Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GPX 5000 for sale on ebay already

4 posters

Go down

GPX 5000 for sale on ebay already Empty GPX 5000 for sale on ebay already

Post  HOBO'S Gold Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:03 pm

GPX 5000 for sale on ebay already Shocked , http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190450381614&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT He said he found a 6 gram nug with it and now he's selling it.

Regards Johnny sunny
HOBO'S Gold
HOBO'S Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 969
Registration date : 2008-10-22

https://www.youtube.com/user/HOBOsGold?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

GPX 5000 for sale on ebay already Empty Re: GPX 5000 for sale on ebay already

Post  TIBOO DAVE Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:14 pm

I haven't heard anything too good about the 5000 other than the fine gold setting will find small gold deeper if it there. It just isn't the jump in tech that the 4500 was on the 4000. I'll be holding on to my 4500 a little longer it seems.

TIBOO DAVE
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:22 pm

Fair reason for selling it if that is correct.

TD, I'm keeping my 4500 too, BUT I have read (another forum) a post that says this person had a favorite spot and has not been getting any signals from that patch any more, BUT with the 5000 he is digging heaps of lead and brass etc from deep down that the 4500 just was not picking up. So this tells me that if there was gold there still it would be getting that too. So I think even if the only thing different is fine gold and even if it is not a big jump, it is still a jump in the right direction.....Down.

Cheers
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:31 am

Gday

Most of the people I know are still happy with what they are getting with their 4500's and are not thinking of upgrading to the 5000, there are two main reasons for that as far as I can see, one is that there has not been a significant enough change in the new machine,and the other is that they cant get a decent price for their 4500's meaning that its a couple of thousand to change from one to the other, being that the changes have not been spectacular most are seeing it as too much for too little.

I have not heard any wild raving about the 5000's only a few comments by people associated with the sales of them, but as they were introduced rather late in our season here in WA many people who bought them are still in the field, now its starting to warm up we should get a bit more feedback about them as people return home.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan WA Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:07 pm

For what its worth...

I've just had 3 weeks with the 5000 and would agree with Stayyau's last comment.
Most of the gold we got I think would have been got with the 4500, and the talk we are hearing
round the Kalgoorlie area hasn't been that great.
A friend was looking to get into detecting and the dealers are telling him to get a second hand 4500
due to the feedback they are getting.(maybe they are trying to move some trade-ins before summer sets in)

Having said that we haven't regretted up grading.
The quietness of the 5000 is great, our 4500's were getting old, and we more than replaced the change over cost.

Alan
Alan WA
Alan WA
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-04-25

Back to top Go down