Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rally against VEAC proposal for more Parks in the Triangle.

+2
moredeep
Travelergold
6 posters

Go down

Rally against VEAC proposal for more Parks in the Triangle. Empty Rally against VEAC proposal for more Parks in the Triangle.

Post  Guest Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:09 pm

PUBLIC LAND ACCESS PROTEST RALLY
Monday 11th. June- Maryborough 10.15 am
Everyone concerned about the ongoing loss of access to our public land  
is urged to attend this rally.

Venue: Goldfields Reservoir, Reservoir Road
(off the Maryborough/Ballarat Road – near Ripples Restaurant)

Win TV will be present so a show of strength is vital.
Prospecting, Hunting, Apiary, Horse-Riding, Firewood Collection, Camping, 4WDriving, Trail-Bike Riding, Mining, Timber Harvesting and even walking your dog will be prohibited or further limited if we don’t stand up
to this assault on our rights.
The State Government’s Victorian Environmental Assessment Council are currently conducting an “investigation: into public land use in 120,000 hectares including the Mount Cole State Forest, Wombat State Forest,
Wellsford State Forest and more.
In addition to this, Park Management Plans for many Goldfields Parks are being reviewed with a current recommendation that prospectors lose access to
another 10,000 hectares our traditional land.
There is a State Election this year and the Government needs to know that public land users are standing strongly together to protect
Public Access to Public Land
Bring your banners and signs. Tell your friends.
Help send a message to Government that
Enough is Enough!
Enquiries to Bill Schulz on 0419 008 548

Last edited by Wombat on Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:33 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Rally against VEAC proposal for more Parks in the Triangle. Empty Re: Rally against VEAC proposal for more Parks in the Triangle.

Post  Guest Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:19 pm

G’day Bill,

Have you got a day/time when you are doing this rally.

Cheers.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Rally against VEAC proposal for more Parks in the Triangle. Empty Re: Rally against VEAC proposal for more Parks in the Triangle.

Post  Guest Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:30 pm

Yer sorry Mike, some how I deleted that part of the info. I have now put up a new Flier with that info.
Wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Grandfather Johnson Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:09 pm

G'day Bill, Have all park/forest users been notified ? Is this PMAV wide, will they all be there, for something like this we need 100,s if not 1000,s not just a handful of locals, Cheers Bruce

Grandfather Johnson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:43 pm

Hi Bruce we have notified Horse groups 4X4 groups, I've contacted our local shooter supply shop to let other shooters know.All the detector supply shops know about it. On face book the article has been shared now, a few times, on other Face Book pages. So I'm hoping we get a good response on the day. I'm still letting other user groups know.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Grandfather Johnson Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:51 pm

Thanks Bill, I will be there with my little flag. Cheers Bruce

Grandfather Johnson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:01 pm

Grandfather Johnson wrote:Thanks Bill, I will be there with my little flag. Cheers Bruce

Q27
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:42 pm

It would be great to see this meeting have a lot of protesters turn up to show these idiots that the land is for everyone to enjoy and not lock everything up for a "green" vote.

All the best to all who will attend and show them your "voice"

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:51 pm

UNCLE BOB wrote:It would be great to see this meeting have a lot of protesters turn up to show these idiots that the land is for everyone to enjoy and not lock everything up for a "green" vote.

All the best to all who will attend and show them your "voice"

Thanks Mate we need all the support that we can muster. Q27
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:27 pm

I'll be there,but I won't have a banner with me as I cannot think of any thing that isn't "R" rated:x
united we stand

moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1853
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Travelergold Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:26 am

Wombat, cant be there, but has somebody organised a petition? I would love to sign it.

Travelergold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2017-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:43 am

Here is the Petition to print of and sign (get your fiends to sign as well) There is a return postal address at the bottom
Government will NOT take electronic petitions only paper ones. Double click on image for full view, then copy and print.
wombat  Wink
Rally against VEAC proposal for more Parks in the Triangle. Ccf10010

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:45 pm

Fantastic turn out at such short notice today.
congrats to the organizers .
Every one,please fire off an email to your local member of parliament voicing your concerns.

regards moredeep

ps ,went for a scratch after the rally a got a point 3 gmer:)
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1853
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Grandfather Johnson Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:51 pm

Yes Bill a great turn up for such short notice, did you do a head count I reckon around the 200 mark . yep short notice = great effort. T25

Grandfather Johnson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparrowfart Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:01 pm

