Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New wireless headphone setup from phase technical

+5
determined1
slimpickens
Nightjar
Detrackozi
Auger
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New wireless headphone setup from phase technical Empty New wireless headphone setup from phase technical

Post  Guest Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:24 pm

http://phasetechnical.com.au/product/deteknix-wirefree-kit/

I was wondering if anyone has tried these.
I have tried the bluetooth on my sdc2300, actually i have tried 2 different types..
NO good..
My sdc2300 doesn't even like me to carry a uhf radio, well i cant have it switched on. Rolling Eyes
Its a sensitive detector.
But I so like the idea of having no wire's or leads attaching me to my detector..
At the moment i am.. Bugger!!!

So ideas anyone!
Thanks all

Back to top Go down

New wireless headphone setup from phase technical Empty Re: New wireless headphone setup from phase technical

Post  slimpickens Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:33 am

Hi Jen, I have been using these from phase tec on my Sdc  for the last two months. They work perfectly. There is no lag time at all, and they are easy to charge with the mini USB plug. It's great not being connected to the detector with the headphone lead. Just plug your headphones into the little receiver modem and put it in your pocket. Harry
Ps. I leave the uhf and the iphone on, and they don't interfere with it.
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

New wireless headphone setup from phase technical Empty Re: New wireless headphone setup from phase technical

Post  Guest Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:18 pm

Hi Harry
Couldnt you sleep?

Thankyou for your feedback..

I have ordered one from phase tech..
I am sick of being attached to my sdc2300, always getting hooked onto the tree branches.
Plus the headphone lead i was using are too short, add a bit more wire, then i find when i stand up from digging a hole, i stand on the lead V41 ouch! There goes my ears!!! Doesn't that hurt?

My sdc2300 seems to be very sensitive to radio's and phones.. And other detectors
But it works well on pinging the gold

Now i cant wait for them to arrive..

Hey Determined1 ( Bernie ) something for you to think about as well

Back to top Go down

Post  Auger Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:26 pm

Hi Jen..

Thanks for starting this topic. This gear looks like a good buy.

If it sticks to the delay figure of 0.06 sec (60 millisecond) then it should sound better than older Bluetooth variants and operating within about 1 metre of each other should hopefully keep that to a minimum. I guess the "Lite" in the Deteknix description refers to Bluetooth 4.x Lite etc ?

The Deteknix site shows some wireless earphone packages (ie. receiver built into headphones). Does anyone had experience with them ?

Cheers
Auger
Auger
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2012-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:38 am

Update on the wireless setup.

Well it arrived from phasetechnical
Nenad sent it by express parcel
It arrived within 3 days, thats from S.A to W.A
Thankyou Nenad

Wow! I love it..
You are right Slim.. Great setup..
The only thing though, is i still like to use my $18 guitar amp as well.

Like this one
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Portable-Guitar-Practice-AMP-Mini-Amplifier-Headphone-Speaker-FREE-SHIPPING-2-AU-/321383298926?hash=item4ad3eff76e:g:zLMAAMXQrhdTUmbj

It lets me set the tone as well as the volume.

Now i am not attached to my detector.. Let the fun begin!!!!  Very Happy

Hi Auger
Their not bluetooth, doesn't interfere with the detector at all..
I also just use a set of earbud headphones, my iphone headphones  Laughing  they work a treat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:24 am

Jen58 wrote:

Wow! I love it..

Like this one
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Portable-Guitar-Practice-AMP-Mini-Amplifier-Headphone-Speaker-FREE-SHIPPING-2-AU-/321383298926?hash=item4ad3eff76e:g:zLMAAMXQrhdTUmbj

It lets me set the tone as well as the volume.

Now i am not attached to my detector.. Let the fun begin!!!!  Very Happy

wow Jen you know how to splurge   Shocked  Shocked  Shocked
I only paid $16 for mine  Very Happy
Jen I`ve got mine mounted directly onto the armrest.   I don`t use the 2300 much anymore but this works well and other people that use the detector like it.
cheers Dave
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Silver-Color-1-3W-Protable-Mini-Guitar-Headphone-Amplifier-Clip-Guitar-Ukulele-/321396694399?hash=item4ad4bc5d7f:g:7ZsAAOxyOalTZRS6
New wireless headphone setup from phase technical S6pqb9

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:02 pm

Very neat and nifty idea Phoenix

I have mine taped to the side of my 2300, its a messy looking job
But it works Very Happy

New wireless headphone setup from phase technical Image12

Last edited by Jen58 on Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Detrackozi Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:32 pm

Hi Jen

This was my BT setup

New wireless headphone setup from phase technical 20151228_180932-1_zpsp2pcpuyq

And now this is my setup with my home made Champ amp and speaker on the back of the control pannel were the bar leds are and works just fine and had no trouble hearing it in the high winds this year in the open plain of Tibooburra .

