Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aftermarket for GPZ

+36
the hill folk
Rockwall
flake
CDave
Hermann
Reg Wilson
Alan WA
moredeep
Nightjar
echidna
adrian ss
AraratGold
Martin R
joe82
Stan O
jasong
kiwijw
alchemist
Ismael
goldquest
geof_junk
Jonathan Porter
Mechanic
WF2.0
Travelergold
toptigin
gef50
spook
slimpickens
Kon61gold
Digginerup
Qld Sandy
mbasko
flyspecks
goldtalkleonora
NeoGeo
40 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Aftermarket for GPZ - Page 9 Empty My 10x9 X-coil experience

Post  CDave Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:59 pm

Hi all, I am sharing my 10x9 x-coil experience in appreciation to Stan O, Toptigin, davsgold, Kon Travelersgold and others for bringing these coils to my attention. (I have not met any of them)

I wanted an even better alternative to the SDC 2300 (and GPZ 14) for finding that (oh, so important and usually small) first piece of gold in hot, difficult to swing ground conditions. It’s been obvious to us all that a smaller coil for the GPZ 7000 is needed and that would be the first thing to try.... The only way I would know for sure how a small coil for the GPZ 7000 would perform would be to take the plunge and buy one. As I’m far too wary, sceptical and negative for my own good, it was a courageous decision.... not taken lightly!
When I paid the deposit, the patch cable instructions followed in return email. I received regular updates as the order progressed, all pleasing and comforting! I paid the balance when the coil arrived in AU and it was in my hands a few days later. Total time about 3 weeks. The coil looks professionally built, definitely not assembled in someone’s backyard workshop.

Patch Cable: I was apprehensive about making the patch cable (gotta get it right first time) but I have some electronic soldering and cable terminating experience - it all went well.
The instructions need professional editing (Expect to re-read some Russian English) but everything is there and lots of photos.
I recommend clearing a workspace and going through a few dry runs. Also, clamping the cable and connector independently above the bench when soldering.
Removing the “enamel” insulation from around some of the wire strands took a lot of time. I used stainless steel wool to do it mechanically. Solvents did not seem to do anything. Besides, I did not want anything wicking up between the strands.

Testing: I was so anxious on first boot up and the first swing through the home paddocks, but it was all good. EMI resistance seemed good. Able to quantify this to some extent by seeing how close I detect up to the underground power cable to the house. SDC just under 3m, 10x9 about 3m, GPZ14 about 5m.

Test bed testing summary in quiet granitic soil on 7 nuggets 0.05g to 11.4g. All testing HY, Difficult, Gain 14.
The 10x9 went 30 to 70% deeper than the SDC on everything!
Superior performance to the GPZ 14 on small gold below 0.5g, equal or better on gold up to 5g or more, and 90% on the 14.5g nugget! It is not going to miss much!

Ground Coverage; don’t be deceived by the coil’s small physical size, the electrical field extends well beyond the coil edge compared to the SDC, GPZ 14 and 19. For example
The averaged virtual sweep width on 3 to 5g nuggets
       SDC 10x9 GPZ 14 GPZ 19
      350 510 570 603 mm
         69 100 112 118 ratio relative to the 10x9

In the worked out goldfields. Just 3 trips out for 1 or 2 small pieces each time – that is not bad for the GT these days! Only 1 piece ( 0.24g at 180mm plus leaf litter) would have been beyond the SDC or GPZ 14. There were numerous small shotties that should have been found previously and some deep steel. So, it will find missed gold... there is just not much of it, at least where I have looked so far. There is a price to pay – I am finding more hot rocks, but the sharp sound of a metal target is obvious.

Usability. With the 10x9 attached, the GPZ 7000 suddenly becomes a user friendly machine!!! It is nicely balanced. I can go all day without the harness, bungee or control rod. Minimum digging too, thanks to accurate pinpointing and small size - a big plus.

Conclusion The 10x9 x-coil is NUMBER 1, at least for my intended use.
I would consider the 12” for more open areas. And for the big open space, I am keen to see how the large coils perform....