It was quite good if a little cold. A good turnout. Hopefully a good result too.
Sparrowfart
Sparrowfart
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2010-08-14

Back to top Go down

Rally against VEAC proposal for more Parks in the Triangle. Empty Petition

Post  AuTitch Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:31 am

Hi Wombat,
I commend your efforts and I would like to personally thank you for what you are doing to raising awareness of this issue and a petition is a great idea. Along with the paper petition, have you considered starting a petition on the following web site change.org/en-au. With the aid of social media and since this issue has a potential to affect many bush uses and also the businesses that greatly rely on the maintenance of access to our bush we may be able to engage many more concerned Victorian citizen. Bush access isn’t only a matter for Victorians but for all Australians and via a digital petition we may be able to engage a very broad response. I for one would be more than pleased to sign both, share the digital petition on my social media feed and I know of many people that would be pleased to sign and share the electronic petition too. There are many prospectors with large social media followers which I’m sure would get behind this petition. Let’s make our voices heard.
AuTitch

AuTitch
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:59 pm

AuTitch great idea mate, but unfortunately the State government will not except electronic petition, as they say you could have cooked the book by just taking names out of the phone book.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:27 pm

Here are some photos of yesterday rally and also 2 TV news reports. These are on face book.
wombat  Wink

https://www.facebook.com/9NewsCentralVictoria/videos/1876762212616733/

https://www.facebook.com/WINNewsBendigo/videos/1910116935707082/

Rally against VEAC proposal for more Parks in the Triangle. P1030819

Rally against VEAC proposal for more Parks in the Triangle. P1030818

Rally against VEAC proposal for more Parks in the Triangle. P1030821

Rally against VEAC proposal for more Parks in the Triangle. P1030820

Rally against VEAC proposal for more Parks in the Triangle. P1030817

Rally against VEAC proposal for more Parks in the Triangle. P1030710

Rally against VEAC proposal for more Parks in the Triangle. P1030712

Rally against VEAC proposal for more Parks in the Triangle. P1030711

Rally against VEAC proposal for more Parks in the Triangle. P1030714

Rally against VEAC proposal for more Parks in the Triangle. P1030812

Rally against VEAC proposal for more Parks in the Triangle. P1030813

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:01 pm

Just letting everyone know that we have now created a new Face Book page to deal with the State Park issue. This way it will free up all the PMAV sites so they can carry on with other business and not clogging up the works.
The new site is Called" Bush Users United" all are welcome to join and to keep up to date with the State Forest fight.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/453169665130507/?multi_permalinks=453182695129204&notif_id=1528860881520182&notif_t=group_activity

Wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:33 pm

Good on ya Bill & to all the organisers/various club members & people who participated in this worthwhile event, for the action, always speaks louder than words.
By the way, was that "Millsy" I saw in that chair holding/waving the Eureka Flag?

Cheers Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4500
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:10 pm

Kon61gold wrote:Good on ya Bill & to all the organisers/various club members & people who participated in this worthwhile event, for the action, always speaks louder than words.
By the way, was that "Millsy" I saw in that chair holding/waving the Eureka Flag?

Cheers Kon T25
No Kon. It was Grandfather Johnson, mate
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:50 pm

Thanks Bill. The side profile fooled me. Me thinks its time to upgrade my reading glasses, Shocked Q35

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Grandfather Johnson Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:22 am

Year I reckon Kon ,I'm a tad heavier than Tony, Cheers

Grandfather Johnson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:04 am

Kon61gold wrote:Thanks Bill. The side profile fooled me. Me thinks its time to upgrade my reading glasses, Shocked Q35

Cheers Kon. T25

Hey Kon you should have gone to "Speck Savers" Q34 Q35 Q24
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:11 pm

My apologies for the poor misinterpretation of mistaken Identity there Grandfather Johnson. Its been some time since I saw Tony last.
Bill, would you believe 6 weeks back I had two pairs made at Specsavers, but for driving purposes only (a pair of anti-glare Polaroids & a pair of clear for TV watching) but was asked if I wanted a pair of reading glasses as well, of which I said no to because, I was comfortable using the standard $25 pair (2.25 x reading glasses) off the shelf.
Looks like back I go for a pair of reading glasses better suited to each eye, before I start seeing things that aren't there hey? Shocked Q35

Cheers gents. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Grandfather Johnson Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:53 am

No worries at all Kon all is good, I make small mistakes on a daily basis lol! Cheers Bruce

Grandfather Johnson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down