Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A couple of firsts.

4 posters

Go down

A couple of firsts. Empty A couple of firsts.

Post  Axtyr Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:28 am

Hi everyone.

It's been about 4 weeks since I was out detecting. Had a good fishing trip, got my brakes fixed, and the mosquitoes out there was another barrier to me getting out.

Yesterday was my first day out and I headed to Bendigo. My 2 previous trips were to Bendigo as well for no return. I did find a small piece, my first one from here. The last piece I found was on October 13th, my first one from Avoca, it was small so I didn't bother with a post and now here are the pictures.

From Avoca, a 0.27 gram piece found amongst some crushings about 25 metres from a puddler.
A couple of firsts. PA130120_zpsgmsbpoak

I couldn't resist taking a photo of this wildflower using the macro on my little pocket Olympus camera.
A couple of firsts. PA130121_zpsxcysqbjj

Yesterday's piece from Bendigo, a 0.2 gram piece.
A couple of firsts. IMG_0001_zpsft184dqn

A very pleasant day out yesterday and a little colour to boot.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

A couple of firsts. Empty Re: A couple of firsts.

Post  California Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:33 am

We all get side tracked in life...congrats on the successful hunt .. better some gold than no gold...
California
California
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2016-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwijw Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:07 pm

Hi there Axtyr, Any colour is better than no colour. Nice going mate.  T06   Nice pic of the flower to.
I relented & I have got myself a Zed. Rolling Eyes Will I be sorry. V19 Went out this weekend & managed 5 bits off absolutely thrashed ground. It was hard going with long grass & more mushrooms T06  & woke this morning to snow on the hill tops. T08. Post to come.

Good luck out there

JW  V08
kiwijw
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1886
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Axtyr Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:06 pm

G'day JW.

I am hoping to pick up nuggets in as many goldfields as possible. Even if the pieces are small they cross another place off. I have yet to venture back to my nemesis town of Tarnagulla. I spent so much time there in the 80s and 90s with the 15000 but not one piece.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with the Zed but you should build up the muscles. The jury is still out on the effectiveness of the 19" coil though.
I'm surprised you bought one given you just bought the modified 4500 and was very happy with that.

Enjoy the mushrooms and the gold.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwijw Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:07 pm

Hi Axtyr, The opportunity came up to get the Zed locally & at a good price. NZ$7,700.00. I use the Pro swing 45 harness & so have no issue with the weight. I have a bit of gear to move on now.....depending how I adjust to the Zed. A 4000 & two 4500. I have just sent my 2300 back to Minelab to have a look at before the warranty expires. I was never happy with it. Will probably hang on to the 45's & the Elite coils & a few of the NF coils.lol! Mrs JW has stepped up to the 4500 & it is good to have a few detectors for when friends & family come down.   Regarding the 19" coil & all the bad rap it has been getting you may like to see this.
http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/2645-first-nugget-4-19in-coil/

Cheers

Good luck out there

JW  V08
kiwijw
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  determined1 Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:55 am

Q36 Q36

Nice job Axtyr,

It has been a tough job out there over recent times with the mozzies, not to mention the snakes affraid.

I admire your thinking in going to different places. I find myself going back to the  same places where I have had luck previously which is a habit I am trying to break.

All the best to you.

Bernie
Determined1

determined1
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2013-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwijw Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:11 pm

Me too Bernie. I tend to go back to old haunts & is a habit I must kick & get out in to "new" ground & snag some more "new" patches.

JW Smile
kiwijw
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down