GOLD! Help needed

Go down

GOLD! Help needed

Post  ROCKDOC69 on Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:12 pm

Now that I have your attention - This is to do with protecting our access and our rights to detect in Victoria. I need your help..

I am sure everyone is aware of the VEAC and the political motivations behind this report.

I am collating data and information to draft an ECONOMIC report on the benefits of prospecting in Victoria, especially in State Parks. As an example the report will cover;
1. Number of prospectors in Victoria.
2. Average spend per year (each prospector)
This is supplies, equipment. Unfortunately, Blood Sweat and Tears can't be measured... Very Happy
3. Interstate prospectors + average stay length + average spend in local economy
4. Local businesses in Victoria who rely on prospectors (this is broad and can cover caravan parks tour guides etc)
I know I can do an online survey via SURVEY MONKEY but this won't hold any water to the Greenie groups so I will be conducting a survey with an 'independent survey company' and then present the data. Any data already existing can be used as long as the source is credited.
Example: 2016-2017 data shows over 7,200 Miners Rights exist* (*EARTH RESOURCES SECTOR INDICATORS 2016-2017 published 07/2018 P8-9
SO - what do I need from you?
Your research skills - Do you know of any information or data already existing? Could be ABS, Vic business report, exploration report from company etc. If you know any company who offers prospecting tours/caravan parks who have data showing numbers etc. This would be useful as well- Pass on their details to me.
I don't need recommendations, I need hands on help. I am already trolling through reports and contacting authorities. If you have seen any information I can use, contact me and send me the link or report.

When the online survey is operational, I hope you all help by completing it and sharing it far and wide!!

Time to fight for our rights or we will lose our rights!

ROCKDOC69
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2011-04-21

http://www.russellhalden.com.au

Back to top Go down

Re: GOLD! Help needed

Post  moredeep on Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:47 pm

Hi rocdoc69,I remember completing a survey sometime ago ,I think it was- ?? parks Victoria,asking similar questions,
could have been two years ago,I'm very keen to help fill in another survey.

cheers moredeep

moredeep
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  MacRob on Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:27 pm

Rockdoc69, all the more power to you. We all need to get behind your effort to provide any information that can help. Businesses involved with prospecting should have information that would be helpful.

MacRob
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Sharkbait on Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:33 am

Hey Rockdoc,give Maryborough Caravan Park a call..they offer reduced rates for prospectors,so they would probably have a fair idea as to how many of us pass through their doors each year Rolling Eyes

They are great people there,and i'm sure they would be more than happy to help Very Happy
Sharkbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 770
Registration date : 2013-03-07

Back to top Go down

Thanks.

Post  ROCKDOC69 on Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:28 pm

Thanks for the good advice.
You are right, I will have to contact the parks and see what information they have (I'll make sure I have a hot shower afterwards). Was hoping to stay under the radar from them, but they should have some idea..
I will contact Maryborough caravan park and do the rounds with the others - cheers
ROCKDOC69
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2011-04-21

http://www.russellhalden.com.au

Back to top Go down