lack of concern this person has for our bush and for other prospectors who will get the blame for this sort of disrespect, when there is nowhere we can go them maybe this  clown will be happy.

Hopefully someone will know this %^$#@ and fill him in on how he should be doing the right thing for the sake of the hobby and other bush users.

Hi au-fever,

Over here in Vic we are currently fighting hard the government proposals to close off our access to State Forests where we detect. I think the same thing is in train in WA, the govt has resumed pastoral leases and parts of pastoral leases through out the Murchison, Pilbara and Midwest and want to convert them into parks run by indigenous rangers. A good percentage of these leases are gold bearing and they want to stop access to camping, fossicking and anything else it appears.

Our rights are under threat and we must be prepared to fight hard.

As for the non thinking fools who leave there holes open, I guess they don't care a stuff.

MacRob

MacRob
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 on Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:42 pm

Going back about 2002 we did very well at Pykes. But we did see a few holes left open even then. Those we saw we kicked the dirt back in but one bloke told me we shouldn't do that as it traps seeds and water. I agree that can happen but I still fill them in to prevent those holes being used against us to close land.

Cheers, Jim
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1577
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparrowfart on Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:26 pm

On a recent trip to tibooburra there were a lot of new holes every where, (this guy must get around), I reckon I filled in at least 100 for the 6 days I was there. I'm pretty sure most of them were ground noises as I detect there a lot and have a pretty good feel for the place.
 One hole was about 15ft X 10ft X about a foot deep. As Mrs SF and I sat having lunch looking at it I said "if I were 30 years younger I'd fill it in". When I came back for a cuppa a bit later she was slowly scraping the dirt back in the hole detecting as she went. So I got the big hoe and into it! she detected as we both filled soon we had it fixed although I was a bit sore for a day or two. Mrs SF got two bits off there so we thought it was a good trade. cheers
Sparrowfart
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 513
Registration date : 2010-08-14

Back to top Go down