Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Laanecoorie Gold Bash 9th, 10th, 11th Oct 2015

5 posters

Go down

Laanecoorie Gold Bash 9th, 10th, 11th Oct 2015 Empty Laanecoorie Gold Bash 9th, 10th, 11th Oct 2015

Post  Guest Sun May 03, 2015 8:10 pm

We are starting to kick of the Bash for this year,so I'm firstly looking for people with ideas for this years Bash to come on board as part of the organising committee. Without a committee there is no Bash as the Bash does not just happen on it's own.
This year we are for the first time combining with the PMAV, but we still need representation from the forum to be on the committee as well as this is were the Bash was first formed.
I'm planning to have our first meeting on Saturday the 23rd May at the Laanecoorie Caravan Park.  Last year was the biggest event ever and this year it can be even better with everyone's help. So please come on board and sit on the committee.
You can contact me either though the forum or by mobile 0419008548 if you are interested.
wombat Wink

Last edited by Wombat on Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Laanecoorie Gold Bash 9th, 10th, 11th Oct 2015 Empty Re: Laanecoorie Gold Bash 9th, 10th, 11th Oct 2015

Post  Guest Sun May 03, 2015 8:48 pm

Hi Wombat,

you can always count on my help.

Unfortunately i will not be able to attend on 23rd cos i have flight from Port Lincoln coming late to Melbourne.(8pm)

Anyway just wanted to let you know i am always ready to contribute with whatever i can.

GoldEN

Back to top Go down

Laanecoorie Gold Bash 9th, 10th, 11th Oct 2015 Empty Re: Laanecoorie Gold Bash 9th, 10th, 11th Oct 2015

Post  Guest Mon May 04, 2015 8:58 am

Thanks Enio. Mate I can always count on you. Q27 Now who else would like to come on board and help organise this great event???
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  CrazyPete Mon May 04, 2015 3:24 pm

Sorry Wombat but due to my location i cant offer any help mate, but i do have a suggestion for a competition
that could be held at the bash - fastest coil fitter, would be a fun thing me thinks.
Good luck with the bash and hopefully we can make it over your way for it. V23

Pete Cool
CrazyPete
CrazyPete
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 04, 2015 4:09 pm

CrazyPete wrote:Sorry Wombat but due to my location i cant offer any help mate, but i do have a suggestion for a competition
that could be held at the bash - fastest coil fitter, would be a fun thing me thinks.
Good luck with the bash and hopefully we can make it over your way for it. V23

Pete Cool

Thanks for the idea mate I'll keep that in mind.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 13, 2015 5:56 pm

Ok I'm still looking for a few civic minded people to put up their hand to help organize this years Gold Bash. As most of you who have been to the Bash, each year that it has grown in leaps and bounds. This does not just happen. It is the hard work of a very small minority of people. This year as some of you may know it is still being run by the Forum but this year in corporation with the PMAV. So I am looking for anyone that is, or is not, affiliated with any sub branch of the PMAV to come on board. We are found raising again for Peter MacCallum Cancer Foundation, as previous years this has been a great success. Remember that cancer effect everyone, either directly or in-directly. So put up your hands and support this worthy course by coming on to the committee. Our 1st meeting is Sunday the 23 May at the Laanecoorie Caravan Park at 2pm.
Wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Auger Wed May 13, 2015 7:02 pm

Wombat  -  that's SATURDAY 23rd isn't it ???

... Our 1st meeting is Sunday the 23 May at the Laanecoorie Caravan Park at 2pm. ...

Cheers
Auger
Auger
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2012-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 14, 2015 8:25 am

Yer Mate Sorry it should read SATURDAY the 23rd at 2 pm. Phil are you panning to come to the meeting.?? Anyway mate I'll see you this Sunday at Carisbrook.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 23, 2015 6:08 pm

We had our first official meeting today to get the Bash up and under way. There were 8 of us all up, going though info on past Bashes and how to improve for this years Bash. There was one thing mentioned by Paula Jones the owner of the park was that the park is filling up FAST for the Bash weekend. There are NO family cabins left. 4 only Lake side cabins left.The 4 Bed room house left that can accommodate 8 adults. And only 8 powered sites left. So if you are planning to come to the Bash and you require any of these accommodations I would suggest that you book NOW. There is still plenty of Non-powered sites.
I am still needing some more people to come on board to join the committee. Someone to help me that lives in the Maryborough area. Someone that lives around the Ballarat region. And someone from Melb.With this type help it will cover a bigger part of regional Victoria. I would also like too thank Paula & Duncan for a loverly afternoon tea that they put on for us all. Thank you.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  slats17 Sat May 23, 2015 7:41 pm

Hi Wombat
what date is the gold bash on this year

slats17
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 23, 2015 7:48 pm

[quote="slats17"]Hi Wombat
what date is the gold bash on this year [/quote)

Hi Slats17
mate it is on the 9th,10th & 11th of October at the Laanecoorie Lake Side Park 0354357303
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  DooDar Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:32 pm

Wombat wrote:We are starting to kick of the Bash for this year,so I'm firstly looking for people with ideas for this years Bash to come on board as part of the organising committee. Without a committee there is no Bash as the Bash does not just happen on it's own.
This year we are for the first time combining with the PMAV, but we still need representation from the forum to be on the committee as well as this is were the Bash was first formed.
I'm planning to have our first meeting on Saturday the 23rd May at the Laanecoorie Caravan Park.  Last year was the biggest event ever and this year it can be even better with everyone's help. So please come on board and sit on the committee.
You can contact me either though the forum or by mobile 0419008548 if you are interested.
wombat Wink

Laanecoorie Bash ----- Looking for people with ideas.

This is probably stupid but I will run it by ya anyway.

Digging competitions:-
Big picks (not dicks ok)
Light weight picks
Shovels

Men's, Ladies and Kids digging competitions.
Who can dig the deepest hole in 3 minutes (or whatever time you decide on)

So you don't get to many takers, (which you probably won't anyway) run a raffle for $1.00 or whatever, then decide how many you want in the draw.

Well told ya it was bloody stupid so don't complain.

I live in my own little world, but it's ok, they know me here -------- Have a good one, DooDar.

Last edited by DooDar on Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I wanted to)
DooDar
DooDar
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:26 am

Thanks DooDar for your ideas. We do have a Raffle on Saturday night with total prizes of over $4,000 to be won. Last year we sold over 1600 ticket at $5,00 each. (More ticket you buy the cheaper it is ). As for the digging comp, sorry mate but I don't think the caravan park would appreciate us going around digging up their park. But we do have a panning compentition with time trials.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Laanecoorie Gold Bash 9th, 10th, 11th Oct 2015 Empty I told ya it was a stupid idea.

Post  DooDar Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:07 am

You wouldn't call it a hole digging competition.

It would be called a tree planting exercise.

The greenies night even buy tickets.

Anyway enough of this crap,

Thanks for your help on my trespassing question ------- DooDar
DooDar
DooDar
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Tributer Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:56 pm

There are always members seeking to clarify/find the bash dates....each year
I recommend that the dates should be added to title of the main threads/main page sticky thread by admin so that people are not searching threads for the dates. Having the dates front and centre would help remind people how close the bash dates are.
Cheers Tributer

PS I am happy to help out on activities during the bash if there are jobs need doing . Pre organising is beyond me because I am north of the border
Tributer
Tributer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1006
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:26 pm

Thank Tributer for your kind offer of help over the weekend, I'll take you up on that one as we are always looking for extra hands over the weekend. Also you'll notice I have put up the dates on the heading. Thanks for the idea mate.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down