Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4500 modifications

5 posters

Go down

4500 modifications Empty 4500 modifications

Post  nigel55 Fri May 15, 2015 4:34 pm

does anybody no anything about the 1800$ modification to the 4500 have seen a few clips on utube buy the guy who does the modifications but nothing from anyone who has had the mods done, just wondering if they actually work? what looks good in the workshop may not work ok in the bush. cheers Nigel

nigel55
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2015-03-01

Back to top Go down

4500 modifications Empty Re: 4500 modifications

Post  bonacini Fri May 15, 2015 5:35 pm

Hey mods are a touchy subject, lol I don't know anything about them but if people want knowledge about it, people should post it up to know true results from people who have had 1st hand a machine with mods or still have a modded machine,

No mates or I know a guy, there are people on here with modded machines please let us know how they perform, pm if you don't want to be known.

I opted for a NON modded 4000 , there was a modded version at same time for sale but lack of knowledge on the modded one turned me away.

ID BE INTERESTED in the results people have on modded machines too?

For me it's not worth modding as I could sell my machine and with 1800 dollar for mod could buy a 4500,

I just like hearing other people's experiences with all sorts of machines.

Cheers
Mike

bonacini
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2015-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 15, 2015 6:44 pm

The choice is yours if you decide to mod or not, and who you get to mod.
our prospecting buddy has a 4500 machine which was modded and it was super quiet and did go deeper, when compared to another 4500 the target was a much better signal too. He sold that one last year and now has a modded 5000 which woody has done, will be seeing him in the next week so will compare this machine against the new 7000.
yes there are a lot of knockers out there, just like when the 7000 first come out.  And yes i think woody offeres a 5 year warranty so those that say it voids any warranty by minelab, yes they do not want to know but am sure the guy that modds it will stand by the machine.
TG

Back to top Go down

Post  Qld Sandy Fri May 15, 2015 7:20 pm

Consider that if you mod your detector, Minelab will refuse to repair it when it stuffs up, and dealers won't trade it due to the fact that they can't have it repaired by Minelab when it stuffs up. Add to that the cost of the mods and I'd think it makes better sense to spend that money on an upgrade rather than a mod. The choice is yours though.
Qld Sandy
Qld Sandy
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2008-10-18

https://www.goldcitydetecting.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mechanic Fri May 15, 2015 10:12 pm

travelergold wrote:The choice is yours if you decide to mod or not, and who you get to mod.
our prospecting buddy has a 4500 machine which was modded and it was super quiet and did go deeper, when compared to another 4500 the target was a much better signal too. He sold that one last year and now has a modded 5000 which woody has done, will be seeing him in the next week so will compare this machine against the new 7000.
yes there are a lot of knockers out there, just like when the 7000 first come out.  And yes i think woody offeres a 5 year warranty so those that say it voids any warranty by minelab, yes they do not want to know but am sure the guy that modds it will stand by the machine.
TG
Travellergold, If you read the fine print, the warranty is for the mods only, not the rest of the machine. If for some reason something else not related to the mods stuffs up, this is not covered by the 5 year warranty.

Cheers Mick

Mechanic
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2011-02-20

https://DetectronicsAustralia.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 16, 2015 9:07 am

Here's a couple of blogs by a modder that may be worth a read if considering modding (especially a GPX):
http://www.minelabmods.com/joomla3/index.php/news/153-update-to-modding-detectors

http://www.minelabmods.com/joomla3/index.php/news/135-minelab-new-policy-think-twice-before-you-mod

Back to top Go down

Post  bonacini Sat May 16, 2015 2:38 pm

Yeah it might not worth it if you have a 4500 sell it and with the 1800 bucks buy the 5000.

It's a better gamble doin it to the older machines as the loss of money if machine does fault on you and
Can't be fixed is a little less of a hit to the pocket.

bonacini
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2015-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  jet clean Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:16 pm

Dont waist time /money on getting mods to your gpx 4500 just go for the new type coils like elite coil or the new nugget finder , ive found modding up a gpx4500 only makes ploblems.

jet clean
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2014-08-15

Back to top Go down