Where Are The Forum Good Ole Days

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Where Are The Forum Good Ole Days

Post  adrian ss on Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:48 pm

Yeah health probs can be  a tangle in the line.
I need 2 new knees and a right hip and I could do with a kidney replacement. ( only have one ) It is down to 25% but what the hell, detecting is all I have left these days and so I will keep on keeping on for as long as I can walk and swing the tecta.

avatar
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1698
Age : 71
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Where Are The Forum Good Ole Days

Post  geof_junk on Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:38 pm

adrian ss wrote:Yeah health probs can be  a tangle in the line.
I need 2 new knees and a right hip and I could do with a kidney replacement. ( only have one ) It is down to 25% but what the hell, detecting is all I have left these days and so I will keep on keeping on for as long as I can walk and swing the tecta.


Same here adrian ss Health is a problem. I retired back in 2002 the first ten years were good (Kilos of gold). Between the wife and I medical problems have been very limiting. I,m over mine but the wife is not. Since 2016 the health fund has forked close to $300,000. So you can guess 3 or 4 months in WA is hard to plan or accomplished for that matter, but still planning.

This forum still get my visits.
avatar
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Where Are The Forum Good Ole Days

Post  GoldstalkerGPX on Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:08 pm

delapan wrote:Hey Pol, glad to c u are still up and about, regards, gazza

Cheers Gaz, still on heart meds (indefinately) but can't keep me down ay, be moving back to Vic at end of year for 12 months, will drop you an email soon.
avatar
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1730
Age : 94
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Where Are The Forum Good Ole Days

Post  swagman on Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:49 pm

Today is the only day that needs any thinking about as thinking about the past or future serves absolutely no purpose and as for facebook it has destroyed the internet and cultivated a short term thinking bunch of narccisistic twits I joined this forum about 6 years ago in search of information thats what most people do at the time I was thinking about garrett ls and after visiting the detector shop in charters towers when I was there on holiday about 6 years ago the informative fella there talked me into a minelab and after 6 years of procrastination I have the box in front of me on the table and am about to assemble my gpx 4500 I have belonged to quite a few different forums over the years having been on the net since 99 and am quite reluctant to post on forums for instance posting on a homebrew forum asking if anyone had made a specific type of chocolate stout first person to reply had never made a chocolate stout so yeah I only reply if I am able to help someone.
Cheers
Swagman
avatar
swagman
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Where Are The Forum Good Ole Days

Post  adrian ss on Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:56 pm

Those who pay no heed to the past are destined to repeat it.
  Everything we know today came from many yesterdays of the past.
True, the future does not exist today and the past is non existent but all that we know now was learnt in the past. How prey thee do we learn from the future??

I guess when we look at the stars at night we are looking at the unfolding future of all of those stars. The light that we see is light that has been emitted from those stars from their beginning and each night that we watch them we see one more day of their future until one night we will finally see the last light emitted.....that is already on its way to us. Suspect alien  First light has long since passed us by.

Ohhhhh Maaaaan that is deeeep. I T31 I need to rest my brain. Rolling Eyes
adrian ss


Last edited by adrian ss on Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1698
Age : 71
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Where Are The Forum Good Ole Days

Post  Minermike on Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:38 pm

Look at the stars   tonight , to morrow might  be too late .   Not many to see in Sydney  .....

Need to go for a trip in the bush , to see them all .


Last edited by Minermike on Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more info .)
avatar
Minermike
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1411
Age : 73
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Where Are The Forum Good Ole Days

Post  UNCLE BOB on Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:38 pm

adrian ss wrote:Those who pay no heed to the past are destined to repeat it.
  Everything we know today came from many yesterdays of the past.
True, the future dose not exist today and the past is non existent but all that we know now was learnt in the past. How prey thee do we learn from the future??

I guess when we look at the stars at night we are looking at the unfolding future of all of those stars. The light that we see is light that has been emitted from those stars from their beginning and each night that we watch them we see one more day of their future until one night we will finally see the last light emitted.....that is already on its way to us. Suspect alien  First light has long since passed us by.

