Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SDC Back to minelab

Go down

SDC Back to minelab Empty SDC Back to minelab

Post  Guest Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:03 am

Hi gang, a few months ago I was up at Tibooburra with the wife both of us have SDC's, She is getting pretty good at detecting now and was beating me hands down every time we went out. I put this dow to her better hearing but it got so that she was getting more then twice what I was getting every single time out! So we swapped and low and behold I was doing better. So as I had done about 500 hours at least on my SDC most ot it scraping the ground and banging rock out of the way I sent it in to Minelab for a tune up. I figure it might be expensive as I had basically worn it out.
Well, they replaced th coil, the shaft, the headphones, plugs inside where the headphones go in, a couple of other bits and a couple of things inside, which i suspect were motherboards. I waited about a month and the bill still had'nt arrived so I rang them up and they said it was under warranty! So I got it all for free! God bless Minelab. It must of had a dam good warranty as I'd had it for years and totally worn it out.
We just got back last night from Tib ( yes it was hot) and now I am back to getting more gold than Mrs Hopscotch.
Also I am using Bose QC 25 noise canceling head phones and these ampliphy the sound a bit which helps me hear whats going on. Although these are noiser in the wind. (I will probably make some socks to go over the cups one day and see if that quietens the wind noise down a bit).
On the Tib trip I got 4 grams (63 bits) in the three days I was there. The wife about half that. Not bad. Q13

Back to top Go down

SDC Back to minelab Empty Re: SDC Back to minelab

Post  hiluxer Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:07 pm

What great service from Minelab. T06
Maybe you should send your wife's SDC back to the mothership for a tune-up too. Laughing

hiluxer
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2017-06-04

Back to top Go down

SDC Back to minelab Empty Re: SDC Back to minelab

Post  Guest Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:59 am

hi Hiluxer, yeah, I did think of that but it is practically new really. Aothough I will get a set of the headphones for her. I tried to give her a bit of advaned training at one point but not so easy to teach someone when they already know what they are doing and are a bit grumpy due to not finding as much yellow. So when she told me to p off I persisted gently and managed to speed up her recovery time on small pieces. She seemed a little pleased with that.

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum