Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

+3
Peteren
goldquest
Redfin
7 posters

Go down

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Empty xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Post  Guest Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:23 pm

Very Happy

Last edited by davsgold on Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Empty Re: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Post  Redfin Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:51 pm

It made sense to me to move to manual when a signal is heard.
I know the manual states in auto it will not track it out, but I just can't help myself [just in case] Very Happy
Redfin
Redfin
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2013-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldHound Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:48 pm

I have my user button set to toggle between fixed tracking.
And I leave my detect screen on the ground type so I can toggle between the modes easily.
GoldHound
GoldHound
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2014-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:26 pm

sunny

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:32 pm

sunny

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:15 pm

If you are on auto tracking, you get a signal and you keep sweeping on a target can you loose the signal or do you have to change on manual to keep the signal or it 'doesn't matter.

Cheers
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Peteren Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:28 pm

In the six days I've been using mine it has stayed in tracking. I don't think I have tracked a target away, even the "was that or wasn't that" signals remain and only get stronger as the leaf litter and surface soil is pushed away.
Peteren
Peteren
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldHound Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:44 pm

davsgold wrote:
GoldHound wrote:I have my user button set to toggle between fixed tracking.
And I leave my detect screen on the ground type so I can toggle between the modes easily.

That's a good idea Dale, setting the user button to work that way, as the ground balance button now does not put the machine into fixed (manual) when set in "Auto Tracking" it still puts the machine into tracking (Auto) when in working in fixed (manual)

Using the "user button" set the way you describe is the only way to do it quickly now by the look of things.

cheers dave

I don't like to leave the detector sitting idol on the ground whilst in Auto because of the way the ground balance works.
So it is part of my Modus Operandi to use fixed for target recovery.
Pm sent with a performance enhancing tip.
GoldHound
GoldHound
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:59 pm

cheers

Last edited by davsgold on Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:39 pm

G'day guys. In relation to tracking out a target, from what I've seen the 7000 seems to not track out. I've picked up small targets at rediculous depths with just a barely audible response. Continuous sweeps and the very iffy response remained. Also I've now picked up quite a few specimens and some particular Quartz species gave a very similar response, barely audible but on retrieval found tiny traces of gold in the Quartz. To me if ever a target could be tracked out it would have been these.
Bloody forgot those specimens out bush today. Was meant to do some testing using audio smoothing on them.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Porter Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:00 am

The main thing to remember with regards to Fixed GB is to get the detector fully immersed in the local conditions before you select fixed. In other words at switch on perform the "Walk and Swing" method then keep off the Quick-Trak for at least 20 to 30 minutes, once this is done you can then go to fixed GB and use the detector just like a 5000 when in fixed with regular checks of the GB via Quick-Trak if required.

The auto GB of the GPZ is very good and to date has not tracked out a good target at depth for me either, however things can get a little messy if the initial GB procedure is not followed correctly or if you obtained bad data from an atypical ground condition scenario.

In Fixed GB and Difficult Ground Type mode the GPZ produces busier ground signal responses than a 5000 especially on an interchange, these signals can potentially hide a good target. Tracking will always come at a cost to outright depth but in the case of the GPZ, especially in variable ground (non-homogeneous), Tracking provides more than it takes away from the detecting condition.

JP
Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2008-11-25

http://www.theoutbackprospector.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay Gold Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:14 am

Jonathan Porter wrote:The main thing to remember with regards to Fixed GB is to get the detector fully immersed in the local conditions before you select fixed. In other words at switch on perform the "Walk and Swing" method then keep off the Quick-Trak for at least 20 to 30 minutes, once this is done you can then go to fixed GB and use the detector just like a 5000 when in fixed with regular checks of the GB via Quick-Trak if required.

Gday JP,

Just to be 100% sure I'm doing this right, can you confirm the following.

Turn on the GPZ for a days detecting.
Preset desired gold and ground settings etc.
Select "Auto" tracking.
Depress the "quick track" trigger button
Conduct "walk and swing" method for 10-12 seconds to gather as much soil info as possible.
Then leave in "Auto" for the next 20-30 mins to let the Zed warm up.
During this warm up do NOT touch the "quick track" or change the tracking to "manual".
After 20-30 mins warm up, if desired switch to "manual" tracking and "quick track" as required by either swinging the coil left to right or performing the traditional pump up and down method.

Cheers,

Jordan.
Jay Gold
Jay Gold
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2015-03-02

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeIyXg5rKxtrVNJPEM7FAgw

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldHound Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:45 pm

Jonathan Porter wrote:The main thing to remember with regards to Fixed GB is to get the detector fully immersed in the local conditions before you select fixed. In other words at switch on perform the "Walk and Swing" method then keep off the Quick-Trak for at least 20 to 30 minutes, once this is done you can then go to fixed GB and use the detector just like a 5000 when in fixed with regular checks of the GB via Quick-Trak if required.

The auto GB of the GPZ is very good and to date has not tracked out a good target at depth for me either, however things can get a little messy if the initial GB procedure is not followed correctly or if you obtained bad data from an atypical ground condition scenario.

In Fixed GB and Difficult Ground Type mode the GPZ produces busier ground signal responses than a 5000 especially on an interchange, these signals can potentially hide a good target. Tracking will always come at a cost to outright depth but in the case of the GPZ, especially in variable ground (non-homogeneous), Tracking provides more than it takes away from the detecting condition.

JP

Funny that is exactly what I already do.
GoldHound
GoldHound
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Aurumick Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:55 pm

JayMowgrass wrote:

Gday JP,

Just to be 100% sure I'm doing this right, can you confirm the following.

Turn on the GPZ for a days detecting.
Preset desired gold and ground settings etc.
Select "Auto" tracking.
(Depress the "quick track" trigger button) T13 Ho no!no!  "HOLD THE QUICK TRACK BUTTON IN until tick appears on the screen"
Conduct "walk and swing" method for 10-12 seconds to gather as much soil info as possible.
Then leave in "Auto" for the next 20-30 mins to let the Zed warm up.
During this warm up do NOT touch the "quick track" or change the tracking to "manual".
After 20-30 mins warm up, if desired switch to "manual" tracking and "quick track" as required by either swinging the coil left to right or performing the traditional pump up and down method.

Cheers,

Jordan.
(Depress the "quick track" trigger button) T13 Ho no!no!  "HOLD THE QUICK TRACK BUTTON IN until tick appears on the screen"
Aurumick
Aurumick
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2014-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Porter Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:06 am

My suggested GPZ 7000 GB method on Minelab Treasure Talk Bog....please click here

JP
Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2008-11-25

http://www.theoutbackprospector.com.au

Back to top Go down