Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Houston to Minelab,Houston to Minelab,Do You Read me Minelab?

+8
Harb
AUoptimist
hoolahoopa
Tributer
rockhunter62
GemQ
rc62burke
Schist Lips
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Houston to Minelab,Houston to Minelab,Do You Read me Minelab?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Houston to Minelab,Houston to Minelab,Do You Read me Minelab?

Post  Harb Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:46 am

Yep, its really bad bussiness practice, but they currently dont have any competition, so they do what they want I guess.

I am suprised that they don't have any competition actually.......its not really rocket science they are dealing with, so I am supprised there is no real competition.
Harb
Harb
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Houston to Minelab,Houston to Minelab,Do You Read me Minelab?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Houston to Minelab,Houston to Minelab,Do You Read me Minelab?

Post  AUoptimist Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:08 pm

G' Day Kon61,
I would have to agree with your comments, What ML are up to has now reached the stage where few people, particularly 7000 owners put any faith in ML announcements on the new coil, one would have to assume there are on-going issues that are preventing the coil from being approved for release.
Putting a positive spin on all of this is that we should get a well proven product with no nasty surprises with in-field use; with some of the price quotes that have been thrown about and this procrastinated release it will need to be one hell of a coil to justify all of the drama that we are currently experiencing.
Cheers, AUoptimist.

AUoptimist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2010-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Harb Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:29 pm

I hope its good......

To be honest, I will buy it anyway.......these bloody things are like a dam drug to me.

I'll be honest and say regardless if its a good thing or not, its hard work walking around detecting when you are doing it properly, and the thought of being at a disadvantage because I havent got the best posible tools really gets to me mentally..... I feel like I am walking over gold because its just out of range.
Harb
Harb
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:31 pm

Agreed gents.Like was said,being a monopoly,they've got us over a barrel & spanking us hard,as they see fit. Q35  I thought the drip feed system was bad enough,but announcement after announcement,followed by delay after delay,is really taking its toll towards Minelabs credibility.
On the other hand,I have no doubt that,when all coil issues are ironed out AUoptimist,we will be receiving a well made,quality product,capable of achieving what Minelab has stated.
Minelab,just do us all a favour & stop with the "dangling the carrot" part. When it all comes good,make a proper,official announcement then.

Cheers Kon. Q11
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  AUoptimist Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:57 pm

The sooner the better.
AUoptimist.

AUoptimist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2010-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post  California Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:20 pm

I am sure it will be a great coil at 1500.00 Buckaroonies.....first 31 grams of nuggets and its paid off. Damn...just wish I had a 7000 Razz Razz so I can buy the coil. cheers
California
California
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2016-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post  geof_junk Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:04 pm

California wrote:I am sure it will be a great coil at 1500.00 Buckaroonies.....first 31 grams of nuggets and its paid off. Damn...just wish I had a 7000 Razz Razz so I can buy the coil. cheers

The problem is how many of those ".....first 31 grams of nuggets " you would not of got with your existing current EQUIPMENT!
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:54 pm

T26 Q10 Finally,after many a month,of constant set back,after set back,a release date for the new 19 inch Super D coil for the GPZ 7000.
The "KRAKEN" is set to hit the shelves on the 14th of November 2016. Fingers crossed,nothing else goes wrong. cheers

Cheers Kon. Q11
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Houston to Minelab,Houston to Minelab,Do You Read me Minelab?  - Page 2 Empty gpz coils

Post  GoldPandemic Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:29 pm

Are they just glorified twin DD coils?

GoldPandemic
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2016-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:03 pm

GoldPandemic wrote:Are they just glorified twin DD coils?

G'day GoldPandemic,

The GPZ Super D coils are new technology and will only run on GPZ's.  They have 3 windings which are 2 D shaped and a rectangle shape coil in the centre. The centre coil transmits and the 2 D coils receive the target signal.

Hope this helps you to understand how they work.  

Cheers.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:10 pm

GoldPandemic wrote:Are they just glorified twin DD coils?

No, there not, they are especially designed for the job, just like Mike54 explains.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Houston to Minelab,Houston to Minelab,Do You Read me Minelab?  - Page 2 Empty That sounds like a DD coil

Post  GoldPandemic Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:37 pm

So it is a DD coil with an extra vertical detection field.

I assume ZVT is the real improvment. (though I hear GPZ is not all it's cracked up to be on large nuggets).
Hopefully we will see some huge nuggets reveal themselves on these forums with the larger coil.

GoldPandemic
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2016-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:11 pm

Nothing man made ever is Goldpandemic,but soon,all will be revealed soon.

Cheers Kon. Q11
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2