Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battery Mods for the Sdc2300

Go down

Battery Mods for the Sdc2300 Empty Battery Mods for the Sdc2300

Post  Guest Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:54 am

One of the things that has irked me about the Sdc2300 is the antiquated use of c size batteries, so I decide to make an insert to go in to the battery compartment that a four pin curley cable plugs in to and then goes to a Reeds Li ion battery pack with in built booster, the voltage output of the reeds battery can be altered to suit, I have set it at 6.02 volts and that seems to run the sdc just fine, I have been told that they will take up to 7 volts can anyone confirm this a being correct?

Since then I have made a battery pack using the Li ion Sony handicam type batteries, it looks similar to the coiltek pocket rocket, but more basic, it has the four pin female plug one end and headphone jack plug female socket the other end, inside is a dc to dc buck voltage regulator that you can alter the output voltage on as well, just waiting on my batteries to arrive to test it out, this set can also be used on any other detector from the sd's to the gp's as well.

Anyone else been messing with these type of set up?

au-fever

Back to top Go down