Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi from central west NSW

2 posters

Go down

Hi from central west NSW Empty Hi from central west NSW

Post  Claws Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:20 am

Hi all,

Pretty much new to detecting, did a one day course in Maryborough a couple of years ago using a GPX5000... Found it frustrating as I couldn't distinguish between ground noise and a possible target... I guess time is needed to get used to using one and and practice using the different settings. Anyway the new GPZ has been released and while I believe in getting the best the price is a bit too exxy for a newbie to be learning the ropes on so I opted for the easy way out and purchased a new SDC2300 today. It should be a nice ease into the detecting world for me and hopefully I can concentrate on learning to swing and hear the targets without having to constantly worry about whether my setting are correct.

If all goes well I will pass the SDC to the wife and upgrade to a GPZ later on. Hoping to get out next weekend to Ophir for a weekend of camping and practice with the SDC.

Cheers for now,
Sean

Claws
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2013-01-20

Back to top Go down

Hi from central west NSW Empty Re: Hi from central west NSW

Post  Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:32 am

Welcome to the forum Claws.
The sdc2300 is a great little detector
Can't wait to hear about your finds with it.

Back to top Go down

Hi from central west NSW Empty Re: Hi from central west NSW

Post  goldenhero Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:25 am

Hi Claws a belated Welcome to the forum , best of luck with your searches ..cheers Mick

goldenhero
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 532
Registration date : 2012-12-19

Back to top Go down