Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have we been moved to new domain ???

+9
flyspecks
piston broke
Axtyr
pablop
kevlorraine2
boobook
Jin
xmas tree
Sharkbait
13 posters

Go down

Have we been moved to new domain ??? Empty Have we been moved to new domain ???

Post  AU_Toe Tue May 01, 2018 8:26 am

G'Day Admins

We are now using a new domain -> forumotion.net

Did you know about this ???

AU_Toe
AU_Toe
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2014-02-09

http://ozgold.itis.nu/

Back to top Go down

Have we been moved to new domain ??? Empty Re: Have we been moved to new domain ???

Post  Kon61gold Tue May 01, 2018 9:31 pm

Sure do AU_Toe, for I was the one who updated it to a more advanced package. The forum now has a lot more storage space & ads should be disabled for both members as well as guests. 4umer.net was created through golddetecting.forumotion.net as a basic free forum package. The basic free package, has now been updated to a more advanced package, offering a few extras such that mentioned above, in which I believe to be of benefit, towards further enhancing this forum to all members.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4500
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Have we been moved to new domain ??? Empty Re: Have we been moved to new domain ???

Post  piston broke Wed May 02, 2018 8:41 am

Thanks for doing that Kon61gold. cheers Pete.
piston broke
piston broke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1633
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Sharkbait Wed May 02, 2018 11:54 am

Many thanks for the upgrade Kon Q36 Nice to see an ad-free forum Q21
Sharkbait
Sharkbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2013-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 02, 2018 8:43 pm

Yes it's all good now, but I had to get a new password for some reason since the change, did anyone else have the same problem?

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Have we been moved to new domain ??? Empty new domain

Post  xmas tree Wed May 02, 2018 9:04 pm

Yes. I also had to enter a new password , etc. xmas tree.

xmas tree
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2016-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Wed May 02, 2018 10:00 pm

Interesting? My password did not change, neither was I notified of such a requirement. My password remained the same as what I was using in the past when logging on. It might be an automated thing for all members, due to the change to the updated plan?

Kon T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 02, 2018 11:21 pm

Yes, I had to get a new password as well.
Still trying to figure out how to change password?

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Thu May 03, 2018 1:02 am

Get into your "profile" Bob, under "Registration Information"  Then  update or change your password, then confirm it & save. Re-register with the same username, email, but change password "if" need be.

Cheers Kon.  T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Jin Thu May 03, 2018 7:50 am

I use Roboform to store all my passwords. Because the forum address changed had to log on manually and save it to Roboform again. Didn't notice that the forum had a new address, so thanks for pointing that out.

Jin
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2017-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 03, 2018 8:48 am

Kon61gold wrote:Interesting?  My password did not change, neither was I notified of such a requirement. My password remained the same as what I was using in the past when logging on.  It might be an automated thing for all members, due to the change to the updated plan?  

Kon T25  

For anyone that is having trouble.

I went to "forgot my password" and had a new one sent by email, log on with that one and then go to "Profile" and use the new password to change your password to what ever you want it to be. Then all was good.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  boobook Thu May 03, 2018 9:21 am

Same user name, same password.
In fact I was unaware that anything had changed (don't even notice it in myself, but the missus does Sad )
Mike

boobook
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2011-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Thu May 03, 2018 10:05 am

Thanks for pointing that out Dave. Still not sure as to why it was necessary to have passwords changed for some & not for others, but now that its been explained, for any other member who might be experiencing the same, follow the above advice. Hopefully all will be sorted out over time. My apologies for any inconvenience/concern this might have caused fellas.

Kon. T25

Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  kevlorraine2 Thu May 03, 2018 11:02 am

kon - had to register a new password also.

possible reason for some and not for others ----- i was on the forum previous to creation of 4umer.com ---- maybe more recent joiners are the ones who dont have to re-register. just a guess ... kev

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  pablop Thu May 03, 2018 11:43 am

Same ID and password for me, but had to log in again.
pablop
pablop
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2015-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  AU_Toe Thu May 03, 2018 11:54 am

Are you guys ticking the box 'Keep me logged in' ?
AU_Toe
AU_Toe
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 03, 2018 6:03 pm

AU_Toe wrote:Are you guys ticking the box 'Keep me logged in' ?

