* BUSH USER GROUPS UNITED * Come on one and all and support this Facebook Group of Bush Users concerned about pending changes **

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

* BUSH USER GROUPS UNITED * Come on one and all and support this Facebook Group of Bush Users concerned about pending changes ** - Page 8 Empty Re: * BUSH USER GROUPS UNITED * Come on one and all and support this Facebook Group of Bush Users concerned about pending changes **

Post  Jen on Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:08 pm

One of the Tv ad’s

https://youtu.be/JyGEvVQ0Vgk
Jen
Jen
Management

Number of posts : 830
Registration date : 2017-06-16

Back to top Go down

* BUSH USER GROUPS UNITED * Come on one and all and support this Facebook Group of Bush Users concerned about pending changes ** - Page 8 Empty Re: * BUSH USER GROUPS UNITED * Come on one and all and support this Facebook Group of Bush Users concerned about pending changes **

Post  Wombat on Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:31 am

Thanks Jen
Here is the link to the whole 3 videos on our Facebook page I hope the link works for everyone.

https://www.facebook.com/bill.schulz2/videos/2147660478592124/?t=2

wombat Wink

Wombat
Management

Number of posts : 4586
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post  MacRob on Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:30 am

Thank you Jen, I didn't know about the protest otherwise I would have made the effort to be there.

MacRob
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2010-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Jen on Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:30 am

MacRob wrote:Thank you Jen, I didn't know about the protest otherwise I would have made the effort to be there.

I didnt know until they put it up on facebook, about an hour before it started
They kept it pretty hush hush, they didnt want the greens to know

There are some videos about it, ( but they are linked to facebook )
plus win news was out there, i just can not find the vids
Anyone here seen them?
Or can link them here please
Jen
Jen
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Wombat on Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:23 am

There is a big rally happening in Gisborne today at 2.00 pm. Meet up at Dixon Field on the Bacchus Marsh Rd. If you live out that way we need to support this rally.
wombat  Wink
https://scontent.fmel8-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/44987444_10155959073151305_884238937663471616_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent.fmel8-1.fna&oh=7c86de234df7785f7ee81b4745bb2558&oe=5C6FE02C

Wombat
Management

Back to top Go down

* BUSH USER GROUPS UNITED * Come on one and all and support this Facebook Group of Bush Users concerned about pending changes ** - Page 8 Empty VEAC appearing at PMAV Melbourne Tuesday 21st

Post  ttrash on Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:04 pm

* BUSH USER GROUPS UNITED * Come on one and all and support this Facebook Group of Bush Users concerned about pending changes ** - Page 8 5b5ce510

Next Tuesday 20th 730 pm - 9 pm - tea & coffee supplied
All Saints Anglican Church Hall
ttrash
ttrash
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2011-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Wombat on Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:47 am

As the elections are over the BUGU site will be fully concentrating on the VEAC Draft report and getting people to put in their submissions by no later than the 10th Dec. This is a must if we still want the freedom of our bush to do what we enjoy the most, prospect, without others telling us where we can and can not go.
wombat Wink

Wombat
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  jrw on Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:05 pm

I have noticed that the VEAC site has been updated with some 2700 submissions.
http://www.veac.vic.gov.au/investigation/central-west-investigation
and
http://www.veac.vic.gov.au/investigation/central-west-investigation/submissions
I have not gone through the summary reports as yet.
JRW

jrw
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep on Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:52 pm

I read recently on the BUGU face book site that the central goldfield shire will be pushing for world heritage status,this will include places like talbot,dunolly, maryborough,bealiba etc
WHY WHY WHY,It's good old Aussie bush,no grand canyons,no massive lakes or rain forests just good old bush.If it were to succeed it would lock out every man, woman, dog and metal detector.
BUGU says feel free to contact the shire and voice your objections.

