Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 3208
Registration date : 2008-10-16

http://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

QED Information - Page 4 Empty Re: QED Information

Post  Guest on Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:14 pm

AraratGold wrote:Kaye and I are just back from WA, where the GPZ and 4500 found 209.2 grams of the lovely yellow stuff. If you want to read our full report, it is the the Epic Prospecting Trips section of Prospecting Australia forum ( members only ).

The QED, which I had bought specifically to be a patch hunting tool for WA, was a failure at that job. It had to be re ground balanced every few feet to stop it making spurious noises over the rough and highly variable ground, which is not what you want when you are trying to cover large amounts of ground in a day ( I was clocking up 6-8 kms each day patch hunting ).

I read on Doug's AEGP forum this from one user in WA : " As soon as the GB was out even by only one click, the QED was noisy, however that was the first clue to rebalance. In some areas, hot rocks and very high mineralization aplenty gave the thumb plenty of exercise ".

That nicely sums up why the QED is NO GOOD for patch hunting in WA !

The ZED and 4500 had options to handle this nasty ground, including but not limited to difficult / enhance, and slow automatic ground tracking when patch hunting, and were a pleasure to use.

Rick

At least you had a try.
Did the qed find any gold for you Rick?

Back to top Go down

Post  AraratGold on Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:42 pm

UNCLE BOB wrote:
AraratGold wrote:Kaye and I are just back from WA, where the GPZ and 4500 found 209.2 grams of the lovely yellow stuff. If you want to read our full report, it is the the Epic Prospecting Trips section of Prospecting Australia forum ( members only ).

The QED, which I had bought specifically to be a patch hunting tool for WA, was a failure at that job. It had to be re ground balanced every few feet to stop it making spurious noises over the rough and highly variable ground, which is not what you want when you are trying to cover large amounts of ground in a day ( I was clocking up 6-8 kms each day patch hunting ).

I read on Doug's AEGP forum this from one user in WA : " As soon as the GB was out even by only one click, the QED was noisy, however that was the first clue to rebalance. In some areas, hot rocks and very high mineralization aplenty gave the thumb plenty of exercise ".

That nicely sums up why the QED is NO GOOD for patch hunting in WA !

The ZED and 4500 had options to handle this nasty ground, including but not limited to difficult / enhance, and slow automatic ground tracking when patch hunting, and were a pleasure to use.

Rick

At least you had a try.
Did the qed find any gold for you Rick?

No, none at all.
I bought it specifically for patch hunting in WA, and for that it is not fit for purpose.

Rick
AraratGold
AraratGold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 384
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  crowbar on Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:31 am

Have been following discussions on the QED although not so much being said here as on the PA forum however a YouTube site "QED Metal Detectors" mentioned on the PA forum displays some interesting videos on how to operate this particular detector.

crowbar
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2015-04-27

Back to top Go down

QED Information - Page 4 Empty New Warranty

Post  Reg Wilson on Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:08 am

Good news for QED owners and prospective owners.... Howard has decided, due to the fact that problems with the QED have been practically zero, that he will now extend the warranty period on all QED units to five years regardless of date of purchase. This applies only to the electronic components and not to coils, which are covered by their own manufacturers warranty.
This means that all QED owners can now have greater confidence in the security of their investment.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 408
Registration date : 2012-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss on Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:02 am

Now that is a sure sign that this machine has developed a good track record for reliability.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2087
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

QED Information - Page 4 Empty New updates.

Post  Reg Wilson on Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:45 pm

Two new updates for QED PL2.

1. With a small hardware operation the QED can now accept both DD and the new concentric coils. This update is free to all current QED owners, the only cost being postage to and from Ballarat.

2. A new wider ground balance system known as DSM (Dynamic Spectrum Modulation) is now a free software upgrade for all QEDs. James Beatty and I have been testing this technical advance for the last few weeks and have noted a number of improvements. Once set the GB remains smoother and less affected by ground fluctuations and mineralization, resulting in more stable threshold, and less time spent ground balancing. Signal response and depth seem to have improved also. This system negates the need for auto ground tracking.

All new QED PL2s will feature these improvements at no extra cost, and all current and earlier QEDs can be updated.
To those attending the Laanecoorie bash this year, Howard will be available to update your machines over the weekend, so bring them along.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:14 pm

That is some top news for all QED buyer/users & well done to Howard for his ingenuity & inventive persistence.  Appreciate you keeping us all updated on the QED Reg.

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

QED Information - Page 4 Empty DSM and DD, CC compatibility.

Post  Reg Wilson on Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:53 am

James Beatty and I have been able to test one of Howard's latest updates which is known as DSM (Dynamic Spectrum Modulation) a whole new ground balancing system, on real gold producing ground over a few weeks. Over four ounces of gold were recovered in virgin ground, the best piece being just under an ounce. Using DSM the GB range has been increased from 1 to 200 to 1 to 300 giving a greater GB accuracy and far greater stability. Once set the DSM rarely needs adjustment, even over very changeable ground, and now handles most conditions, making auto ground tracking unnecessary.
Another update has seen the QED able to run DD coils, and in the last few days I have tested a Commander 11" DD on my recently modified machine. The DD allows the QED to run on a greater gain and lower mode setting, even on the worst ground. No switch is required as the QED adjusts itself to the change of coils. Theoretically, the QED should also now be able to run the new concentric coils, although I am still waiting for my ordered Detech 18" concentric to arrive so that I can verify this.
The latest updates are available free for all QED PL1s and PL2s. The only cost is postage.
These mods make the QED an even better detector and a breeze to use.
Reg Wilson
Reg Wilson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold on Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:33 pm

Much appreciate you & JR keeping us updated on the latest innovative modifications by Howard to the QED Reg. I would also like to thank Howard for offering all these latest mods, as well as the extended warranty, to all past buyer/users of the QED at no extra cost, (less postage). Now this is what I call first class service. cheers

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  hugh62 on Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:07 pm

Yeah thanks for keeping us up to date on the QED , just makes me more envious of the QED Smile pity I don't have these options with my 5k Sad  It seems more apparent to me as the more I read on the QED ,that's its like a blank canvas ,and that's its ability to receive new soft ware updates and improvements by a very innovative Howard  T25
                             Yeah i'd also be very interested to see how you go with that new 18'' concentric .
hugh62
hugh62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 309
Registration date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4