Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

X marks the spot

5 posters

Go down

X marks the spot Empty X marks the spot

Post  Guest Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:39 pm

Hi all, we are going to post some X spots so some of you can see that you do not have to go to the regular thrashed out spots.
A word of warning about these 2 spots  -   you need to be prepared for the area as will take a toll on the not prepared person and there vehicle.
This spot is remote, with no phone, water ect so do your homework well before you venture there.
We are posting these spots as we will not be returning do to many issues personally.
These spots had gold laying on the surface for picking just like strawberrys so the apt named strawberry field is well named.
If you look where these coordinates are it surprises me that others never stumbled on it many years ago as there is an abandoned mine close by which has had a M lease on it for a long time.  Currently there is a E now pending but has not been granted and that could take a few years to be granted so there is no permission needed to go on land outside the M lease.
When the E becomes granted you may not be able to get a 40A permit as is on aborigonal land and your miners right needs to be issued before 1996 (apross date, i cannot remember now) as that is when legislation changed.
Just to make this very clear there is currently only a handfull of people that now know about this spot but we would like to give members of this forum this information to use for there own research or to go out there and get yourself some very good colour.
I would appreciate that there is no copy and paste or sharing with other forums, we are just putting it on this forum as have found very valuable information on here in the past.
First coordinates are as follows
S  19  34  36.5
E 128 51 34.2
this is a white quartz outcrop with gold spilling down the south side.
approx 600mt further south out on an undulating flat ground there is also 3 or 4 football field size patches that are very close to the M lease boundry
Second coordinates
S   19  33  39.5
E 128  51  59.3
this spot is on the top of a ridge and has gold all across the ridge and in all directions for many mts.
we have not cleaned out these areas, there is plenty more to pick up.
Also we never had time to investigate further north or worth east but there would have to be more spots like these there as well.
the coordinates as close to within 100mts if not on the spots.
we will see what result comes from me posting these spots and if all faverable we will be posting another area 200km from any known gold field/area that we found finer gold on that would probably lend itself to the sdc2300 or 7000 as never picked up anything over .3 of a gram. This other area is just all small pebble and quartz salt and pepper.
Best of luck fellow prospectors,  travelergold

Back to top Go down

X marks the spot Empty Re: X marks the spot

Post  rockhunter62 Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:51 pm

Hey Travelergold,

You didn't happen to see bloke driving an old F100 named Mick in the area? Be very careful if you travel out there folks. affraid

Cheers

Doug
rockhunter62
rockhunter62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2016-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:53 pm

If you are for real Traveller Gold it is an absolute miracle that the "strawberry patches haven't been found considering the amount of tracks, drilling and building in the area?

BALD HILL

[url=https://postimg.org/image/m9m1r0oor/]X marks the spot Bald_Hill

Last edited by Nightjar on Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:31 pm

travelergold wrote:Hi all, we are going to post some X spots so some of you can see that you do not have to go to the regular thrashed out spots.
A word of warning about these 2 spots  -   you need to be prepared for the area as will take a toll on the not prepared person and there vehicle.
This spot is remote, with no phone, water ect so do your homework well before you venture there.
We are posting these spots as we will not be returning do to many issues personally.
These spots had gold laying on the surface for picking just like strawberrys so the apt named strawberry field is well named.
If you look where these coordinates are it surprises me that others never stumbled on it many years ago as there is an abandoned mine close by which has had a M lease on it for a long time.  Currently there is a E now pending but has not been granted and that could take a few years to be granted so there is no permission needed to go on land outside the M lease.
When the E becomes granted you may not be able to get a 40A permit as is on aborigonal land and your miners right needs to be issued before 1996 (apross date, i cannot remember now) as that is when legislation changed.
Just to make this very clear there is currently only a handfull of people that now know about this spot but we would like to give members of this forum this information to use for there own research or to go out there and get yourself some very good colour.
I would appreciate that there is no copy and paste or sharing with other forums, we are just putting it on this forum as have found very valuable information on here in the past.
First coordinates are as follows
S  19  34  36.5
E 128 51 34.2
this is a white quartz outcrop with gold spilling down the south side.
approx 600mt further south out on an undulating flat ground there is also 3 or 4 football field size patches that are very close to the M lease boundry
Second coordinates
S   19  33  39.5
E 128  51  59.3
this spot is on the top of a ridge and has gold all across the ridge and in all directions for many mts.
we have not cleaned out these areas, there is plenty more to pick up.
Also we never had time to investigate further north or worth east but there would have to be more spots like these there as well.
the coordinates as close to within 100mts if not on the spots.
we will see what result comes from me posting these spots and if all faverable we will be posting another area 200km from any known gold field/area that we found finer gold on that would probably lend itself to the sdc2300 or 7000 as never picked up anything over .3 of a gram. This other area is just all small pebble and quartz salt and pepper.
Best of luck fellow prospectors,  travelergold

Thanks Wally good of you to share this info. Laughing

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:32 pm

Nightjar, very suprising. On the quartz outcrop there is a survey mark and the only junk we got was an old tin soft drink can there.    And yes there is old driller tracks out there. The one spot on side of quartz outcrop was only 40mts from marker and if you opened your eyes on that down hill slope the gold was on top of ground shining in sunlight. We did take a couple other forum members with us when we went out there this last time and all got very good pots full over time we were there.
I wrote about finding this a few years ago but personal health has stopped me getting back and will stop me ever getting back there.  
I am also trying to make a point by showing this area is that if you want to find colour and good colour you have to be prepared to think and go outside the box and be prepared to take time to find new patches.
all i can say is there must be much more there in other spots out there as well but most people have never heard of this area and it has not been publisized like other areas.
as i have also said, we only walked over a very small area out there, everywhere we parked the car and got out to detect we found gold.
This area is now out there and we may put other coordinates where nobody has walked or drill tracks have not ventured.
a tip, 250km south of this spot. TG

Back to top Go down

Post  Detrackozi Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:37 pm

X marks the spot Image2_zpsqyt9msd0

X marks the spot Image4_zps2rxqbgou
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:11 pm

Ok! V06  Sweet!! V56   so if I leave now, shoot out to Tennant Ck, cut straight across the Tanami, I should be on the gold by Saturday..... T06 T01

Wayne cheers
Digginerup
Digginerup
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  rockhunter62 Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:31 pm

Hey digginerup,

I better go with you to keep you company in case Mick from Wolf Creek turns up. V18

Cheers

Doug
rockhunter62
rockhunter62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2016-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:09 am

mick may have all he gold and its a setup Shocked cheers for sharing mate hope it works for those interested Very Happy

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:43 pm

Just wondering if any one has been out to spots that the original poster placed up???

Thanks

Back to top Go down