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Wombat on Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:13 am

The PMAV met with the shire about 3 years ago to voice our concerns. The Council informed us that they were only interested in putting a World Heritage on some building within their shire. They also informed us that they will make sure that prospecting will still be aloud around the Goldfields. We dis-agreed to this, saying, if you get a World Heritage listing for the area you will not have a say about what goes on under a World Heritage classification. They just snubbed that comment off, saying that won't happen. As most of you may know, the Council got the sack just after that and a caretaker council put in place till 2020. The reason for all the Regional Shires are going after a World Heritage is to tap into the tourist trade. Our argument is where are the tourists now. I have not seen a bus load of tourists driving through Paddy's Rangers, or visiting Maryborough. The only tourist I see by the Bus load are people going to Sovereign Hill in Ballarat. Turning it into a World Heritage won't just bring in tourist to the GT. And what is stopping them from promoting the goldfields now to attract tourists without trying to turn it in to a World Heritage site?. You don't need to list it a World Heritage to increase tourists. (The answer is the glorified dollar) They get world grants to look after World Heritage sites.
wombat Wink

Wombat
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep on Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:37 pm

Thanks for that Wombat,a lot of fellow forum members may not be on facebook and may not have seen that feed/article.
hopefully the interim council and the new council will see through the BS of obtaining "world heritage status".
It's laughable as you say bus loads of tourist from overseas cruising around havelock reserve or paddy's ranges.
Don't think they would squeeze a bus through the streets of Talbot Laughing Laughing ,

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  rockhunter62 on Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:48 pm

Back in 2016 the Etheridge Shire in North Queensland (Georgetown/Forsayyh area) were trying to get their area as a Geopark thru UNESCO. It was dropped because of public opinion. Maybe your local residents should speak up more.

Cheers

Doug
rockhunter62
rockhunter62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2016-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Wombat on Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:28 am

As most of you would have now heard that the VEAC final report and recommendation have been submitted to the State Government. And it is not good for most bush users in some way, specially prospectors and hunters.
BUGU has been working hard behind the scenes on how we can demonstrate and show our discontent of their final report.
So BUGU have now organising a mass rally and march for all Bush Users for Tuesday the 27th August starting at 12.30. Meeting point is the Treasury Gardens and then marching up Spring St. to Parliament House, where we will be met by like minded Politicians that are supporting our course.
We hope to have logging trucks, 4 wheel drives, trail bike riders, horse riders, prospectors, dog walkers, rock climbers and all other bush users and groups. This will be more than likely our last chance to express our discontent, anger, and our disbelief that VEAC have not recognised that most, if not all bush uses, do not what change that would affect most bush users in general by statement of their submissions. Victorian Government have until Feb next year to vote on this.
I know it is a week day, but Parliament only sits 3 days a week on a week day. And the parliament press gallery are also only there for the same period of time. So please everyone BUGU needs your support, and to be there, as it is your recreational enjoyment and your bush that is being affected. This could be our last chance for change.
wombat Wink

Wombat
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep on Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:36 pm

Any chance this can be posted on the other prospecting forums to get the numbers up?
By the way I'll be there! Mad

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:39 pm

Isn't it fascinating the way we as humans think that this planet and all it has to offer is ours and ours alone.
We are late arrivals and we will be early leavers.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2044
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep on Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:45 pm

Not sure from a prospecting point if a detector and a pick will be the demise of the world Adrian.
I won't add fuel to your fire by commenting any further.

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:41 am

From a prospecting point of view you are probably correct but from a species point of view I reckon we will not be around very long.. We are too busy trying to overpower each other...especially from the "Shiny Bums" out of touch point of view.

Anyway moredeep, it, was only a little fire.....Fer starters. Laughing

Last edited by adrian ss on Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2044
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep on Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:14 am

no arguments here M8, I hear you and agree Smile

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Wombat on Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:17 am

* BUSH USER GROUPS UNITED * Come on one and all and support this Facebook Group of Bush Users concerned about pending changes ** - Page 8 Rally_10

AUG
We Want Our Bush Access Back
Public · Hosted by BUSH USER GROUPS UNITED and 7 others · 12 co-hosts pending [?]

clock
Tuesday, August 27, 2019 at 12 PM – 2:30 PM
pin
Treasury Gardens
2-18 Spring Street, East Melbourne, Victoria 3002
Show Map
Hosted by BUSH USER GROUPS UNITED
Typically replies within a few hours
Message Host
Free

Wombat
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  jjbond on Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:27 pm

moredeep wrote:Any chance this can be posted on the other prospecting forums to get the numbers up?
By the way I'll be there! Mad

cheers  moredeep

I've done exactly that on this side of the pond, I've even challenged a few to step up and get the word out as some of us come down and play in Aus, the least we can do is support...

http://arizonaoutback.ipbhost.com/topic/14399-victoria-gold-fields-gone-possibly/

We'll see if they respond... anything that I can do on this side, let me know.... and don't forget folks... there's a link on the Facebook to the fundraiser (if this is the same effort, correce me if I'm wrong).

