Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

16 For Just Over Half An Ounce Of Sassy Gold

+4
GOLDGASM
Tributer
kon61
AnnieL
8 posters

Go down

16 For Just Over Half An Ounce Of Sassy Gold Empty 16 For Just Over Half An Ounce Of Sassy Gold

Post  kiwijw Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:28 pm

Hi guys, It has been a while since I last got out for a detect due to the building of our new house. I had been at it seven days a week for ages & was well over due for a gold finding adventure. The weather has got a bit more mild & the ground thawed out a bit & with an ok looking weekend weather wise, Mrs JW & I decided to get away for the weekend. By the time we got away saturday morning & got up in to the hills & to a spot that I had snagged a few small bits last time I was out, it was after midday.
A few months ago I got an interference filter from Woody at Detector Mods. I reckon this gadget works a treat & gets the 4500 humming along hot & smooth. I had on the NF 14 x 9 & managed to get 6 bits of gold that afternoon with the biggest being 3.5 grams. I had been over this area many times before & with the same set up but not the interference filter.

The next day I spent the morning continuing along this area but didnt get anything else. MMMmmm.....where to now. There was an area I had done quite well on in the past that wasnt too far away. I wasnt holding much hope but thought...what the heck. I got heaps of .22 shells & lead bullet heads. The odd lead pellet......& a 600mm dig for an old square nail. Man I thought that was going to be gold as I was in to some pretty solid schist rock. But not to be. I was also getting sick of digging up .22 shells V41 & had just got another signal that had .22 shell written all over it. Dug down on it.

16 For Just Over Half An Ounce Of Sassy Gold 929_zpsugqp74a2

To my utmost suprise. A slug of gold. Q16

16 For Just Over Half An Ounce Of Sassy Gold 930_zpsb2cfsyfn

Mrs JW had a go with the 2300 but after 10 minutes with no gold & more shot gun pellets than she cared to dig....gave up.

I didnt get too carried away on the pics but ended up with 16 bits for just over half an ounce. Biggest was 4.7 grams Q21 Even got a nice little quartz specimen bit.

16 For Just Over Half An Ounce Of Sassy Gold 931_zpsdsc6aoio

My best result for a long time. Ye Ha. Q18

Good luck out there.

JW Smile
kiwijw
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1886
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

16 For Just Over Half An Ounce Of Sassy Gold Empty Re: 16 For Just Over Half An Ounce Of Sassy Gold

Post  AnnieL Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:10 pm

Very nice, JW!! Q36
AnnieL
AnnieL
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1084
Registration date : 2012-05-07

Back to top Go down

16 For Just Over Half An Ounce Of Sassy Gold Empty Re: 16 For Just Over Half An Ounce Of Sassy Gold

Post  kon61 Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:34 pm

Nice finds. Well done JW. cheers

Cheers Kon. T25
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Tributer Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:54 am

Great haul kiwijw. You consistently do well.
I've been caving and stayed on the west coast of the SI a few times and seen some great detecting spots but did not have a detector. I bet the ice has smeared the gold all over the shop in some places. There must be some good patches over there.
cheers Tributer Smile
Tributer
Tributer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1006
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  GOLDGASM Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:12 am

Kiwijw very nice day you had. Wish I could get onto some prickly gold like that. Wish you well for more finds to complete an ounce of prickly gold .
Cheers GG
GOLDGASM
GOLDGASM
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2011-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Axtyr Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:51 pm

Well done JW, I was wondering what you were up to. A nice load of gold with some rather larger pieces than usual. Half an ounce is great, good luck for more.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:15 pm

T24   T14   T06  there's no doubt about you bro!, you are the gold magnet!  T26  

Wayne. cheers
Digginerup
Digginerup
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  piston broke Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:31 pm

Well done mate, great to see you getting amongst it again. cheers Pete.
piston broke
piston broke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1633
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

16 For Just Over Half An Ounce Of Sassy Gold Empty -16-for-just-over-half-an-ounce-of-sassy-gold

Post  Guest Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:50 pm

Congrats JW Very Happy thought you had been missing for awhile bud Smile Great result there mate Smile 4.7 gram nugget impressive for your size gold over there, your on a roll Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwijw Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:04 pm

Hi guys, Thanks for the replies & comments. It certainly has been a long time between gold finds of the size bits I got. I cant remember the last time I got multi gram bits. scratch & to get a few in the couple of days was great.
We have had a bumper ski season this winter so the hills have sort of been out of bounds for detecting with the frozen & general unpleasant detecting conditions. Things are now warming up a tad so it is game on. cheers

Good luck out there.

JW Smile
kiwijw
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1886
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum