Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fee to have a pee

+4
Rocknut66
bonacini
Redfin
Digginerup
8 posters

Go down

A fee to have a pee Empty A fee to have a pee

Post  Rocknut66 Fri May 29, 2015 7:57 pm

Hi all,
I fossicked my way up from Tassie To Charters Towers now, but couldn't believe it when I pulled up at Belyando Crossing for a feed and a pee. Well, there was no food of my liking on offer so I just asked to use the loo. A $ 2 deposit she said. When handing the key back she told me because I wasn't a paying customer the 2 bucks are for the use off the facilities. I will never ever stop at that place again.
Cheers
Ray

Rocknut66
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2015-02-14

Back to top Go down

A fee to have a pee Empty Re: A fee to have a pee

Post  Digginerup Fri May 29, 2015 11:25 pm

Well I think know what they would say...Piss off!...literally Wink

Wayne. cheers
Digginerup
Digginerup
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2012-05-17

geof_junk likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Redfin Sat May 30, 2015 5:10 pm

What service did it specify on the tax receipt?
Redfin
Redfin
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2013-02-26

BEPGOLD likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  bonacini Sat May 30, 2015 8:03 pm

All over Europe you need to pay for the toilet, it is 1 euro I lira one German dollar, 2 dollars is rediculous , in 2 years time it will be 5 bucks, Australia just does not understand that if the price is right ppl are happy to help, too high ... Go get f&@$?/d lol.

bonacini
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2015-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Rocknut66 Sat May 30, 2015 10:20 pm

No tax receipt mate. I did talk her in to take the two bucks out off her till and put them into the Flying Doctors donation bucket though. She wasn't very happy about that either.
I didn't find any yellow in the fossickers site called 'Youngs Block' near Charters Tower. What I got was a lot more rubbish I ever detected in a day in Vic I reckon. It went from very small birdshot to a huge lead slug and three draft horse shoes.

Rocknut66
Contributor
Contributor

AnnieL likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Rocknut66 Sat May 30, 2015 10:25 pm

Hi Bonacini.
Thank goodness we are not in bloody Europe. I come from there myself and if you walk in Germany on a lawn in a park you get told off too.
Cheers
Ray

Rocknut66
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup Sun May 31, 2015 10:12 am

Rocknut66 wrote:No tax receipt mate. I did talk her in to take the two bucks out off her till and put them into the Flying Doctors donation bucket though. She wasn't very happy about that either.
I didn't find any yellow in the fossickers site called 'Youngs Block' near Charters Tower. What I got was a lot more rubbish I ever detected in a day in Vic I reckon. It went from very small birdshot to a huge lead slug and three  draft horse shoes.

The Flying doctor is an essential part of outback life and the service they provide must be commended at every opportunity, however they do not provide or maintain the toilet facilities at Belyando Crossing, that is at the cost of the good people you complain about here, to attempt to dictate where the money goes is the height of arrogance, if you do not wish to pay the asked cost of use of their facilities feel free to avail yourself at no cost of the endless bush that surrounds you, naturally in a proper manner Wink , there is gold found at Young's block and we who frequent the area thank you for your contribution in removing some more of the junk amongst it. Wink

Wayne. cheers
Digginerup
Digginerup
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2012-05-17

hiluxer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Rocknut66 Sun May 31, 2015 9:36 pm

Hi Wayne,
I understand what you are saying and be assured I have a pee in the bush next time.
I also make donations to the Flying Doctors Service from time to time.
I took most of the rubbish targets with me too.
Cheers
Ray

Rocknut66
Contributor
Contributor

geof_junk likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Thunda Wed May 12, 2021 9:47 am

I've been told that a business must provide a public convenience, the word public must be understood to be accessible to the public for their convenience.
But no mention of a fee for the public to use that convenience.
There are laws that still have not been repealed that stats that a licensed public house must (by law) provide water for horses, hitching rail's, stables and feed for horses.
As well as a person with a flag running in front of a motorised vehicle to warn any oncoming horseman of the vehicle's approach.
The motor vehicle must give way, and if necessary move off the roadway so the horse may pass ,and if necessary dismantle the motor vehicle so as the horse may not shy and cause the rider to suffer injury .
So as far as the proprietor of the road house demanding payment for the use of a public convenience id be inclined to take the same action that l came across some years ago at a remote roadhouse .
The person that was refused the use of the public convenience whilst standing at the counter unloaded on the spot.
I never stopped laughing for a week.

Thunda
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2021-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg T Fri May 28, 2021 9:23 pm

We stopped Belyando Crossing overnight mid January 2021. Donger village with more coming in. Miners weren't arriving for a few days. It was shite!
Sewerage leaking which stank. Camping with our camper was on gravel in front of dongers and I think I am still scratching the midge bites. Perhaps not..
Didn't even think of stopping on the way up north this trip. Fuel is the most expensive too. I advise to give it a big miss unless you absolutely have no other choice! Needs so much maintenance and is not suited now for overnight campers.

Greg T
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2012-11-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Fri May 28, 2021 9:58 pm

Greg T wrote:We stopped Belyando Crossing overnight mid January 2021.  Donger village with more coming in.  Miners weren't arriving for a few days.  It was shite!
Sewerage leaking which stank. Camping with our camper was on gravel in front of dongers and I think I am still scratching the midge bites.  Perhaps not..
Didn't even think of stopping on the way up north this trip.  Fuel is the most expensive too.  I advise to give it a big miss unless you absolutely have no other choice!  Needs so much maintenance and is not suited now for overnight campers.

One reason we always free camp, all our needs in the caravan, we find a remote stopping point, usually road side parking bays and settle in for the night. Rarely disturbed by a trucker pulling up for the night in same bay.

Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

bushbasher90 and Greg T like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  rockhunter62 Sat May 29, 2021 7:26 am

Greg T wrote:We stopped Belyando Crossing overnight mid January 2021.  Donger village with more coming in.  Miners weren't arriving for a few days.  It was shite!
Sewerage leaking which stank. Camping with our camper was on gravel in front of dongers and I think I am still scratching the midge bites.  Perhaps not..
Didn't even think of stopping on the way up north this trip.  Fuel is the most expensive too.  I advise to give it a big miss unless you absolutely have no other choice!  Needs so much maintenance and is not suited now for overnight campers.

Most people stop at the public conveniences further up the road, hard to get a camp site there half the time.

Cheers

Doug
rockhunter62
rockhunter62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2016-03-07

Greg T likes this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum