Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whites Waterproof MXSPORT

2 posters

Go down

Whites Waterproof MXSPORT Empty Whites Waterproof MXSPORT

Post  ivanll Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:51 am

Perhaps a new Whites Waterproof MXSPORT coming in spring, a well established brand available from a well known importer/dealer that don't change every year and with an aftersales service that don't leave YOU behind.  Very Happy

https://fccid.io/KHS800-0347

My vintage Whites ..... now retired. Smile

Whites Waterproof MXSPORT P1148983_400

ivanll

ivanll
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Back to top Go down

Whites Waterproof MXSPORT Empty Re: Whites Waterproof MXSPORT

Post  ivanll Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:37 am

1st MX Sport outing.

Whites Waterproof MXSPORT Mx_spo10

ivanll

ivanll
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:33 am

Hi Ivanll.
Does the MXT get much use these days.

Having a play with an SST.
Seems to be very good and easy to use. Good sensitivity and ground tracking. Nice TID display and positive iron ID from large to small items.
Runs a silent threshold but hits on small targets quite well.
The Detector is set up for US coin ID.

The SST appears to have near on the same air test all metal capability on gold as does the Gold Bug Pro. Also I feel that the SST ground balance handles high iron mineralisation better than the Gold bug Pro when both detectors have their sensitivity set to max and are fitted with similar size coils.

A small irritation is that the machine IDd a 22k 7g ring as a screw cap. Not screw cap or ring, just positive lock on screw cap. Tone was high so you would not leave it un -investigated anyway.

Near on all of the gold chain jewellery that I have found displays in the foil & iron range on the SST. including a 22g 9k albert chain with T bar.
Large gold rings display as screw caps  foil or pull tab.

That is why I have become a dig it all detectorist

Nice metal detector with good depth capability on coin size targets.

Last edited by adrian ss on Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:21 am; edited 1 time in total
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4344
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanll Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:24 am

It gets it's fair share of use and with the waterproof headphones attached there is no fear of damage when used in the rain, which we have had a good deal of lately.

It also have enough GB ability and sensitivity to be used on some of our gold fields, well at least the ones I have been to.

Reduced all posts with pictures as some forums think the pictures become their property that can be sold or traded as they see fit.

ivanll

ivanll
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:50 am

I do not know if Jimmy Sierra is still designing detectors for Whites but every detector that I have used that is his design, has been brilliant and the SST is no exception.
This tecta responds well to all of my gold chains from 22g down to less than 2.5g.

The smallest nugg I can detect with it is below the weighing range of my cheapie scales. So less than 0.1g.
Not to bad for a 15khz tecta.

The SST has been around for a few years now and I have read several American field tests of this machine and I disagree with most of them.
Most testers say that it is a starter detector. Well sure it can be and that is a good thing because it means that beginners can start finding good items straight away without having to study a huge manual for a more complicated machine that is not necessarily much better in performance.  This means that more beginners will stay in the hobby rather than give up because they think that metal detectors are just kids toys. The SST  also performs well enough for more experienced operators. The machines detecting ability is excellent and ground balance is a snap in a wide range of mineralisation.

The SST at max sens is close to the Gold Bug Pro for depth and I believe it is better in high mineralisation than the Bug. (not as chirpy)
SST can detect this thin 2.43g gold chain at approx 4cm at a tad above the prefered sensitivity setting and even better at max sens but at this setting the machine is a bit touchy on emi. The detector responds to the straight section (not inc the clasp) laid out on the ground.

As you can see; the chain is only slightly thicker than a biro pen line.
Whites Waterproof MXSPORT Rscn3215
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Mon May 21, 2018 4:21 pm

Tried the SST at the beach yesterday and it is fine over the dry sand but not so flash over the wet salt sand. Not enough ground balance range and sensitivity/gain has to be reduced below 40% in order to quieten the signal from the wet salt-water sand. The salt mode does not appear to help things much.
Maybe I did not give it a long enough test run, but it was testing my patience and I soon went back to my Vallon VMH3CS and Gold Bug Pro for the rest of the arvo. The SST works well over the dry sand and has good sensitivity to small gold chain.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanll Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:59 am

From another beach outing with calm mid tide water hunting ..... Garmin activity watch is working real well, proved to be waterproof as it was recovered from 1.2 m depth.

Phone did not survive time spent below water but the battery did and is now powering another phone.

Whites Waterproof MXSPORT Dscf0010

ivanll

ivanll
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down