Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gp Extreame in Que. Western Australia

4 posters

Go down

Gp Extreame in Que. Western Australia  Empty Gp Extreame in Que. Western Australia

Post  Brettsinclair Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:39 am

Brought a gp extream early this year and was thinking of going to Que. in Western Australia for a few weeks and was wondering if anyone could help me with information on my detector :eg coil choice  ,settings  ,general areas to legally go ,maybe people's experiences detecting in and around Que regards Brett

Brettsinclair
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2013-08-13

Back to top Go down

Gp Extreame in Que. Western Australia  Empty Re: Gp Extreame in Que. Western Australia

Post  Guest Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:28 am

Never had one, but heaps of good info already here,

Search - GP Extreme
https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/search?search_keywords=gp+extreme

Coils
https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/t5552-best-coil-for-extreme?highlight=gp+extreme

Safe yourself a few years research,
http://prospectingthemurchison.com/

Back to top Go down

Gp Extreame in Que. Western Australia  Empty Re: Gp Extreame in Que. Western Australia

Post  Brettsinclair Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:18 pm

Cheers big stick plenty of information there for me to read up on thankyou brett

Brettsinclair
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  mulgadansa Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:41 pm

Gday Brett (good name) Very Happy
Cue is one of the "mecca's" of West Oz detecting and for that reason it has had an awful flogging. People still find gold there detecting but you've got to work pretty hard. As a starting point, it would make a good base to work from for you I reckon.
The Extreme is a very capable machine but has issues with the hot rocks etc over here. You'll need something like a Coiltek 14" DD Elite or maybe even the stock standard ML 11" DD to deal with hot ground and hot rocks. Mono coils are probably a no no with that machine unless you strike some very benign ground, which there isn't much of over here.
There are hundreds of "shows" around Cue and you need to do a heap of research, to make it worthwhile.
Cue caravan park has had a revamp and is a favourite for interstate travellers.
Make sure you get permission to detect, whether through Department of Mines and Petroleum Section 40E permits, or directly with companies who hold the ground.
I don't know how experienced you are but make sure you've catered for VERY remote conditions. It's dead easy to end up in trouble in those harsh, arid conditions.
Good luck.
cheers
Brett
mulgadansa
mulgadansa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Hand Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:51 pm

the extreme is a good detector 2 things I would do if it was mine 1/ add aground balance button there are instruction showing how to do it on the net just google it 2/ I would replace the battery with a light weight one
I used one with a 14x7 NF mono with great results regards john Very Happy
Old Hand
Old Hand
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2012-03-31

https://servimg.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Brettsinclair Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:27 pm

Cheers iron bark, I have thought about the green button for a while ,just haven't got around to it yet. Anyway spent a week with my father in law and a good mate from Perth up at cue . What a beautiful part of Australia to swing a coil over ,we had some success with a few small nuggets through out the week and I picked up a good specie ,all said and done my extream worked perfectly with hardy any trouble for through out the  week using a 17x9 ufo coil .total for the week was a little over 20grams . Regards brett

Last edited by Brettsinclair on Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Brettsinclair
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwijw Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:31 am

Hi Brett, Wow mate....that was a good week. Just under 7 ounces. Cant complain about that. T06

Good luck out there

JW Smile
kiwijw
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1886
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down