Jen
jjbond
jjbond
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2009-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Wombat on Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:33 am

Jen I went onto that link that you posted. And how can I thank you enough for your great effort and letting your follow countrymen know what is facing us right now. As you said many of your people come over here to detect some of best goldfields in the world, that we are trying to keep open for the whole world to enjoy. But at the moment we could be fighting a losing battle if we don't get enough support from everyone that prospects, horse rides, hunts, 4 wheel driving, rock climbs, trail bike rides. Even walks their dogs through the bush will be restricted or even banned under the new proposed National Parks . These are all under threat if we all don't stand together and unit under one flag (as they say)
So Jen "Thank You" again for your great effort in getting the word out around the world and across the seas.
wombat Wink

Wombat
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  jjbond on Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:44 am

Wombat wrote:Jen I went onto that link that you posted. And how can I thank you enough for your great effort and letting your follow countrymen know what is facing us right now. As you said many of your people come over here to detect some of best goldfields in the world, that we are trying to keep open for the whole world to enjoy. But at the moment we could be fighting a losing battle if we don't get enough support from everyone that prospects, horse rides, hunts, 4 wheel driving, rock climbs, trail bike rides. Even walks their dogs through the bush will be restricted or even banned under the new proposed National Parks . These are all under threat if we all don't stand together and unit under one flag (as they say)
So Jen "Thank You" again for your great effort in getting the word out around the world and across the seas.
wombat Wink

To say I'm dissapointed in them would be putting it mildly.... to say the least.... especially in light of how much we all celebrate the huge discoveries made there.... and I'm REALLY surprised/dissapointed no one in the business over here has even offered up a sexual intercoursing (yea, that word, rhymes with bucking, but doesn't usually involve horses, (certain areas in Alabama exempt from that disclaimer) penny.... there are people over here who routinely come down... oh well... silence is golden, you have a copy of my Vic Miners Right in my PMAV paperwork, if they ever open up voting on tourism gold, you let me know.... I stand by what I said earlier..... we don't deserve the joy and happiness your gold fields bring to those of us who come down and I'd be the first to vote to that affect ..(shhhh but please keep it open for Canadians... after all, we have the same queen.... NO SILLY, not Dame Edna, Queen Elizabeth)  Q35

It's the NIMBY complex... Not In My Back Yard... if it doesn't affect me, I'd rather talk about rattle snakes... well.... ok then..... when the tree huggers are at the edge of the Arizona Gold Fields, I'll be the one sitting over there beside you all, screaming "The next shout's on me boys n goyles"  as we sing the "We told you so" song...

This wont' affect me... I have private land and heaps of claims in BC should I have the need..... but, are you all ready?????  

All together guys n goyles???????.....   V07   V07

That's ok.... at least I can fall back on being born in Canada, so guilt by association only goes so far.... but stand by..... I have another round left in the chamber...  V01  I'm going to up the guilt trip a bit, now they've just embarrased me.... this is a challenge now.....  Q14

Jen
jjbond
jjbond
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

* BUSH USER GROUPS UNITED * Come on one and all and support this Facebook Group of Bush Users concerned about pending changes ** - Page 8 Empty My doggies want to get rid of feral cats too.

