Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The novice's trip to W.A. 2015

3 posters

Go down

The novice's trip to W.A. 2015 Empty The novice's trip to W.A. 2015

Post  Ericwd9 Sun May 24, 2015 11:51 am

Hello to all!
Two pensioner Rock-hounds, Eric and Judy are going on the road to W.A. with our standard poodle Gracie (who is currently learning to tollerate a muzzle). We are from Kangaroo Island S.A. We leave in about 2 weeks and will tour some of the Flinders Ranges before heading across the Nullabore. We intend to hunt for meteorites on the plain and arrive in the goldfields in late July. We have a VLF metal detector which was all we could afford. We hope to find a little gold but the trip into the country is the main atraction along with rock collection. I hope to post here when web access is available. We have a mobile home. We are now too old to sleep on the ground. I will post our progress and and any lucky finds. We would apreciate any advise from others and would hope to meet up with other rockhounds and detectorists.
Eric V11
Ericwd9
Ericwd9
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2015-05-21

Back to top Go down

The novice's trip to W.A. 2015 Empty Re: The novice's trip to W.A. 2015

Post  Guest Sun May 24, 2015 12:19 pm

G'day Eric

I hope you have an enjoyable trip. Good luck with the Meteorite hunt, the VLF detector will yell out loud on these, or you may just use a magnet on a stick for the Meteorites.

When hunting gold in WA make sure you get your Miners Right for WA at $25 for life it is not expensive. With the VLF on gold finding, my suggestion is go where gold has been found and search those type of areas. Get permission if you are on live leases, the DMP can print out a map of the leases in an area of interest, so you can contact mining companys, or get a 40e for their exploration leases.

Hope this helps some.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

The novice's trip to W.A. 2015 Empty Arrival

Post  Ericwd9 Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:25 pm

Well we have arrived in Norsman. Off to Kalgoorlie soon. Gues next is a miners right? Then off to test our chinese VLF and the Pulse induction unit I have built. any advice will be well apreciated since this is all new to us.
Eric
Ericwd9
Ericwd9
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Ericwd9 Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:05 pm

Now in Leonora. Out with the metal detectors for testing and off to the specking patch when the rain goes off.
Eric cheers
Ericwd9
Ericwd9
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

The novice's trip to W.A. 2015 Empty Specking patch

Post  philip.j.thompson Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:34 pm

Have not logged on to Tengraph for a while but wasn't it under lease? Go to the mining wardens office in town and check before detect or you could face a problem/

philip.j.thompson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 725
Registration date : 2012-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Swedes63 Wed May 04, 2016 8:41 am

How was your trip?

Swedes63
Contributor
Contributor