Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nugget Finder 25 inch

2 posters

Go down

Nugget Finder 25 inch Empty Nugget Finder 25 inch

Post  spook Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:13 am

Hi one and all, I have just purchased a Nugget Finder 25 inch that I want to run over some proven ground, because this is a whole new beast to me, I would like to hear from folks who have run one with some highlight to the settings they were using, also the use of composite upper shaft and longer lower shafts.
Kind Regards
Spook

spook
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2012-03-16

Back to top Go down

Nugget Finder 25 inch Empty Re: Nugget Finder 25 inch

Post  joe82 Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:21 am

gday mate i use the 25 on my 5000 and am happy with it, i dont get to carried away with settings i do change from fine gold to sens extra and dont be scared to drop ya gain to 8-9 and stab 6-7 depending on ground also remember when swinging to keep her flat low and slow even more so if you have already found gold in the area mabie other people on here may be more up to date with big coils if so it whould be good to hear from them! cheers joe,

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  spook Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:25 am

Hi joe, thanks so much for that info, the ground I'm going onto has produced some nuggets,hence the reason for giving the big coil a run, did you have to worry about composite shafts or longer ones given the size of the coil.
Kind Regards
Spook

spook
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:08 am

hey mate, im just using the standard shaft that came with the detector and it seems to work fine, i hit a patch of quartz witch gave me a nice quiet signal in the middle of a reef witch seen us go down 2 ft for an ounce and a half. found with 25' on the 5000 and then pinpointed with the 12' on the 4500 and cleaned out with sdc over 20 bits! whould like to think the 14' round whould of herd it but am glad i had the 25' on cheers joe,

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  spook Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:10 pm

Hi joe82, thanks for that, I hope I have a bit of good fortune like you.
Kind Regards
Spook

spook
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down