I hope all this helps someone
dave

CDave
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2016-11-18

Back to top Go down

Aftermarket for GPZ - Page 9 Empty Re: Aftermarket for GPZ

Post  Guest Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:57 pm

CDave, thanks for your detailed report on the 10x9 X-coil

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  JDer Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:11 pm

davsgold wrote:
flake wrote:What price is the 15inch round

At this stage, from the small coil upto the 15" size coils are $1200, all coils have 12 months warranty and come with a skid plate and one spare skid plate, and the price includes postage.

Remember you need to make your own patch lead from either the GPZ14" or the GPZ19 coil these coils are operational again once the normal 5 pin inline female plug is soldered into the coil lead and a 5 pin inline male plug is soldered into the piece of coil lead that has the ML plug to either use an x-coil or reattach the  original GPZ coil.

The 15" spiral x-coil weighs 1375grams with a lower shaft attached, (which you swap from your existing coil) or buy the accessory lower shaft ML pack which has all the washers and bolts and lower shaft in the pack.

15" spiral round x-coil
Aftermarket for GPZ - Page 9 15_spi10

cheers dave

Hello Dave

Not sure where and how to buy those coils.
Thanks

JDer
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2019-04-06

Back to top Go down

Aftermarket for GPZ - Page 9 Empty availability

Post  JDer Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:19 pm

Thank you for all your time spent on testing.Decided to go for it but do not know where to buy
Cheers

JDer
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:46 pm

JDer wrote:Thank you for all your time spent on testing.Decided to go for it but do not know where to buy
Cheers

G'day JDer, where abouts in WA are U, I might be able to catch up with you there somewhere.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  JDer Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:26 pm

Kimberley /NT way .Does that help ?

JDer
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:11 am

JDer wrote:Kimberley /NT way .Does that help ?

thats a fair way from were we will be, Kalgoorlie Very Happy

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:31 am

JDer wrote:Kimberley /NT way .Does that help ?

Replied to your PM, hope you can get it, sometimes new members need 10 posts to use the PM system but I got yours so it might work.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:20 pm

Some small gold with the 12" spiral X-Coil from last week for a few days playing in VIC Very Happy

Aftermarket for GPZ - Page 9 Small_10
Aftermarket for GPZ - Page 9 12_inc13

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoffs Gold Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:43 pm

Great finds Dave and awesome to see the X-Coil pulling its weight.
Hoffs Gold
Hoffs Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2011-04-26

http://www.thebeardedprospectors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:05 pm

Two more X-Coils arrived today, 17"x12" elliptical, all set to go well on our goldfields here.

17x12 X-Coil
Aftermarket for GPZ - Page 9 X-coil11

17x12 Spiral X-Coil
Aftermarket for GPZ - Page 9 X-coil12

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:48 pm

I was sent this picture of the 10" coil and some of the gold found sitting on the coil, very recently. Very Happy

Aftermarket for GPZ - Page 9 10_inc11

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:45 am

congrats to the finder dave Very Happy these coils really seem to be taking off good stuff

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Travelergold Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:14 pm

Aftermarket for GPZ - Page 9 20191210
Went to chapel hill (adelaide hills) for 3/4 hr for a gold fix today. Picked up this little nuggy. Then health said thats it for today. Paying for it now but was enjoyable out there. Havent weighed it yet, its very flat.
Gpz7000 and 10" Xcoil. About 10 to 12" deep.

Travelergold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2017-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:42 pm

good nuggy mate well done Cool

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:01 pm

Well done Wally (Travelergold) nice nuggy, and glad you were able to get out, even if it was only for a short time, take it easy mate, and don't push yourself to hard, but I am glad your able to have a go now and again. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  piston broke Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:19 pm

Well done Travelergold. That's impressive at 10 inches Very Happy cheers Pete.
piston broke
piston broke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1633
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

Aftermarket for GPZ - Page 9 Empty X Coil

Post  colei Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:25 pm

Dave can you send me info on the coils also thanks mate.

Ian Cole

colei

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:56 pm

colei wrote:Dave can you send me info on the coils also thanks mate.

Ian Cole

Info sent Ian,

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9