New wireless headphone setup from phase technical 20160217_200214-1_zpsu5cflhyc

You can see the strap on it here as thats how I was carrying in on my motorbike .

New wireless headphone setup from phase technical 20160605_135247_zpsl2cekw3d

Cheers
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:55 pm

Jen58 wrote:

Wow! I love it..

(Warning silly post coming up)

Thought you'd like em.
Tried your idea of using a guitar amp........  well it definitely works ... but No it's a tad heavy to lug around all day.  I'm a little bit deaf at the moment, 25 watts through the headphones on each of those targets will do that to ya. But geez, does it bring up those faint signals! Q35

New wireless headphone setup from phase technical Img_2812

** By the way, if your looking for somewhere to tie a bungee cord to, there is a hole just beneath the green button. Just thread the bungee through it and tie a knot in the back so it can't pull through. Also has the benefit of being dead center of the detector.
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:06 pm

PMSL Slim, You're definitely a lad.

Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:08 pm

Nightjar wrote:PMSL Slim, You're definitely a lad.    

Aw, gee, thanks Nightjar...... scratch I think.
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:57 pm

Q25 Q25

Funny Harry.. Q36

Is that a coin and gold on top of your amp?

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:11 pm

Yes it is Jen. Glad you like the wireless unit. I usually hate to recommend anything because no one uses equipment the exact same way
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:29 pm

It works a treat Harry!

I found 3 bits of gold today..
Love it..
Just what i have been after
I tried the bluetooth.. No good.

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:35 pm

Nice work, will be paid for in no time. Q40
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  determined1 Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:07 pm

Hi Jen,

Have been watching  T08  this thread as I cross the paddock with great interest. Seems it has the tick of approval.

Just wondering  whether radio interference is still the same, better or worse with the new setup.

Happy hunting out there by the way.

Bernie
Determined1

determined1
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2013-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:30 pm

determined1 wrote:Hi Jen,

Have been watching  T08  this thread as I cross the paddock with great interest. Seems it has the tick of approval.

Just wondering  whether radio interference is still the same, better or worse with the new setup.

Happy hunting out there by the way.

Bernie
Determined1

scratch Gee i haven't tried the radio yet..  Never gave it a thought
Will let you all know how it goes.
Although i think the uhf radio will still play up with my sdc2300,
as its the sdc2300 that doesn't like the radio, not the headphones

Have a safe and enjoyable trip. T15

Back to top Go down

Post  TutC Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:30 am

Hi Folks,
After reading your posts I'm thinking of investing in the Deteknix kit for my 2300.
On my 5000 setup I have twin speakers running with a B&Z booster permanently attached to the shoulder straps on my Camelbak.
I would like to utilize this to run my 2300 by connecting the receive module to the B&Z booster and clipping it onto the strap.
The transmit module would then be fastened to  and plugged into the 2300.
I was wondering if anybody out there runs it this way and if it works ok.
Detrackozi, I've noticed that you had your B&Z booster inline on the transmit side, and was wondering if it would make any difference putting it on the receive side of the system.  scratch
TutC
TutC
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  TutC Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:22 pm

Hi Folks,
Got in touch with Nenad from Phase Technical and all is good.
He reckons the system works great with B&Z boosters, so have ordered one today.
Will let you know how I go. Very Happy
TutC
TutC
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:48 pm

TutC wrote:Hi Folks,
Got in touch with Nenad from Phase Technical and all is good.
He reckons the system works great with B&Z boosters, so have ordered one today.
Will let you know how I go. Very Happy

I dont use the B&Z booster.. So i couldnt help you out.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the setup

Back to top Go down

Post  TutC Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:21 pm

Hi Jen,
I use the B&Z booster with the both the 7000 and 5000 and swear by it.
Once I receive the Deteknix kit from Nenad I'll let you know how I go running it through the B&Z.
Sounds like it is a sound bit of kit any way you run it. Smile
TutC
TutC
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Undertaker Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:43 am

Does anybody know how long they run for. There is a cheaper version on ebay but I can only get about 3 hours out of it.
Undertaker
Undertaker
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2010-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:59 am

Undertaker wrote:Does anybody know how long they run for. There is a cheaper version on ebay but I can only get about 3 hours out of it.