Ohhhhh Maaaaan that is deeeep. I T31 I need to rest my brain. Rolling Eyes
adrian ss

Are you feeling okay Adrian?
avatar
UNCLE BOB
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1479
Registration date : 2010-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Where Are The Forum Good Ole Days

Post  UNCLE BOB on Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:42 pm

swagman wrote:Today is the only day that needs any thinking about as thinking about the past or future serves absolutely no purpose and as for facebook it has destroyed the internet and cultivated a short term thinking bunch of narccisistic twits I joined this forum about 6 years ago in search of information thats what most people do at the time I was thinking about garrett ls and after visiting the detector shop in charters towers when I was there on holiday about 6 years ago the informative fella there talked me into a minelab and after 6 years of procrastination I have the box in front of me on the table and am about to assemble my gpx 4500 I have belonged to quite a few different forums over the years having been on the net since 99 and am quite reluctant to post on forums for instance posting on a homebrew forum asking if anyone had made a specific type of chocolate stout first person to reply had never made a chocolate stout so yeah I only reply if I am able to help someone.
Cheers
Swagman

6 Years to use your new gpx 4500,  gee that is a very long time to think about using it Shocked Shocked Shocked

I'm speechless
avatar
UNCLE BOB
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1479
Registration date : 2010-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Where Are The Forum Good Ole Days

Post  adrian ss on Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:04 pm

UNCLE BOB wrote:
adrian ss wrote:Those who pay no heed to the past are destined to repeat it.
  Everything we know today came from many yesterdays of the past.
True, the future dose not exist today and the past is non existent but all that we know now was learnt in the past. How prey thee do we learn from the future??

I guess when we look at the stars at night we are looking at the unfolding future of all of those stars. The light that we see is light that has been emitted from those stars from their beginning and each night that we watch them we see one more day of their future until one night we will finally see the last light emitted.....that is already on its way to us. Suspect alien  First light has long since passed us by.

Ohhhhh Maaaaan that is deeeep. I T31 I need to rest my brain. Rolling Eyes
adrian ss

Are you feeling okay Adrian?


Yeah I'm awright mate. Thanks fer caring. Sad
avatar
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1698
Age : 71
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Where Are The Forum Good Ole Days

Post  boobook on Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:36 pm

Yeah but....if the light you see from a star tonight is also extinguished tonight, how long ago did the actual light from that star cease to be emitted?
By the same token, if a star is born tonight and begins to emit light, how long before we see the light emitted?
Where we live at 1200m. above sea level and no air pollution, the night sky is quite a thing of beauty and colour.
mike

boobook
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2011-09-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Where Are The Forum Good Ole Days

Post  Minermike on Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:28 pm

I am at  sea level in Sydney   , so   I cannot see anything .   Strong need to get out in the bush .


Last edited by Minermike on Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
avatar
Minermike
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1411
Age : 73
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Where Are The Forum Good Ole Days

Post  adrian ss on Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:32 am

boobook wrote:Yeah but....if the light you see from a star tonight is also extinguished tonight, how long ago did the actual light from that star cease to be emitted?
By the same token, if a star is born tonight and begins to emit light, how long before we see the light emitted?
Where we live at 1200m. above sea level and no air pollution, the night sky is quite a thing of beauty and colour.
mike



If the light went out tonight then the star died or went dark to our eyes at a time dependant on how many light years it is from us.
The same applies when a star is born. We will see the light from that star at a time after the birth depending on how many light years it is from us at the time of ignition.

I doubt very much that there are stars still being born/created today in our universe (Whatever the hell the universe is part of) I believe that the light that we see from the stars at night is the dying light/ embers of our universe and they are gradually going out at an ever increasing rate. if the universe began with a Big Bang / explosion then everything began dying from that moment and stars have a finite life span so they should begin to snuff out.... A bit like a big firework cracker.....Just like us. We began dying from the moment we were born.

A tricky thing is that a star is the result of electromagnetic energy and gravity and when a star goes dark or explodes, all of that energy still exists, so does everything begin all over again?? Where did all of that energy come from in the first place in order for the Big bang to occur??

Was not the Hadron Collider constructed to try and find the God particle, the single particle that all things were created from. That would be a tricky particle aye?? A pure single particle made only of itself and that has form and mass but no structure (not made from any other particle). Good luck trying to find that little baby.


Last edited by adrian ss on Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:51 am; edited 3 times in total
avatar
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1698
Age : 71
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Where Are The Forum Good Ole Days

Post  boobook on Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:33 am

Always a little lost when we visit the coast. Other than the moon emerging over the horizon, I think that salt in the atmosphere causes the stars to become blurred and out of focus.

Nothing like the outback, where, during the course of the night one can watch the Southern Cross group rotating around the not visible south polar star.
mike

boobook
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2011-09-12

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum