Aftermarket for GPZ

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Re: Aftermarket for GPZ

Post  davsgold on Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:31 pm

Been using the 18" after market coil on the GPZ7000 now for a few days, mostly going over some areas where the 14"GPZ coil was very successful, nothing big and deep has been found, the biggest was today, a 4.75 gram piece, with some still attached red  matrix, the coil has been running well and can be used all day just like the original 14" coil with out arm fatigue.  The benefit so far has been the extra ground coverage, I can only hope to swing over a big deep one. Smile

4.75 gram piece

cheers dave
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 5550
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Stan O on Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:33 am

Hi Dave,

Beautiful piece of gold, good work! Though it's not a monster lurking down deep it still is a nice find by today's standards. Like you've written in the email, I too noticed the new coil being more sensitive and able to pick up targets further from the edge than the standard coil. I found it helped a lot getting under bushes and patch-hunting. Good luck out there and looking forward to seeing more of your finds.

Stan O
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2018-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold on Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:16 pm

Thanks Stan, the coil is going good, still nothing big n deep, but I have found 55 nuggets varying in size for 36 grams since I started using this coil, that for a bit over a weeks detecting.

cheers dave
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 on Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:16 am

still proving to be a good thing eh would like to see how it goes in NQ keep up the good work fellas Very Happy and keep us posted

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  davsgold on Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:50 pm

Been out detecting and using the aftermarket coil some more, and alternating between the 14" GPZ, both coils work well and seem to be getting the same gold, the extra coverage of the 18" coil is a benifit and it's way lighter than the GPZ19" coil.

The biggest nugget I found with the 18" aftermarket coil was a 4.14 gram at around the 8" mark, that's not deep you say, but the ground was extremely noisy and had been gone over with the 14"GPZ coil previously and may have just been missed as this can certainly happen.

I never even tried to do comparisons, as it's a lot of bother to carry or go back to camp and change coils etc, all I know is both coils work well and respond very well to targets.

A picture of the 4.14 gram nugget.

cheers dave
davsgold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:38 pm

Nice going there Dave, well done. I did say in one of my previous posts, the weight advantage factor alone, coupled to ground coverage, make this new 18 inch GPZ coil, well worth investing in.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 2668
Registration date : 2008-10-16

http://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 on Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:11 am

good work mate Very Happy

joe82
Contributor Plus