Post  jjbond on Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:56 pm

Well.... I came home today and one of my kids asked, "What's wrong Mum, you seem down".... I knelt down and whispered into his ear that I was just disappointment that my American friends had let me down on my challenges to help save the gold fields in Australia" To say he was gobsmacked would be an understatement, (picture below). He was clearly upset, (look at his face) stating "You mean that place called Victoria that you're always so happy and excited when you're packing to go to?"... Yes Sniper, that's the place.... "But mum, we have to do something, you were going to take me and my 4500 and eTrac, and both Gina and I know how happy you are when you go and how happy you are when you return, and how your work stress seems to not bother you when you know you're going detecting.. in fact, mum, my bruised ribs are almost healed, thank you for buying softer shoes" Sad

Later when we got home from work, the last thing I needed.. Gina wearing her favorite hat, and I had to explain the entire story all over again... and show her links to the threads and pictures of how pretty it was and how my American friends had disappointed me and instead are choosing to wait till it comes here, even the corporate/dealers I reached out to.... I showed them links with the pretty green pastures, and bunny rabbits in the fields and everything.

http://arizonaoutback.ipbhost.com/topic/14399-victoria-gold-fields-gone-possibly/?do=findComment&comment=76463

Her response "We can't let this happen, where will I get my new hat every year" (if you look close, you can see a tear in her eye)... I'm sorry Gina..... there's not much else I can do...  I told them all... it's in their hands now. I told them both Q30  and I went to bed..... a little bit later, there was a soft pat on the door and they both came in..... and Sniper said "Mum, if all your American friends aren't going to help your Aussie friends.... we will, besides Mum... we read that the money will also help get rid of those feral cats so Gina and I reached into our paw-ckets, we have a couple dollars you gave us for treats, and Gina and I agreed we don't need our vaccines this month.... we know you would say no, so we logged into our own Pawpal accounts and helped, cus we know how sad you are about your American friends... please don't be sad, we'll help save the gold fields ourselves.  Sad  Sad  Sad OMG... I was flabbergasted.... my dogs care more about the gold fields and the happiness they bring me, than my fellow American citizens.... what can I say... thank you both... and don't worry, you'll still get your vaccines, nice try....  tongue  

Gina, Sniper (who I lost a couple years ago, RIP angel) and I all wish we were there in person to help..... I'm not on Facebook and I do not permit them to be on the Internet, there's far too much Kitty Porn so please keep us all updated on the two threads here..... we all hope their contribution helps in some way.

* BUSH USER GROUPS UNITED * Come on one and all and support this Facebook Group of Bush Users concerned about pending changes ** - Page 8 Jennif10

* BUSH USER GROUPS UNITED * Come on one and all and support this Facebook Group of Bush Users concerned about pending changes ** - Page 8 Img_5210

* BUSH USER GROUPS UNITED * Come on one and all and support this Facebook Group of Bush Users concerned about pending changes ** - Page 8 Sniper10

Note: This post is passive aggressive guilt tripping to my fellow Americans... obviously my dogs don't speak to me.... sheeesh, they're Belgian Malinois, and as such, speak Belgian Malinois, not English. Wink
jjbond
jjbond
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Jen on Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:48 pm

Needing well over 10,000 plus people to help stop the closure of our bush

https://youtu.be/KtZOUGETzTE

Jen
Jen
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Sharkbait on Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:18 pm

Jen wrote:Needing well over 10,000 plus people to help stop the closure of our bush

https://youtu.be/KtZOUGETzTE

Pretty good video Jen..I for one will definitely be there. I only hope that we get 10,000,that would be sending a message if we do.
I would only hope that all the 4wd clubs,the trail bike riders,horse riders,even down to the casual hikers and genuine people that just love walking through the bush,can see that if we don't show our strength in numbers,we are done. This is serious,people..be there on the 27th of August!! cheers
Sharkbait
Sharkbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 820
Registration date : 2013-03-07

Back to top Go down

* BUSH USER GROUPS UNITED * Come on one and all and support this Facebook Group of Bush Users concerned about pending changes ** - Page 8 Empty Bush Users Groupes United

Post  Grandfather Johnson on Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:11 pm

Don't be naysayers……….. BE yea sayers…. C,Mon Stir ya mates ,ya family ,we gottsa have a go.

Grandfather Johnson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 365
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post  jjbond on Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:45 am

And don’t forget to toss a couple bucks into the groups Gofundme (if you can spare it) if you can’t be there in person to support.
jjbond
jjbond
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Wombat on Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:27 am

Q33  We need as much funds as we can get right now to try and pull this off.
wombat  Wink

https://www.gofundme.com/f/xtuq3-bush-user-groups-united

Wombat
Management

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next