Yes, both before and after the change. Anyhow I reckon it's a great improvement, not having the adds everywhere, they were getting very annoying, and I wish a lot of other web sites would do the same, it's just getting way over the top now I reckon.

Thanks for doing this Kon.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Axtyr Thu May 03, 2018 7:00 pm

No trouble logging in at all.

Thanks for the upgrade Kon, it makes a big difference.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  piston broke Fri May 04, 2018 8:54 am

Is there a cost to the forum for using this new Domain? I was under the impression that Advertising paid this cost. Anyone? cheers Pete.
piston broke
piston broke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1633
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  flyspecks Fri May 04, 2018 11:20 am

NUP, no problems with password, just had to log in again. Everything good. Smile Smile
flyspecks
flyspecks
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 988
Registration date : 2011-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Fri May 04, 2018 12:43 pm

There is a small cost for running the private domain upgrade Pete, but the price of a couple of grams of gold per year, doesn't change the time of day for me & will be more than worth it, to all our members in the long run. All advertising on this forum has been free of charge & will continue to be free of charge, as long as it falls within the guidelines associated with the gold detecting/prospecting side of this forum.  I ask not, nor expect anyone here to contribute, to any part of any running costs, associated with the running of this forum.
Business is to continue as usual. Very Happy  T06

Cheers Kon. Q11 T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  AU_Toe Fri May 04, 2018 1:04 pm

G'Day Kon

What a fantastic attitude mate Laughing

You know that google is going to 'punish' you in terms of SEO for not having Ad. dont you ?

Not that I want to put you off !!!

I manage the hosting for more than 50 web sites & we have never had ads., a few years back we noticed that our SEO had dropped away a lot, went from sites being on the 1st page to pages 5-10.

If I now search for one of our domains in google eg. xyz.com.au they are no longer in the indexes & all of our sites are mobile aware CSS3 & HTML5 so nothing to do with that. So much for googles 'Do no harm', Im guessing that should be 'Do no harm when you are making billions'

I would guess that 99.9999 ... of ppl on here heard about this forum from a mate, which is how I found out so it is not going to effect you.

Keep up the good work.
AU_Toe
AU_Toe
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Have we been moved to new domain ??? Empty RE: HAVE WE BEEN MOVED TO A NEW DOMAIN/

Post  dundiggin Sun May 13, 2018 10:42 pm

About a week or more ago I tried to log on but was rejected and after reading the posts I tried different password which did not work,,, tried different user name with same result,,, tried re-registering and that didn't work... Feeling out in the cold I gave everything a rest for days, and when checking e-mail recently I saw a post from the forum with my new user name and password which as you can see have got me on... I'm far, far from being a computer whizz and at 85 I'm noyungan and thus I have dundiggin !! I love this forum, I have had a lot of help from many contributors , but perhaps with my name and password change I'll lose the number of posts recorded.. But have a laugh at my predicament but I am on the air again.... Thank you for all the helps..... dundiggin lol! lol! lol!

dundiggin
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2018-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post  big fella Mon May 14, 2018 9:57 pm

Gday Dundiggin. Hey I reckon if more people had a great attitude and personality like you have then the wold would be a better place. Keep up the good work.
Regards big fella
big fella
big fella
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 550
Registration date : 2011-06-15

Back to top Go down

Have we been moved to new domain ??? Empty RE: HAVE WE BEEN MOVED TO A NEW DOMAIN/

Post  dundiggin Mon May 14, 2018 11:02 pm

Hi big fella,,
Your estimation of me was very kind and I can perceive that like me you get a bit browned off by the sniping and unwarranted hurtful criticisms that seem to abound in our world today and have occurred even on this forum,, and it's faith building to notice how management pulls the perpetrators into gear..
Our hobby takes us out to the wide, beautiful, wonderous outdoors and occasionally we receive a sample of nature's beauty in the form of a piece or nugget of gold which , in its self, is beauty to behold.. Wish there was more of it..Prospecting can be hard work but that doesn't make it okay for one to develop a negative attitude to our prospecting brothers regardless of their successes and,, or ,, our disappointments... But I think we all agree we need a more loving, equitable world..
Have a great day Big fella...... Q39 Q39 .....dundiggin

dundiggin
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2018-05-12

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum