* BUSH USER GROUPS UNITED * Come on one and all and support this Facebook Group of Bush Users concerned about pending changes **

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Re: * BUSH USER GROUPS UNITED * Come on one and all and support this Facebook Group of Bush Users concerned about pending changes **

Post  Jen on Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:08 pm

One of the Tv ad’s

https://youtu.be/JyGEvVQ0Vgk
Jen
Jen
Management

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2017-06-16

Back to top Go down

Re: * BUSH USER GROUPS UNITED * Come on one and all and support this Facebook Group of Bush Users concerned about pending changes **

Post  Wombat on Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:31 am

Thanks Jen
Here is the link to the whole 3 videos on our Facebook page I hope the link works for everyone.

https://www.facebook.com/bill.schulz2/videos/2147660478592124/?t=2

wombat Wink

Management

Number of posts : 4504
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  MacRob on Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:30 am

Thank you Jen, I didn't know about the protest otherwise I would have made the effort to be there.

MacRob
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Jen on Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:30 am

MacRob wrote:Thank you Jen, I didn't know about the protest otherwise I would have made the effort to be there.

I didnt know until they put it up on facebook, about an hour before it started
They kept it pretty hush hush, they didnt want the greens to know

There are some videos about it, ( but they are linked to facebook )
plus win news was out there, i just can not find the vids
Anyone here seen them?
Or can link them here please
Jen
Jen
Management

Number of posts : 757
Registration date : 2017-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Wombat on Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:23 am

There is a big rally happening in Gisborne today at 2.00 pm. Meet up at Dixon Field on the Bacchus Marsh Rd. If you live out that way we need to support this rally.
wombat  Wink
https://scontent.fmel8-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/44987444_10155959073151305_884238937663471616_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent.fmel8-1.fna&oh=7c86de234df7785f7ee81b4745bb2558&oe=5C6FE02C

Management

Back to top Go down

VEAC appearing at PMAV Melbourne Tuesday 21st

Post  ttrash on Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:04 pm

Next Tuesday 20th 730 pm - 9 pm - tea & coffee supplied
All Saints Anglican Church Hall
ttrash
ttrash
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 651
Registration date : 2011-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Wombat on Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:47 am

As the elections are over the BUGU site will be fully concentrating on the VEAC Draft report and getting people to put in their submissions by no later than the 10th Dec. This is a must if we still want the freedom of our bush to do what we enjoy the most, prospect, without others telling us where we can and can not go.
wombat Wink

Management

Back to top Go down

Post  jrw on Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:05 pm

I have noticed that the VEAC site has been updated with some 2700 submissions.
http://www.veac.vic.gov.au/investigation/central-west-investigation
and
http://www.veac.vic.gov.au/investigation/central-west-investigation/submissions
I have not gone through the summary reports as yet.
JRW

jrw
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep on Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:52 pm

I read recently on the BUGU face book site that the central goldfield shire will be pushing for world heritage status,this will include places like talbot,dunolly, maryborough,bealiba etc
WHY WHY WHY,It's good old Aussie bush,no grand canyons,no massive lakes or rain forests just good old bush.If it were to succeed it would lock out every man, woman, dog and metal detector.
BUGU says feel free to contact the shire and voice your objections.

cheers moredeep

moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Wombat on Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:13 am

The PMAV met with the shire about 3 years ago to voice our concerns. The Council informed us that they were only interested in putting a World Heritage on some building within their shire. They also informed us that they will make sure that prospecting will still be aloud around the Goldfields. We dis-agreed to this, saying, if you get a World Heritage listing for the area you will not have a say about what goes on under a World Heritage classification. They just snubbed that comment off, saying that won't happen. As most of you may know, the Council got the sack just after that and a caretaker council put in place till 2020. The reason for all the Regional Shires are going after a World Heritage is to tap into the tourist trade. Our argument is where are the tourists now. I have not seen a bus load of tourists driving through Paddy's Rangers, or visiting Maryborough. The only tourist I see by the Bus load are people going to Sovereign Hill in Ballarat. Turning it into a World Heritage won't just bring in tourist to the GT. And what is stopping them from promoting the goldfields now to attract tourists without trying to turn it in to a World Heritage site?. You don't need to list it a World Heritage to increase tourists. (The answer is the glorified dollar) They get world grants to look after World Heritage sites.
wombat Wink

Management

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep on Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:37 pm

Thanks for that Wombat,a lot of fellow forum members may not be on facebook and may not have seen that feed/article.
hopefully the interim council and the new council will see through the BS of obtaining "world heritage status".
It's laughable as you say bus loads of tourist from overseas cruising around havelock reserve or paddy's ranges.
Don't think they would squeeze a bus through the streets of Talbot Laughing Laughing ,

cheers moredeep

moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  rockhunter62 on Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:48 pm

Back in 2016 the Etheridge Shire in North Queensland (Georgetown/Forsayyh area) were trying to get their area as a Geopark thru UNESCO. It was dropped because of public opinion. Maybe your local residents should speak up more.

Cheers

Doug
rockhunter62
rockhunter62
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2016-03-07

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8