Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

W.A Trip, first time jitters!

4 posters

Go down

W.A Trip, first time jitters! Empty W.A Trip, first time jitters!

Post  anticipation Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:39 pm

Hello all, the good wife and i are heading to W.A for a two month tour and i could not possibly go over there without taking my detector with me. The problem i have is after a bit of researching the goldfields, there seems to be a lot of red tape regarding permission, permits etc. I would like to get this absolutely correct as i do not want to be looking over my shoulder at all. Is it all as complicated as it seems? Any info from the good folk who have experienced WA would be great, thanks

anticipation
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2016-03-14

Back to top Go down

W.A Trip, first time jitters! Empty Re: W.A Trip, first time jitters!

Post  Guest Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:58 pm

G'day mate

Well it's a bit to hot in the summer for us, so we do a bit over there during winter.

Any of the DMP offices can help you with getting a 40e permit, these get you upto 3100ha to detect on, can only be used on a live Exploration lease, last for 3 months and cost $25.00 in our opinion you cant get better than that.

DMP offices are in Kalgoorlie, Leonora, and quite a few other places as well, just google for them.

Unless you know how to use Tengraph for WA then what I suggest is a good idea for you to get onto some ground. You will still need a GPS so you know where your at in relation to the chosen areas for a 40e permit.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  anticipation Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:15 pm

Thanks Dave, so are you saying that if i have an area picked out i can visit the offices over there, buy my permit, stay in my area and swing happily ever after? (untill the permit expires of course!) and i dont need to have it all sorted before we go? We are leaving on 1st May, If you say yes to the above you have made me a very happy camper!! Cheers and thanks for your reply

anticipation
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:43 pm

anticipation,

here's a link to 40E permits :

http://www.dmp.wa.gov.au/Minerals/Permit-Section-40E-over-granted-2421.aspx

Note this :
"When the permit is issued, access to the exploration licence is not allowed for the first 21 days or until permit holders receive licensee statements, whichever occurs sooner."

So it's a good idea to have something else to do for three weeks after you get there, or apply before you leave, three weeks before you plan on digging up the massive W.A. nuggets   V11

Finding where to go is your next problem Question

Phil

Back to top Go down

Post  anticipation Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:01 pm

Thanks for that Phil, good to know, as i said , we are going for two months but wifey wants to see all of WA in that time!!! hopefully i will get a couple of weeks detecting in, counting down the sleeps already!! cheers

anticipation
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:20 pm

G'day anticipation

Yes it's just like lkyphl says, you can apply online before you go if you want, or if you doing some site seeing stuff then do the 40e when you get over there, and then in 3 weeks after the application it's good to go, there are conditions that accompany the 40e so make sure you read the conditions and follow them, because this 40e system is the best system in Australia, IMO and alot of others as well.

Follow the link that lkyphl put up in his post and this will explain a lot of the stuff, and then at least you will be able to ask serious questions about what you want to do when you get to the DMP office.

And yes you can camp on the 40e permit area as well, so that is an extra bonus. Very Happy

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  anticipation Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:32 pm

Thanks guys, feeling much better about it already.

anticipation
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:25 am

Also you will need a W.A miners right.. $25 for life..
The DMP offices are very helpful

Most important thing to do. Is just go for it.. enjoy the trip
take in the beautiful country side.
Lots to see and do..

T15

Back to top Go down

Post  Detectist Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:58 am

I also suggest you join APLA. That provides insurance for nominated prospectors. And if you elect to get onto mining leases rather than go through s40e the mining company will ask for your membership and copy of certificate of currency of the insurance (as well as other info).
Detectist
Detectist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:47 pm

At the bottom of page you will see the cost for joining

http://www.apla.com.au

Back to top Go down

W.A Trip, first time jitters! Empty W.A trip. first time jitters!

Post  anticipation Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:14 pm

Thanks for that guys, will definitely join, It is great to put something back into organisations that look after our interests. And by the way does anybody use a 12" NF evo on a 4500 over there?

anticipation
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  andrewd Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:52 am

Apla also have a list of company's that's you can contact to access live leases as a apla member
andrewd
andrewd
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2017-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  stufire_smoky Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:56 pm

andrewd wrote:Apla also have a list of company's that's you can contact to access live leases as a apla member

Thanks to all as when I found this it has answered a lot of question as my wife and I are thinking of heading out there next Winter for 4 weeks.

Cheers
Stuart
stufire_smoky
stufire_smoky
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2015-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:53 pm

andrewd wrote:Apla also have a list of company's that's you can contact to access live leases as a apla member

Those companys got swamped with requests and most if not all have canned the idea and you will need to get the 40E for access to exploration areas.

It's still a very good idea to get a Membership with APLA as it still does open some doors.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down