Hi undertaker, i've run mine for at least 6 hours. You always have the option of plugging your headphones directly into the detector if you run out of juice as you know. Harry.
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:56 pm

Undertaker wrote:Does anybody know how long they run for. There is a cheaper version on ebay but I can only get about 3 hours out of it.

I haven't done a full day using them yet, ( it will take me 3 days to do 1 day of detecting )
i have stopped using my portable guitar amp as the battery
Went flat in them, ( yep ran out of spare 9 volt batterys out in the bush )
now love using the deteknix wireless free kit on thier own.. I have gotton use to the sound, plus they have thier own volume control.
So far i am very happy with them.

I have brought cheap stuff, you get what ya pay for.

Edit
Here's a few tiny bits i have found with the new setup
New wireless headphone setup from phase technical Image14

Back to top Go down

Post  TutC Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:43 am

Hi Folks
Received my Deteknix wireless kit in the post today and I am already impressed without even using it yet.
If it works as well as it is packaged then I'm definitely onto a winner. Very professional looking.

New wireless headphone setup from phase technical IMG_3442

Everything is included that you need (Send and Receive modules,Computer USB charging leads, Smartphone charging lead, Audio jack adapter and even the rubber 'O' rings to attach the modules with.
I'm heading out Sunday to give it a go. Will let you know how I go.
TutC
TutC
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:42 pm

Hi TutC

How's it going with the deteknix wireless setup????

Back to top Go down

Post  TutC Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:38 am

Hi Jen,
Just been waiting for gold coming out of acid before I replied.

New wireless headphone setup from phase technical Wireless%20setup%20001

What an awesome wireless setup Deteknix is.  cheers
As you can see in the attached photo's I've got it running through the B&Z booster to twin speakers.
The target signal is so distinct and has no lag that I can hear.
With the receive unit sitting on my harness belt its as close as it can be to the send unit located on the 2300.
This produces a very good connection with no signal loss.
I use the same setup for my 7000 by replacing the Deteknix receive unit with the WM12 as shown in photo.
This has got to be one of the best if not the best wireless setups on the market.
I'm thinking I could use the Deteknix setup as a backup for the WM12 by plugging the send unit into the headphone socket on the 7000.
I will give it a go next time I'm out there and let you know how it goes. Should work OK you think??  Idea

New wireless headphone setup from phase technical Wireless%20setup%20007
New wireless headphone setup from phase technical Wireless%20setup%20008
New wireless headphone setup from phase technical Wireless%20setup%20009
New wireless headphone setup from phase technical 013
New wireless headphone setup from phase technical 014
New wireless headphone setup from phase technical 015
New wireless headphone setup from phase technical 017
TutC
TutC
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:37 pm

After using these for a while out detecting this is what I've found. The units work perfectly. Unless you cover them up.
A few times I didn't bother using the harness, just tucked the receiver under my belt.
Sometimes when kneeling down the receiver must of got covered by my clothes (or stomach) lol! and the signal was lost until I stood up.

Other than one other niggly thing there a thumbs up from me as they work really well as far as clearness and lag time.

The other thing i noticed was that the o-ring that holds the unit onto the detectors shaft kept coming off. I think I've lost both of them now. To fix that problem i put a little square of velcro on the back of the receiver and a bit on the shaft. Problem solved. It stays there nicely now and can still be removed to charge easily enough.

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:48 pm

Many thanks for the report TutC.
Exactly what I was hoping to read about.

TutC wrote:As you can see in the attached photo's I've got it running through the B&Z booster to twin speakers.
Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:26 pm

Thankyou TutC..
Looks like you have it all worked out how to best set them up.
Lovely bits of gold as well!  Q15

Hi Jin
I haven't used the bands..
I have noticed that after using them for a few hours, say 4,
When they need a charge up
They tend to cut in and out more when blocked.. When i am down trying to get my target..
Other then that i think they work a treat!!  Q21

Better then the blue-tooth ones i had brought  Q08

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next